dear/ask jmatsu (advice column)

robideaux

haha, capoeira on the beach is so cliche, its the topic of almost any capoeira song ever

our beaches in wisconsin freeze up in the winter, kinda hard to do

anyway j, are there any other special topics youre an expert on but are too obscure for even supertalk? japanese traditional/ceremonial music/dance, for example?

i didn't know where you live.

bunraku, enka, no, setai,yakuza-speech...many many many

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Jmatsu,

I am having a hard time making the decision of which grad school I should attend, all the schools are really nice so I think the deciding factor will be the location. The choices are:

-Los Angeles,CA

-Ft. Lauderdale, FL

-Philadelphia, PA

-Boston, MA

-Chicago, IL

Which city would you choose and why?

Thanks,

Who?

Dear Jmatsu,

I am having a hard time making the decision of which grad school I should attend, all the schools are really nice so I think the deciding factor will be the location. The choices are:

-Los Angeles,CA

-Ft. Lauderdale, FL

-Philadelphia, PA

-Boston, MA

-Chicago, IL

Which city would you choose and why?

Thanks,

Who?

what is your major?

l.a. has alotta fake yet nice titties and pretty good shopping/food/music/etc, but l.a. attitude make me angry sometimes.

fl has disney world epcot center. i assume they have alotta beach-synagogues. also immortalized forever by the fresh prince.

philly got good music and cheap food. mabye you could be and extra on the wire.

boston people talk funny, but their clam chowder is good. if you irish you could join an outfit.

chicago has a shop that carries eric lebon.

i don't know...maybe if i had to pick i would go to l.a. cause it'd give me a good reason to by a bmw or ferrari or some shit like that.

Is And A or ShapeL legitimate brands to look out for( in terms of quality)?

honestly in terms of quality, no. not like the past. they are trying to compete with the bigger "select shop" chains and have sacrificed quality for image/marketing. who cares though?

never heard of shapel but i bet he found it on zozo.

And A is always disappointing. Kinda expensive (like more expensive than hare) and sucky.

a lot of people like their bags though.

I only ask because i saw this pretty decent jacket from ShapeL and a nice top from and A but the prices were a bit too high so i was curious as to how the quality was like..

cuz for 23,400 i would like to at least have a good feeling about the quality

Jmatsu,

what career should I choose? I've wanted to be a film maker for a long time, but I don't have any good connections to the industry. Should I just go into advertising or something?

Thanks

dear hocus pocus,

don't give up. can't you just do independently funded low budgest shit on the side if you go into advertising? i don't know what kind of film genre you do, but why not enter into amateur competitions like the cola short films b4 the feature presentations in theatres?

you are in toronto. as a matter a fact romero is doing/promoting his newest zombie film there. there is actually a amateur horror short film competition. if you are interested, find it on myspace. the rules are simple and the prize would probably be great for your career. i think it's called diary of the dead.

never heard of shapel but i bet he found it on zozo.

And A is always disappointing. Kinda expensive (like more expensive than hare) and sucky.

a lot of people like their bags though.

at least most of the girls at and A are hot tho...

Dear JMatsu,

I ordered combat boots from Robi over a month ago and they are not here.

Who should I kill? Him, or USPS Hawaii?

hali,

i didn't know this. i will inquire on your behalf. seriously.

just to let you know, i sent a couple of things to my customers in canada and shit took longer than anticipated. did he give you tracking/confirmation number?

Jmatsu

I am planning on doing a short course abroad in my chosen proffesion (you know what that is) just so it looks good on my resume (not so much for education as I have already completed my degree) and I was trying to decide between the following 3 destinations:

-NY

-London

-Paris

The third will obviously mean I have to learn the language.

Your thoughts? Somewhere I didn't mention?

Jmatsu

I am planning on doing a short course abroad in my chosen proffesion (you know what that is) just so it looks good on my resume (not so much for education as I have already completed my degree) and I was trying to decide between the following 3 destinations:

-NY

-London

-Paris

The third will obviously mean I have to learn the language.

Your thoughts? Somewhere I didn't mention?

they all are good for your resume.

i'd like to see you in paris, cause you'd be forced to learn another language (bilingual skills is almost a must now days!), could buy/ship me shit, and beat up that one guy from there i don't like. i think paris would be the most prestigious for your field cause depending on the places you studied in london or NY, some institutions there might not mean shit.

just think, you could say shit like "i studied in paris!"

you could go to italy too, you know?

Do you happen to have a connection with anybody in the gaming industry? (KOEI, altus, etc)

I would really like to start getting in touch with more contacts, since the game industry is where im headed into... But more along the business side of gaming moreso than actually developing them

dear j,

i was discussing this with my girls the other night but couldnt figure out the answer, so we were wondering if you could shed us some insight.

on average, how many times are you supposed to go on dates before you sleep with somebody?

is it really horrible for people to want "just making out" in bed?

why do hamsters have such ginormous balls?

thanks j, i hope you have a lovely day!

you could go to italy too, you know?

