HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

I dont even listen to cds. I only have vinyl and mp3s.

You can pick up a cheap, functional turntable at Best Buy. As cool as they look, you dont need any of that numark dj nonsense. just get a simple sony player. youll probably need a preamp and speakers as well unless you have a decent audio setup already. If this sounds like too much cash, just check out thift stores, you might be able to get a killer setup thats 25 years old for like $10... and believe it or not, that stuff is still better than low end stuff that comes out today.

on that record player tip im going to upgrade once i move, thinking about this one

http://craftworkwear.blogspot.com/2009/10/rega-p1.html

seems realllly nice

hardcore on vinyl usually doesnt impress me, unless its one of my dads old records 9someone got their head kicked in, this is boston not la, early black flag shit0 then with all the crackles and pops it sounds incredible. i save my turntable for the bass heavyu shit 9sunn, boris, khanate etc) and i ususally sell any hardcore record i ever get in a trade or whatever.

except jane doe on clear vinyl. i will always own that one..

It really seems Baltimore/dc is taking it ova, as both bands just mentioned are from that area, the drummer for coke bust is this dude name Chris, used to be real good friends with him when I frequented crust punk house shows years ago, he also plays in magrudergrind (perfect grind), sick fix (fucking amazing super fast female fronter hardcore) and pentagon (pentagram cover band) Good dude, good tunes. Never got into stout... My old roommate was a fucking prick piece of shit and he loved that band.

It really seems Baltimore/dc is taking it ova, as both bands just mentioned are from that area, the drummer for coke bust is this dude name Chris, used to be real good friends with him when I frequented crust punk house shows years ago, he also plays in magrudergrind (perfect grind), sick fix (fucking amazing super fast female fronter hardcore) and pentagon (pentagram cover band) Good dude, good tunes. Never got into stout... My old roommate was a fucking prick piece of shit and he loved that band.

I've been meaning to get into all those bands you mentioned. I've heard great things. Getting into faster stuff recently.

Anyone here listen to their hardcore on vinyl?

Always wanted to see what vinyl was like... anyone got any suggestions on where to find/a record player?

what?! i never owned a hardcore CD. only records or cassettes.

so yeah, Autumn is reuniting for a show at Kung Fe Necktie (philly) on Dec 7

i will be there

i just met ian mackaye

such a cooool guy! in desolate washington dc...

talked shit about ipod consumerism

then signed my ipod lol