dear/ask jmatsu (advice column)

robideaux

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi jmatsu, is turning 30 y/o really the new 40? i can see your metabolism has slowed down, but is there anything else that's different now? thanks.

no it ain't. modern medicine is progessing. good dna is good dna, but on the other hand shitty dna sux/carries over (how is your genetic stock?). if you have the resources (do you?), youth can be bought and sold.

dear jmatsu,

i'm 6'13", 343lbs. should i size down 4 on my APC New Standards? ii'm thinking a 28 or 27.

yeah, why not? anyway new standards stretch. you could also b like that one guy who buys big pants/sews a smaller sized tag on them.

dear jmatsu,

assuming i were going to purchase a pair of opening ceremony footwear, should i purchase a pair of lowtop laceups or boots? thanks in advance

i seen them mainly via pics. i am gonna get some cause this one nigga on my nuts works at the l.a. store (pm me your size and model you want...no guarantees tho). anyway if you have the resources/etc get all. if not, i'd just go with the highs. reason being is that besides the funky colorsways, caps, patent, etc the low silouettes aren't something that you or i haven't seen b4 (the highs are alittle special).

dear jmatsu,

this is something that has been on my mind alot lately... how would one become an elitist on the level of you or dj rajilo? is it even possible without being japanese? this is a goal that i would like to work towards in my life, but i dont want to waste my time if i am lacking the proper genetics and/or culture.

thank you,

cheep

you are already an elitist...

you should have asked about being a balla.

do you have a lottery in florida?

who is your fav WAYWT sufu poster?

how good do u think ur personal style racks up agains the rest of the board

besides myself...off the top of my head i'd say fab right now.

honestly i'd say i do better than some, while i am inspired by others.

dear jmatsu

i am looking for a pair of sneakers to practice capoeira in, but the dance studio where we train only allows non-marking soles. what are non-marking soles made of? any recs as far as this goes, especially white? where police?

thanks mb

mellowbonsai

dear mg,

Regular jogging shoes are usually marking, but might happen to be non-marking. It usually says on the box, but the labelling is sometimes inaccurate. Usually, shoes with white sole are non-marking. If you intend to use jogging shoes for dancing, you want them to be new, never worn outside or you will have to clean them very thoroughly. All the clay and sand that you bring from the street damages the floor.

not really an expert cause i don't dance for people, people dance for me.

i like this:

swims_m.jpg

but you wanted white so....

just go buy some capezio dance sneakers.

i wuz thinkin maybe deez jawns

81jUMmC%2BS9L._SS400_.jpg

jmatsu approved [y/n]

i guess. just for dancing right? if you want the og-jap street stylie cred/approbal you might want to buy the campus model instead.

have you laid corny white chicks

if so, how'd you do it

yes.

beikoku:

look for the ones majoring in japanese language. help them with their homework/studies. show them jap culture, then show them the dick.

tokyo:

look for eastern european girls in lower scale clubs. just like regular jap bitches buy them drinks until last train is gone. must get them mad intoxicated. helps if their visa is almost up. even if their japanese sucks shit, always pretend that you understand wtf they're going talking about. if you go to the s clubs by shibuya shinminamiguchi, find this russian bitch who pretends to be italian. her name is "sonja." she is decent looking and will fuck.

or you could do what men in power always do. just buy them. ginza b good, roppongi b alright, but i figure you'll have to settle for ueno or saitama (probably soka).

capoeira = afro-brazilian martial art/dance/music

looks like a dance, but with lots of martial arts principles

whatev id probably cop either way

nigga, i been to brazilian-land b4. i know what capoeira is. why you guys even practicing inside/ in a studio?. go practive on a beach or at a favela.

nigga, i been to brazilian-land b4. i know what capoeira is. why you guys even practicing inside/ in a studio?. go practive on a beach or at a favela.

haha, capoeira on the beach is so cliche, its the topic of almost any capoeira song ever

our beaches in wisconsin freeze up in the winter, kinda hard to do

anyway j, are there any other special topics youre an expert on but are too obscure for even supertalk? japanese traditional/ceremonial music/dance, for example?