Yes, I do... what are your thoughts on that? I have never had much of an interest in Italy, although to be honest I have never had much of an interest in London. Mostly due the fact that so man trashy aussies go there. My friends included. I have no reason for not being interested in Italy.

I was also thinking, after conversing with another member here, to rather just get an internship abroad. This was my plan but I was going to try to slot a course in the middle somewhere - just for another notch on my belt. This conversation was based on studying in NY by the way.

dear j,

i was discussing this with my girls the other night but couldnt figure out the answer, so we were wondering if you could shed us some insight.

on average, how many times are you supposed to go on dates before you sleep with somebody?

is it really horrible for people to want "just making out" in bed?

why do hamsters have such ginormous balls?

thanks j, i hope you have a lovely day!

dear n,

i really don't think it matters. it depends on whether you or your homegirls are comfortable with the situation. i guess it also depends on how you emotionally deal with the aftermath. honestly, i've fucked girls on the first night, who i actually started dating after that..cause i respected them/ thought a relationship was in order. one night stands stay one night stands when there is no mutual respect between both parties, or if you're just out to fuck (this goes for boys and girls).

i don't think just making out in bed is "wrong." i think the reason that it doesn't go much farther then that is because one of the parties is in control, or makes a conscious decision for whatever reason not to take it farther. anyway making out is fun. even if you're just doing it light heartedly, no real harm (kinda like osama-game/yamanotesen-game/etc) if you make out with a teenager/virgin/guy who hasn't dropped a load in ages, it's possible you could cause him blue-balls, but i assume you wouldn't get into bed with that sort.

i never looked at a hamsters balls...they can't be that big, can they? try homi29's advice thread.

Yes, I do... what are your thoughts on that? I have never had much of an interest in Italy, although to be honest I have never had much of an interest in London. Mostly due the fact that so man trashy aussies go there. My friends included. I have no reason for not being interested in Italy.

I was also thinking, after conversing with another member here, to rather just get an internship abroad. This was my plan but I was going to try to slot a course in the middle somewhere - just for another notch on my belt. This conversation was based on studying in NY by the way.

without revealing too much (about you), italy is the standard for production for the fields that we are in. you'll gain mad knowledge about important things. industry contacts galore. i am giving advice purely based on how it would help your career.

paris is pretty much the same and has more to offer in learning shit like couture.

i'd just like to see you learn another language, because of globalization and int'l citizen theory and shit like that of a similar smell.

Do you happen to have a connection with anybody in the gaming industry? (KOEI, altus, etc)

I would really like to start getting in touch with more contacts, since the game industry is where im headed into... But more along the business side of gaming moreso than actually developing them

one of my closest friends did some production for the final fantasy movie. another friend of mine's husband is a programmer for squaresoft.

anyway this isn't the "jmatsu, hook me up with connections thread."

nothing against you in particular, but connections cannot just be given for free (for any industry, not just the gaming one).

they, like other aquired attributes and commodities are to be bought, sold, and what i prefer most, traded. that is natural law.

why don't you just intern at a western gaming otaku magazine or some gaming company? would be a great start.

Jmatsu,

Recommendations for white, short-sleeve, button down shirts? I saw a helmut lang one for 300 US but I get half off 'cause my friend is an employee. Any other suggestions?

get it. helmut lang is a legend. 150 bucks is cheap.

obedient sons has been looking good too me. apc is fine. i mean, you just want a regular white button down, right?

what kind of cut do you want anyways?

sorry to cross reference an inferior thread from the trash but here goes anyway,

Jmats did you like starship troopers because I thought it was a pretty underrated sci-fi movie. (seriously)

also is it fucked up that I used to jack off to the vagina/anus bug??? :confused:

a-bug-6-l.jpg

jack,

i actually liked starship troopers. i think there's gonna b a sequel. if it's being run on basic cable i'll watch it, but the only shitty thing is that they censor that one bitch from the roughneck's titties out in the shower scene and when she gets busy with rico.

it is kinda weird that you jerk it to this pussy-bug, but i've heard of/known people who've actually jerked to much more insane shit. try fucking a girl doggy-style whilst a scene featuring the pussy-bug is on pause. let me know how that affects the orgasm.

Just wondering what my other options are. Looking for a lengthier, and also slim cut but probably gonna get the HL one since small fit me amazing.

Will look into the Obedient Sons one. Pic? Thx for advice.

Also, Fabs outfits look even better in person.

too lazy tonight to find pics. probably pretty easy to find. maybe i will look for it tommorrow.

didn't eric lebon have some s/s 08 short sleeve button ups too? i think i just eyeballed a couple briefly whilst in japland, but looked good to me.