Samurai Leepro thread

So I've worn these for almost a week now and I really can't decide if I should get them one size smaller. I intended to get these in a 31 but then they popped up on supermarket in a 32 and I couldn't pass up on them.

Really like the overall fit but I'm not too fond of the "hip flaps", I'm aware that Samurai's tend to have this and these even more since they have the pockets so wide apart, Lee style. I just think they could be a tad more fitted on the upper legs.

I hot soaked these, but they might shrink some more come washing time like the contest Sam's. This isn't any time soon though. I also think that they will relax a bit more once they get worn in more, but I'm still not sure.

Is sizing one down the solution to those "flaps" or should I just stick with these and maybe hot soak them once more?

Would love to hear your opinions!

Thanks in advance!

497998348_0565271f4b.jpg

497998376_3ef6b8579a.jpg

497998386_a97e9f87ae.jpg

497998404_98233aa707.jpg

unclesamshowpr3.jpg

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would tend to think that sizing down would increase the hip flaps you speak of. I could be wrong though. if it were me, and this is my own personal preference, i would keep your size and try and sling them a little lower. get some nice sag going. although, from what i can tell that isnt really your style/look. I personally dont mind how they look on you.

my suggestions:

1. sling em lower

2. keep wearing and let them loosen up!

look dope though!

i think it's the combination of wear and soaks. cheep's contest sams went through the same kind of thing, but really fast because he skates in them and washes more frequently than most members here.

my omnigods have the same issue, too, but they're definitely settling down as they are starting to show some fades. and i still haven't even washed them yet.

Guest Chocodove2
[they're the s0110xj, Samurai's Lee repro.

/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I thought they were. If I only didn't already have a LHT pair these would be at the top of my list.

I say you keep them. Unless of course they were my size...in which case I'd try to convince you to sell them to me.

Snap! Same problem. I'm still considering sizing down another 1 on these and selling this pair. This was right after soak, but they've stretched out since then and i've only worn they for a few hours... I think these may be another for me to size down 2 on? (i'm a 34-these are a 33-and I take a 32 in s5000). I still can't believe how tight these were pre soak-now they are much bigger than they were raw!

3ebc1f0c.jpg

ac3970e3.jpg

b3a70ac2.jpg

EDIT: I think the fit on yours looks fine though:)

sams arent supposed to "fit" like other brands that finagle with various miniscule details, so that we as men can feel sexy. james dean didnt worry about it, so dont sweat it. thay arent diors, or some euro shit... enjoy, i cant wait to get mine.

Thanks alot for the feedback guys, I appreciate it!

(I'm out of rep but it's coming your way)

These are going to get one more hothot soak tomorrow and then I'll put them on and stop worrying about it. I normally don't worry about it, I guess it's just that these fit different then I expected.

Deadpan, yours fit nice, different then on me but nice, I'd say keep 'm and let them relax a bit.

I was looking through the Samurai contest thread yesterday and eventhough they are a different pair of jeans, it was good to see it since there are alot of fit pics in it.

Everyones jeans look and fit so much nicer now that they're broken in.

Almost all of them looked a bit "akward" in the freshly soaked pics.

And please excuse me if by doing this I've created the option for noobs to start "how do these look on me" threads for every pair of jeans the get.

Thanks!

I still can't believe how tight these were pre soak-now they are much bigger than they were raw!

i had the exact same issue with mine kinda wish i had gone i size down but its way too late now, 10 months. i agree though that sizing down too much would make the pockets looks too wide. love em though, constantly ignore my imperials, which fit better, for these.