HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

yeah I cant imagine this much time has passed without dwid becoming a little worse for wear... integ used to play and tour nonstop, and with dwid only doing studio shit lately, I doubt he was working up to playing a ton of shows again.

I really doubt a bunch of scumbags from cleveland would join Integrity again anyway, after the last huge collapse 5 or so years ago, Im thinking everyone isnt on great terms. Chubby is a sellout bro dude motorcycler now.

• 2 weeks later...
anyone seen harley's nu-metal gem yet? what a fall.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6x1UcYFkjSM

My GOD...I heard that garbage on his myspace page a WHILE ago and thought maybe he'd pass on continuing to feed it...I was WRONG...my god. Methinks Necro has something weird to do with it.

The Popmaster Fabel directorial effort was fuckin' weird too...random.

Why does nobody else care about this?

They probably stopped checking this thread a long time ago...cause it's been rather suckish recently.

Oh dear, thats just laughable, and yet he clearly still thinks of himself so highly.

"N-N-N-NEW YORK HARDCORE OG!!!!!!"

His Harley's War audience must be incredibly idiotic. That shit can only appeal to a bunch of cockish rap-metal fanboys (who probably wear Slipknot tees to the shows) getting their fill of some "authentic" hardcore.

Listened to Negative Approach - Total Recall this morning on the way to work. That is real hardcore, all the chugga-chugga modern bands people talk about in this thread combined could never match them for intensity.

But please, someone feel free to prove me wrong, I'd love some good new music to listen to.

I agree with Arem to an extent about Negative Approach...as far as their level of intensity/ferocity versus TODAY's bands. I do however think that a handful of the 90's hardcore/powerviolence'ish bands matched that level...although they all pretty much cite Negative Approach as a major influence (them, DRI, and like Koro or Void).

Is anyone from NYC/Northeast going to see Negative Approach at Southpaw (Brooklyn) this month?

Guest binaural

i've been listening to a lot hardcore again lately. started going to shows around 91 (in Boston) so that was sort of my era. Flagman, Earth Crisis, Mouthpiece, Strife, Eye for an Eye, Shelter, Converge (who at the time were considered to be the worst hardcore band in Mass. that totally changed, but i still have the first demo and 7" and they sounded like a bad Biohazard knockoff), etc... a lot of it has not held up for me, but some has. really dig the first 2 108 records, for instance. Eye for an Eye are classic. never liked Bane, Ten Yard Fight, In my Eyes or any of that 88 revival stuff. but maybe i sorta outgrew the whole straight edge thing by the time those bands were happening. one band from Boston that never got their due, i think, was Arise. phenomonal band and way ahead of their time. they were kinda doing in 92 what Converge is doing now. blah.

and of course, there was shit like Merel, Struggle, Downcast, Born Against, Heroin, Universal Order of Armageddon, Rorschach, etc... most of which i still love and blows away a lot of the later bands that were influenced by. in my opinion.

anyway, nice to see this thread. of course, there's really no denying classics like Bad Brains, Cro Mags, Minor Threat, Black Flag, Negative Approach, MDC, Gorilla Biscuits, Youth of Today, etc etc...

haven't been to a HC show since 96 so i have no idea what it's like now, though it seems to have gotten a bit more commercial (Victory and Trustkill ads on MTV?). i'm sure there's some rad shit happening... and in a way, Lightning Bolt are the most hardcore band I've heard in the last 10 years.

and of course, there was shit like Merel, Struggle, Downcast, Born Against, Heroin, Universal Order of Armageddon, Rorschach, etc... most of which i still love and blows away a lot of the later bands that were influenced by. in my opinion.

anyway, nice to see this thread. of course, there's really no denying classics like Bad Brains, Cro Mags, Minor Threat, Black Flag, Negative Approach, MDC, Gorilla Biscuits, Youth of Today, etc etc...

Quoted for fucking truth.

Anyone hear listen to Hail Mary? I've been getting their 7"'s lately...some great art by Sam McPheeters and an especially crazy etching on one side of a 7" by Neil Burke. That good ole ugly and ripping 90's ABC-style shit from NY (well actually Albany). Great writing.