Samurai Leepro thread

Could be. I hope mine looked that good in time...they don't seem to fade very quickly.

I thought mine were fading really quickly ... well wallet fade anyway. But my experience of raw denim is limited to three other pairs in total so ...

:rolleyes:

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't size down...the button hole is stretched as it is....Sam's are not supposed to be suuper slamming tight...

i concur wholeheartedly. to get the tightness some of you all desire, youre gonna have to marry nogami's daughter, and get some bespoke tailoring done...the botton hole is stretched, and your corpulence is being constricted. in this is a sign for those who reflect... is the "i want super-tight jeans" thing a cultural issue, or a birth-control method?

• 4 weeks later...
^^ I have the identical section of missing stitches on mine...

The stitches in that section of the Lee repros is designed to come apart there, because vintage Lees tended to have the same faulty stitching. Look at any Samurai Lee repro and it will confirm.

i've been wearing mine on and off for about 6 months? since i got to uni i've been trying to wear them constantly, so by christmas they should be looking really good. they're already pretty faded, the combs and lap fade are coming along really well.

• 1 month later...

OK bumping these with pics to see how all the Jin's are doing ... mine are still very much just taking off (been wearing my Skulls most days). Very very (very) subtle fades ... you can't see anything in these ...

img0310xy8.jpg

img0311up8.jpg

17 oz. denim is fucking tough ... and I am thinking about getting a pair of Iron Hearts!

Don't worry, shrinking ans sketching out is sammy usually practice.

First wash 60+ degree, Drying machine = good

WearWearWear sketch out and warm wash something 50-60+ degree water soak or wash. Air dry......a year later you will need repair.

Man after reading all this I need to repair my Jin and give it a wash. I got a new Xti + 17-85mm IS Lens too. haha Stay tune.

Hey fellas,

Just got my s0110xj in the mail. I was trying to decide between 30 and 31...went with 31, and I'm worried they might be a bit big. The waist is fine (just slightly tighter than I'd like), but the thighs are pretty loose and I'm wondering whether they'll shrink up enough. Here are some pics, any opinions?

s0110xj_front.jpgs0110xj_back.jpg

s0110xj_side.jpg

and, for comparison, a pic of my RRDG that I really love the fit on to give an idea of what I'm looking for in the upper leg area:

rrdg_1.jpg

People with these should definitely post fit pics asap. I'm sorta torn between these, the 5000vx's, and the 710's (though the 710's are much slimmer, I also just got some 0500's that are closer to the 710 fit than the Jins or 5000's, which kinda steers me away from getting another slimmer pair of Sammies). I once had a pair of these that was not my size (too big) and I can tell you the denim is fuckin' nutso.

I'm definitely looking to get a heavier winter denim...preferably as different to the other pairs I have as possible.

ALso, is the general consensus with these to size down 1 since the denim isn't as stretchy as the Zero or Texas Cotton?

Hey fellas,

Just got my s0110xj in the mail. I was trying to decide between 30 and 31...went with 31, and I'm worried they might be a bit big. The waist is fine (just slightly tighter than I'd like), but the thighs are pretty loose and I'm wondering whether they'll shrink up enough. Here are some pics, any opinions?

dcg if you look back through the thread you can see that I sized down from the 32's I had initially to the 31's I'm currently breaking in. The 32's were reasonably tight at the waist but the thighs were much too loose for my liking. With the 31's I couldn't button them fully to start off with after the first soak and dry but after a day and some stretching I managed it and now a few months in they sit almost perfectly on my waist ... these will stretch if you do decide to size down to the 30's.

I know my fit pics aren't overly impressive, (the picture quality and overall outfit hardly help) but if you aren't happy with the roomy thighs now I'd avdise going down one from what you have now ... I went one down from my natural waist ... I think thats the generally accepted rule for S0110XJ's; anyone want to correct me?

fatchino - I had seen that, and your pics are what almost made me size down. What worried me was that I tried on a pair of s0120xj in size 30 that they had at BiG that had been heavily worn, and I couldn't get close to buttoning the waist.

At any rate, I bit the bullet and they're about an hour and 45 minutes into a soak. Going to pull them at 2 hours and throw them in the dryer...I'll post pics afterward.

edit - when I was in store, the s0110xj hadn't arrived yet. I also tried on a new pair of s0120xj in size 29 and couldn't button them.

fatchino, I still don't know what is going wrong with me. My waist has always been buttonable, but it really has not stretched out at all (or I have gained weight proportionately).

Do you guys think that wetting the waist, and then wearing would do more harm than good?

I think mine might have been slightly damp after the soak when I put them on first but I'm not sure ... should start recording jean preparations for future reference. :P My thighs are relatively slim in proportion to my overall body size ... maybe that has a baring on the whole thing(?)

Nice work on those Solo.