Samurai Leepro thread

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

so after reading all the posts in this thread, it sounds like someone should go true to size? the raw measurement seems to be only one inch bigger than tag and a couple people have had stretching that is beyond the raw measurements.

I say go one down ... I started on a pair of 32s (true waist size) and then went to 31s ... much nicer fit with the 31s.

I agree ! Size one down. It will looks better than mine while it is sketch out. Also I find the honey comb is not easily develope in this pair. May be going one size tighter will help too. If you cannot even fit in Raw, it is going to be very tight and unconfortable. Before first wash is gonna be harsh on your leg cus it is like card board. Once you have a first wash, it will become very comfortable.

thanks for the advice. theres a pair in the supermarket thats a tag 29 (sized down one for me) but the actual post wash waist is a 26...will they stretch enough if my true waist is a 30.5? seems like they shrunk more than expected or something

thanks for the advice. theres a pair in the supermarket thats a tag 29 (sized down one for me) but the actual post wash waist is a 26...will they stretch enough if my true waist is a 30.5? seems like they shrunk more than expected or something

Are you sure it is tag size? My Jin has always shrunk to tag size +/- a decimal places in inch. Remember, Sammy's shrink to tag size. Measurement in raw is another story. Also read samurai about how they measure a pair of jeans.

http://www.samurai-j.com/samurai/collection_2005_jeans.html

So last week I got my Jins (110XJs) in the mail from BiG and I'm torn and need your help. Here's the deal-- I'm a true 35W, and I got these in a 34. The waist fits just about perfect raw, and I can tell that the legs are going to look great after shrinking. For me to really feel comfortable in the waist, I need these to stretch back to 35 after washing. Will I get that back? How about after multiple washes? Should I send them back?

I love these things. Your guidance is appreciated.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it true the left hand twill samurai is more airy and doesn't feel as bad as the right hand twill's? I've been incapable of wearing the past two cuts i've tried (710's and USA). IT's a shame because I love the fit on both of them but I wear them and I get swamp ass and balls all the time. lol.

It's crazy that this thread popped back up again, as I just looked at it again myself today in search of updates. I've stuck with my 34s even though I've felt uncertain about them at times. They have gotten limited wear (1x per week), although I've put them to work recently since my 0500XX's crotch is about to blow. I think it's destiny--I'll try and post some pics soon even though I won't be able to satisfy the longing for photos of a well-worn pair.

I really like these jeans. I've been rocking them with big cuffs at times because I don't really want to get them hemmed (and they are good turn-up jeans in general--the right leg selvage is just about on the front-middle of my shoe--crazy right leg twist!). And speaking of the hem, somebody was talking about the lack of roping on these... I have hot washed and dried them without seeing any roping whatsoever? Has anybody else noticed this or seen any roping effects?

Fit-wise, the only thing that is tough for me about the Jins is the rise (particularly in the front). This has gotten much better since the denim has soften considerably with wear, but I get more nut crunch from these than any of my other jeans--a product of the sizing down one and the cut of the jean on the rise(versus a 0500XX or 5000VX). I also had the problem early on (as many of you did as evidenced by early fit photos) of the bum seam creating some unfortunate butt-cheek separation. This is even more deadly when you factor in the wide placement of the pockets. But this settled very quickly and now I'm back to a uni-bum (at least from a pants perspective).

I'm going to ride out these jeans as long as I can (until I get too fat), but if I had to do it again I might go true to size. But take that with a grain of salt as I prefer my jeans looser than many here.

But I love my Jins. They are a special little pair of pants.

Is it true the left hand twill samurai is more airy and doesn't feel as bad as the right hand twill's? I've been incapable of wearing the past two cuts i've tried (710's and USA). IT's a shame because I love the fit on both of them but I wear them and I get swamp ass and balls all the time. lol.

Yes, it's true, as a few people in this thread have mentioned. For me, these are far more breathable than the XX or VX denim (I have no idea about the USA--as it's made from dead stock). But that being said, I'm not going to be wearing Jins in the dog days of July. If I'm wearing jeans at all it'll be some 12oz baggies.

yea ive only got about 2 months actual wear on my pair and the nut crunch has been felt for sure, good to know that it gets better as it softens...there might be light at the end of the tunnel.

i was just hoping to see some more pics of inspiration so i bumped the thread.

• 6 months later...