Samurai Leepro thread

I agree with what everyone else has said, they look fine...pretty good actually. Especially if you could see the hip flare on my s5000's, they make yours look like they were tailored.

But after being a little annoyed by it at first, the jeans have conformed to me and the fit, although still flared, is definitely better and I really like them now.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't size down...the button hole is stretched as it is....Sam's are not supposed to be suuper slamming tight...

Cheers everyone for your input-Beatle, I would agree with you here (in fact it's what I thought), but what confused me is the post wear stretch...these pics were taken just after i'd put them on. After 10 mins or so they had stretched so much I can pull them off buttoned up, so for me the confusing thing was that post soak I was happy, but then they stretched out loads in less than an hour of wear.

After that I realised I was stressing out too much, and then I saw your post in the evo thread with your sams at post soak and 6 months. It really helped-I at least always forget how different jeans fit after they soften up from some wear-I look at these, and I think the bits that I find funny are because they are still so stiff, and don't hang off me as well as i'd like. It's easy to forget how they will change in fit as well as wear. Maybe someone should sticky your pics :D

• 1 month later...

Bumping this just to say that I did soak them one more time and they turned out exactly as I wanted.

Because there's been 2 pairs of s0110xj's in the supermarket this week because people felt they should've sized down.

They will still shrink alot with more soaks.

Best pics of the current fit I could find

509312636_7762554b9f.jpg

509312606_eba43db5fb.jpg

have no clue what this ^ weird sticking out flap is, probably kneebulge gone weird. Didn't even notice it when I originally posted it.

Cotton, Beatle, Edmond ... these are the S0110XJ's I'm selling in the supermarket and how they fit. As you can see the fit is not nearly as nice as Cotton's (even when you consider the t-shirt and the quality of the pics).

p7090006xv9.jpg

p7090008ug7.jpg

p7090009ha9.jpg

p7090010fx5.jpg

p7090011gw0.jpg

One warm soak so far ... thoughts/ comments? Bought my normal waist size (32). Will more soaking do the job?

I think what is usefull for us to try to answer you is to know how hot (you mention warm?) and how long you've soaked them?

They do look a bit on the roomy side, but also look like there is still some shrinkage in them.

Also what's important is to realize what kind of model it is, it's just a straightstraightdown leg. They'll never fit like Flathead 3001's for example since it's not a slim model. Looking back I'm happy I didn't size down, and like I said I'm very happy with how mine fit. While they might stretch out some they will shrink bach again come washing and if they shrink a bit to much they will stretch out again.

Yours look like there's still quite some starch in them wich makes them "stand" the way they do.

As they get more worn they'll drape and form to you body more.

Like I mentioned before, have a look at how everybodies contest Sam's fit just after they were soaked for the firts time and then have a look at how they fit now, several months later. (While I know that it's different denim it's nice to see the change as I believe this goes for jeans in general)

Another longer, warmer soak might do the trick and besides soaking one more time probably won't bring their Supermarket value down much.

@fatchino... those jeans don't fit you.

@Cotton... if you read the sammy contest thread you'll know that I had a hip flare that pissed me off like crazy. I was referring to these as my oompa loompa pants for awhile. After like 3 or 4 months and a really good wash and dry they fit PERFECT.

please dont sell them hot soak them in really boiling water and keep them there as long as you can keep adding hot water tey will shrink some more man just do it and post fit pics..

OK thanks for the comments guys ... main point I was making though is that I don't think they fit now (apart from the waist which seems to have shrunk the most). Just wanted your opinions if a very hot soak would give me enough shrinkage for them to be viable. I'm going to try it anyway and I'll post some more pics later.

If nothing else at least i've learned how plain shit that t-shirt looks ...

Cheers fellas.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunatly no, mine have gone into hybernation till I don't know when.

Decided that trying to rotate 5 pairs wasn't working so until I get the WH contests I'm only focusing on my MisterFreedom's.

Doesn't mean I don't like these anymore, still a big fan, amazing details, denim and fit.

They'll just have to wait a bit.

Sorry...

Cotton / fatchino - any update on ur Jin projects ? Really curious ...

Beatle my friend ... i decided to size down one after all! Sold my 32s on and got Toshiko to send me out a pair of 31s ...

Eventually put them through a hot wash. They fit much better but still a bit of hip flare which is kinda pissing me off; considering some spot soaking.

Pictures to follow.

:)

I think they look fine...I've noticed on mine that when I have something in my backpockets the hip flare is more pronounced because of the placement of the pockets, but its just the nature of the jeans. I posted some initial-fit pics of mine in the Sam's thread if you're curious.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=602447&postcount=1043

Ya Fatchino...look great. That is exactly how your old ones fit on me.

Question though. What exactly did you do to these jeans as for soaking/trying to shrink? Reason I ask is I do not want mine to shrink any more, but there was no roping on the hems, and this made me wonder if there is more to get through.

I really like these jeans. I did not know how I would feel about the crotch rivet, but do not even notice it now.