i think my girl is an alcoholic

Guest StuckOnStupid

Guest StuckOnStupid

...and i think i fucking hate her.

she goes to a show last night, i stay home cause i have to work, and also because tapes and tapes is fucking retarded. she comes home at 3AM,wasted, with 2 of her idiot buddies. a huge fight ensues cause i need my goddamn beauty sleep, she runs out of the house with one wallabee/one sock and can barely walk, and her & stupid fucking bird friends get in a cab to go to a party. this is not a new thing. she is the worst fuckin drunk ive ever known. but i love her. and im an addict myself, so this is outside what is acceptable for me as im trying to recover. i dont know what to do about this.

i feel like this is some kind of cosmic payback for all the women i have destroyed with my past chemical uses.

maybe this is a sign that i need to hop off the fucking wgon. nothing solves stress like a good ol fashioned binge.

...and i think i fucking hate her.

she goes to a show last night, i stay home cause i have to work, and also because tapes and tapes is fucking retarded. she comes home at 3AM,wasted, with 2 of her idiot buddies. a huge fight ensues cause i need my goddamn beauty sleep, she runs out of the house with one wallabee/one sock and can barely walk, and her & stupid fucking bird friends get in a cab to go to a party. this is not a new thing. she is the worst fuckin drunk ive ever known. but i love her. and im an addict myself, so this is outside what is acceptable for me as im trying to recover. i dont know what to do about this.

i feel like this is some kind of cosmic payback for all the women i have destroyed with my past chemical uses.

maybe this is a sign that i need to hop off the fucking wgon. nothing solves stress like a good ol fashioned binge.

drop her. your health is more important than some girl.

or, you could tell her how hard it is for you to stay clean while shes out being an addict... see how she responds. if she is understanding and willing to cut back, keep her. if not, fuck her in the ass and kick her out.

Guest StuckOnStupid
Are you the dude getting off H?

doesnt really matter, could be that or crack or fuckin phone sex, shit is all the same.

nothing worse than two addicts. its a downward spiral.

the thing is...i honestly don't even really want to do drugs or drink anymore. after 15 years im really losing my appetite for destruction. i did a few lines the other night and just wanted to die, and beer & whiskey taste like shit to me. but the girl is about 8 years younger than me, and shes going through those early 20s demons/depression.. i truly wouldnt care if she was drinking or whatever, its just that she's a different person after about 3 drinks. its like a switch goes off, nothing gradual. she transforms into this surly, sloppy, whiny, fucking emotional terrorist that has her stupidity phaser permanently set to stun.

Guest StuckOnStupid
drop her i garuntee she cheats on you.[/quote

see that's not even too much of an issue for me anymore. I've implemented kind of a "dont ask, dont tell" policy about those delicate situations with sexy results. although it still is in my mind and it infuriates me at times, im trying to transcend silly shit like that. not for everyone, i know.

its just that she's a different person after about 3 drinks. its like a switch goes off, nothing gradual. she transforms into this surly, sloppy, whiny, fucking emotional terrorist that has her stupidity phaser permanently set to stun.

there's a good chance that's the real "her" btw.

Stuck, let me talk to you from my heart, as your friend, and as a fellow proud member of the Sufu Booster Club.

You're at two different points in your life. And, unless she's treating you like her master and learning how to bypass her twentysomething bullshit years with dignity and grace, there's a huge waste going on in this relationship- otherwise, you're falling prey to her personal internal bullshit wars, and you already got past yours... why the fuck put up with somebody elses?

As another wise man here has laid it out for you plainly: talk to her about the situation, talk to her about her drinking, talk to her about your issues, and see if there's some common ground. If it seems like things won't work out, start to un-invest in the relationship, and right at the breaking point, tear that ass up one last time, no vaseline.

SoS, you're a grown-ass man. and you caught feelings for a girl that's got another good 5-7 years of partying before she slows down. you already know what you've got to do. like omc said, y'all are in different stages in life. you've been where she is, time for you to make moves, bro.

there is plenty of more ass out there, believe me.

unless, of course, you really enjoy this drunk drama shit, cuz i know cats that do.

drop her i garuntee she cheats on you.[/quote

see that's not even too much of an issue for me anymore. I've implemented kind of a "dont ask, dont tell" policy about those delicate situations with sexy results. although it still is in my mind and it infuriates me at times, im trying to transcend silly shit like that. not for everyone, i know.

If I understand what your saying correctly then that is truly some good shit. I used to have a pretty good discipline when it came to never getting jealous for any reason. That shit took some serious mental training and constant self reminding. It was worth it though. It made my life a whole lot easier. Regrettabley, I have since lost my grasp on it. I fucking hate being jealous; that shit seems to override any other emotion I could or should be feeling and makes me less productive.

doesnt really matter, could be that or crack or fuckin phone sex, shit is all the same.

the thing is...i honestly don't even really want to do drugs or drink anymore. after 15 years im really losing my appetite for destruction. i did a few lines the other night and just wanted to die, and beer & whiskey taste like shit to me. but the girl is about 8 years younger than me, and shes going through those early 20s demons/depression.. i truly wouldnt care if she was drinking or whatever, its just that she's a different person after about 3 drinks. its like a switch goes off, nothing gradual. she transforms into this surly, sloppy, whiny, fucking emotional terrorist that has her stupidity phaser permanently set to stun.

Close friend of mine went through a similar situation. He is a recovering alcholic and his girl is an alcoholic-in-denial. She was the sloppiest girl I knew when it came to drinking; spilling on herself, hitting on random dudes to the point that they'd get uncomfortable, and general cunt behavior.

Basically, he drove himself nuts trying to work it out with her. They'd talk and talk and talk, but, stop me if this sounds familiar, people with addictions can't be told their addicted, they have to figure it out themselves. So basically, despite the fact that he loved her, he dumped her for his own sanity. I've heard through the grapevine that after she lost her boyfriend and most of her close friends, she finally realized she had a problem.

So basically, as much as you love this girl, chances are she will not have a change in behavior until she has the rug pulled out from under her and has to ask herself tough questions like "Why does no one want to be around me?".

Good luck.

Guest StuckOnStupid

If I understand what your saying correctly then that is truly some good shit. I used to have a pretty good discipline when it came to never getting jealous for any reason. That shit took some serious mental training and constant self reminding. It was worth it though. It made my life a whole lot easier. Regrettabley, I have since lost my grasp on it though. I fucking hate being jealous that shit seems to override any other emotion I could or should be feeling and makes me less productive.

being jealous is a waste of resources. all that rage and paranoia and everything else is mentally draining. it just consumes you and whatever good is in the good thing you and your mate are(supposed to be)sharing.

but i mean, if push comes to fuck and its just shoved in my face with no tact or out of spite/malice, i will definitely burn somebody's house down.

Crazy situation SOS .. you guys just gotta sit down and have a talk about everything, do you know if she suffers from depression?

I'm going through the same stage that your girl is actually .. early 20's runnin amuck years. A lotta drinking, a lotta partying. But I'm not in a relationship, and if I was I'd prolly slow it down.

Let us know how everything turns out.

u can try to talk it out, but talking it out is hardly so effective unless she wants the change too

and being a 20 y/o with angst is no excuse for disrespect, if someone overdoes it it's for a reason, so I guess it would help finding out what she's trying to escape from

i've done my dirt but i'm not really much into partying so can't give too much insight on that