Best Burger I EVER HAD was...

plongin

I don't "burg" as hard as some of the other posters here. 

I liked (in no particular order):

-Holeman and Finch (ATL)

-Stanton's (HOU)

-Spruce (SF)

TOKYO

-Beacon *Any restaurant owned by TY Express group is to die for

-Wakanui

-I-Kousya

-Brozer's

-Authentic 

Have not been to Bocado or Little Owl. Because the boss says they are better than H&F, they must be really good.

herp, this list still relevant for tokyo? 

• 1 month later...

Big Nick's on 75th Street and Broadway?

Would never call it quaint, but...

I was singing that places praises in the last burger thread we had. They are not the highest quality, but the experience is second only to Happy Burger, which has been gone since '94.

Big NIcks? Damn, I went there once like when I was like 12 and remember only finishing half the burger right before watching War of the Worlds. I feel old..

Who the fuck cares about burgers, just go to 5 guys or something, gourmet burgers are pure bullshit. You want gourmet, go eat adult food you losers.

shut the fuck up fooma

in other news, kuma's in chicago is still the best ever

herp, this list still relevant for tokyo? 

if you want a breakdown of tokyo, http://www.tokyoburgerblog.com - tokyo and some other spots occasionally.

personally i've had about a zillion burgers. best is tough to say, but most consistently good and reasonably priced i'd go with shake shack in nyc (for some reason madison sq park one is better than uptown or grand central) and in n out in los angeles (any of them - so consistent).

on my most recent jp trip i tried:

w.p. gold burger (shibuya).

blacows (ebisu).

reg-on diner (shibuya).

journal standard burger cafe (shinjuku).

burger's base (yoyogi).

kobe galvy (kyoto).

although i went to 10+ coffee spots, i had to pass on lots of burg joints (i.e. brozers) as i didn't want to gain 50kg during my holiday. reg-on diner seems to be missed by everyone but is highly recommended.

Edited by conqueror

shut the fuck up fooma

in other news, kuma's in chicago is still the best ever

Blend and Big Fernand make good burgers (Paris).

Just saying burgers are very basic fast food and it's not really a feat to make a nice one, I can go for lunch but no way am I having diner with a bunch of friends some "hype burger joint". The whole luxury fast food current is complete bullshit, go eat some veal or whatever.

how was js burger cafe? Its across the street from visvim right? We considered trying it but went to gyozaro instead

i think there are two; i went to the shinjuku one which is about a 1min walk from the JR south east exit. they had a ghostbusters/halloween promotion running, so i tried the 'scary avocado burger' or something along those lines. ordering was unnecessarily confusing and convoluted but the actual burg + lattice fries were way better than i expected.

edit: the js pancake cafe in aoyama is also worth checking out, especially if you're going to maison kitsune or the farmers market.

Edited by conqueror

i think there are two; i went to the shinjuku one which is about a 1min walk from the JR south east exit. they had a ghostbusters/halloween promotion running, so i tried the 'scary avocado burger' or something along those lines. ordering was unnecessarily confusing and convoluted but the actual burg + lattice fries were way better than i expected.

edit: the js pancake cafe in aoyama is also worth checking out, especially if you're going to maison kitsune or the farmers market.

Going shopping to Visvim and having a gourmet burger after sound like some kind of unintentional virginity pledge

lmao get the fuck outta here fuums 

I'm having bagels as I'm reading this, I like a good bagel. On the other hand people who talk about their gourmet bagel experiences and post review on their food blogs are assholes. It's a fucking bagel dude.

I'm having bagels as I'm reading this, I like a good bagel. On the other hand people who talk about their gourmet bagel experiences and post review on their food blogs are assholes. It's a fucking bagel dude.

you know what though, a good bagel is hard to come by.  :(  there are a lot of terrible bagel shops out there.

on my most recent jp trip i tried:

w.p. gold burger (shibuya).

blacows (ebisu).

reg-on diner (shibuya).

journal standard burger cafe (shinjuku).

burger's base (yoyogi).

kobe galvy (kyoto).

although i went to 10+ coffee spots, i had to pass on lots of burg joints (i.e. brozers) as i didn't want to gain 50kg during my holiday. reg-on diner seems to be missed by everyone but is highly recommended.

did you like blacows? even though most of us discourage tourists from going to blacows, no one fucking listens to us. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...