HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

RAMBO were pretty cool, reasonable politics and not too down your throat with it all as I remember.

Trapped Under Ice/Lion of Judah/Dirty Money/Ironclad locally tomorrow. Pretty hyped for it after TrashTalk last week. Its been a long time since I enjoyed a hardcore show, but this summer has been great so far.

Buy shit from LoJ and TUI. They got robbed on this tour.

RAMBO were pretty cool, reasonable politics and not too down your throat with it all as I remember.

Trapped Under Ice/Lion of Judah/Dirty Money/Ironclad locally tomorrow. Pretty hyped for it after TrashTalk last week. Its been a long time since I enjoyed a hardcore show, but this summer has been great so far.

i don't know about this.

trapped under ice were robbed for all of their personal belongings, money, and passports in italy and as far as i know havent announced the status of the rest of their tour... sucks for those dudes, i dont even like them that much but i feel awful for them. shits crazy.

Tour is still happening.

help TRAPPED UNDER ICE & LOJ

Tour has been a great success but unfortunatley today one of the vans was broken into in Florence

the two US bands have lost passports, laptops, all clothes except what they were wearing, a LOT of the merch, money, passports. Basically its a pretty bad.messed up situation.

They are going to try to get to an embassy/consulate in Germany tommorow but the intention is for the tour to continue so this is a plea - come out to the remaining shows and support these two bands. These are genuine hardcore kids in need of some help - support by getting your arse to a show and buy whatever merch they might have left. Less voting for Kerrang awards and more hardcore kids helping hardcore kids.

Here are the remaining dates :

26/06 - Aachen @ Wild Rover (Germany)

27/06 - Sint Niklaas @ T-Verschil (Bel)

28/06 - Essen @ Pressure Fest (Ger)

29/06 - Hengelo @ Innocent (NL)

30/06 - Ibbenburen @ Scheune Cafe (Ger)

01/07 - Paris @ Le Klub (FRA)

02/07 - Newport @ Le Pub (UK)

03/07 - Hull @ Ringside (UK)

04/07 - Liverpool @ Korova (UK)

05/07 - Birmingham @ The Ben Johnson (UK)

06/07 - Colchester @ Cambridge Arms

aren't they nearly a grind band?

(not that it's a bad thing)

I'd say more along the lines of Fastcore/Powerviolence? I know, I thought they were a Grind band at first as well...so many of them. Ebro from Charles Bronson/Los Crudos was in MKU at the same time he was playing in the other bands.

The split with Seein' Red is ridiculous...both bands come off crazy.

Does anyone want to recommend me some good lesser known melodic hardcore? Along the lines of shook ones, kid dynamite, lifetime, etc.

pre-Is Dead Crime in Stereo, new Paint it Black sort of, "A Pleasure to Have in Class" by The Suicide File just because it's a great song.

i don't know about this.

trapped under ice were robbed for all of their personal belongings, money, and passports in italy and as far as i know havent announced the status of the rest of their tour... sucks for those dudes, i dont even like them that much but i feel awful for them. shits crazy.

Guys need to take a leaf out of Nueva Etica's book and just steal their way across Europe.

All three are good bands, but I'm looking for lesser known stuff that I dont listen to already.

My bad, I don't really know who you already know so I'm just throwing recs. I'm gonna try again

Grey Area

http://www.myspace.com/greyareanyc

Ambitions

http://www.myspace.com/ambitionhc

Someday Somehow

http://www.myspace.com/somedayxsomehow

Agent

http://www.myspace.com/agentli

hope that helps. and I was gonna ask if anyone would know bands like Annihilation Time

hardcore is still in full effect.

forfeit

trapped under ice

rise and fall

alpha and omega

bitter end

crucified

no truce

mongoloids

reign supreme

the wrong side

step forward

COA

know the score

trash talk

iron age

cold world

and best of all, blacklisted.

saw most of these bands at united blood this year, seriously so much fun..

plus, murder weapon played. cmon..

glad to see some hardcore appreciation.

but, i hope the people talking about hardcore so much in this thread, actually go to shows and buy records. not online dweebo's that post on other forums all day

but, i hope the people talking about hardcore so much in this thread, actually go to shows and buy records. not online dweebo's that post on other forums all day

When I read a post like this all I see is;

"I'm more hardcore than you, so don't break the rules or you are out of the gang"

Worry about the records and shows you are going to, and we'll carry on the same.

and as for the list of bands you've dropped to school us, there are a few good ones, and some I've really gotten into lately... but Blacklisted?

I just do not understand why people are so into them. So very average at best.

When I read a post like this all I see is;

"I'm more hardcore than you, so don't break the rules or you are out of the gang"

Worry about the records and shows you are going to, and we'll carry on the same.

and as for the list of bands you've dropped to school us, there are a few good ones, and some I've really gotten into lately... but Blacklisted?

I just do not understand why people are so into them. So very average at best.

i'm just stating current bands that people should get into if they haven't already.

i forgot to add:

die young (tx)

wisdom in chains

living hell

pulling teeth

KLU (always a fun band)

(will add more)

you can call that schooled if you'd like, whatever you perceive it as.

and are you kidding? blacklisted average? i mean, to each their own but.. blacklisted isn't an "average" hardcore band.

not only do they never stop touring, which is very respectable, but their sound is way different then most hardcore bands. They have changed their sound since "the beat goes on" and now their new record, "heavier than heaven, lonlier then god" sounds like a mix between nirvana, sonic youth, and good ol' blacklisted. At least in my opinion. and I respect that they change their sound (see justice, the euro band) and not do the same ol' hardcore sound, because sometimes it gets dull. Plus, watching them live is probably the most exciting thing ever, shit puts you in a state of hypnosis and everybody gets fucking wild. I don't see why people can't get into this band.. Some kids got "mad" because they don't do eye for an eye anymore, and the new songs aren't as moshy, but honestly who gives a damn. Blacklisted is the funnest band i've seen live, and will be legends in my book.

thats my take on it.

if any of you are from NY and you know where exactly the trash talk/iron age/cold world show is tomorrow (somewhere in brooklyn?) hook a brother up i think i found it but i dont want to show up and be in the wrong place you know

word

They played at United Blood in Richmond back in march...

i could be wrong, but I think after so long they're finally recording a new E.P.

If so, I can't fucking wait

i've beeeen feeeeeeeeeeeeeeelinnn pretty good today! :P:p:p

reign supreme on friday:

weak turnout, but it was still fun. push and pogo mosh in effect from kids in high school.

cold world/trash talk last night:

AWESOME. trashtalk great as always, not too crazy, my friend ben split his own lip open because he is just that hard. I had been waiting to see Cold World for a long time and they were great, people in wherever-the-fuck, PA need to dance harder. Too much standing around.

Can Cold World play the songs off their new record?

When they played here they could barely hold down the songs off the 7" - sloppiest band I've ever seen. Still fun though.

Not too many big name hardcore shows here for a while, just local bills except for Ringworm in some shitty venue, and Common Cause a few days later but I don't know much about them.

Pulling Teeth soon which I'm kinda excited about.

People are getting hyped about the Deal With It record out on Dead and Gone this week too.