says, "Because if I do, I will die too."

The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream,

the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of

paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown,

but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

Replies the scorpion: "Its my nature..."

Guest bambam

"Be great in action as you have been in thought"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with laser guns and giant robots"

One evening a Cherokee elder told his grandson about the battle that goes on inside of people. He said,

My son, the battle is between the two wolves that live inside us all.

One is Unhappiness. It is fear, worry, anger, jealousy, sorrow, self-pity, resentment, and inferiority.

The other is Happiness. It is joy, love, hope, serenity, kindness, generosity, truth, and compassion.

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather,

Which wolf wins?

The old Cherokee simply replied, The one you feed.

• 2 weeks later...

Eccentricity is not, as dull people would have us believe, a form of madness. It is often a kind of innocent pride, and the man of genius and the aristocrat are frequently regarded as eccentrics because genius and aristocrat are entirely unafraid of and uninfluenced by the opinions and vagaries of the crowd.

- Edith Sitwell

Yes, we have to divide up our time like that, between our politics and our equations. But to me our equations are far more important, for politics are only a matter of present concern. A mathematical equation stands forever.

- Albert Einstein

The world is governed more by appearances than realities, so that it is fully as necessary to seem to know something as to know it.

- Daniel Webster

The Internet is like alcohol in some sense. It accentuates what you would do anyway. If you want to be a loner, you can be more alone. If you want to connect, it makes it easier to connect.

- Esther Dyson

I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior

-Calvin to Hobbes

I don't need an analyst, I need the lost and found!

- Jack Lemmon in Prisoner of Second Avenue

Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave.

-Batty. Blade Runner

Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it’s not because they enjoy solitude. It’s because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.

- My Sisters Keeper

Living is what scares me. Dying is easy.

-Charles Manson

"It was true that I didn't have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved. How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?"

—Factotum, 1975

"Human relationships didn't work anyhow. Only the first two weeks had any zing, then the participants lost their interest. Masks dropped away and real people began to appear: cranks, imbeciles, the demented, the vengeful, sadists, killers. Modern society had created its own kind and they feasted on each other. It was a duel to the death...in a cesspool."

—Women, 1978

God I still love Bukowski

2 from sufu

dont remember who

to go back to that tiring swagger argument.. no one had more swag than those new jack swing groups. They never fronted like they were hard even though they grew up harder than most of today's rap groups. Werent afraid to dress in the corniest getups and still looked smooth doing it. They didnt have to call girls bitches or pose with guns for you to know they were pimps. Always had a smile on their faces cuz they were living good. Look at all these groups today never crack a smile, scowling like theyve been dodging bullets all day. Bitch plz, you been layin in your yacht all morning what you gotta be mad about.

dismalfuture

Real talk though, you stay sticking your dick into mediocre bitches, you stay sticking your dick into a mediocre lifestyle. valiant knights, samurais, all that shit, they weren't out there waving their swords so they could come home and fuck a girl a dude's face and feel like the world was saved. You gonna save the world, you better be sticking something worth it.

"For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command or faith a dictum. I am my own God. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us"

- Charles Bukowski

"hero's are for people who dont believe in themselves"

"hero's are for little boys and girls who want to grow up and become cops or firefighters...when I grow up I want to fight the cops with fire...hero's are not for me."

(forgot who said this)

"To be positive all the time is to ignore all that is important, sacred or valuable."

N(n)