ATTENTION!!! Evisu Evis 2101 - homage to Lee 101 Rider- Mint

Vision-On

Hi there, thought you guys might like to see these jeans, they are very early Japanese Evisu when they were still called Evis around 1989- 1990. Shortly after they got sued by Levis and changed their name to Evisu.

When these jeans were made they were still a relatively small company producing the very best denim possible when they were still totally devoted to quality and tailoring, faithfully reproducing classic American workwear.

At this time, Yamane, the 'Otaku' tailor who started the company, was still directly involved in manufacture from what I can gather.

Jeans are in absolute mint condition - never even tried on, flat and stiff.

* Jeans - Evis Model 2101

* Size - 34x35

* Rivets - Scoville Stylecraft

* Button - Cowboy Doughnut

* Selvedge - Whiteline

* Paint - Lazy 'S'

A similar pair, but not in as good condition, can be seen at http://evis.kwan-pjt.com/evis_pic/2101/index.html

I have uploaded some pictures to Photobucket of my pair: -

th_Evis2101Image28.jpg

th_Evis2101Image21.jpg

th_Evis2101Image17.jpg

th_Evis2101Image16.jpg

th_Evis2101Image13.jpg

th_Evis2101Image8N.jpg

th_Evis2101Image7.jpg

th_Evis2101Image5.jpg

th_Evis2101Image2.jpg

th_Evis2101Image1.jpg

I contacted Evisu about these jeans and this is what they said: -

"The jean looks authentic. It's a 2101 Japanese edition jean based on the Lee 101 Rider Jean. I am familiar with this jean as we once bought it for Selfridges, however only one jean was delivered! The reason for the unusual seagull is that it's based on the Lee lazy S, sort of a homage to a legendary jean. This is the jean that James Dean wore on the film “Giantâ€."

I haven't worn these yet but I reckon they'd be my size after a soak.

I am interested in finding out how much they could really be worth before they become my new project pair!

I would love to wear these into the ground but somehow I think I might be trashing an important chapter in the history of denim if I do so. I would be very interested to hear anyone's thoughts on anything regarding this post especially relating to potential value.

Yeah it's a real nice dilemma to have, but still a dilemma.

A couple of times when I've gotten a bit drunk before going on a night out I've seen it from the "hell it's only a pair of jeans they're meant to be worn" angle and said to my girlfriend "sod it I'm wearing the Evis!" and tried to put them on, but my girlfriend has managed so far to make me see sense. (I've always been glad in the morning)

They're the nicest jeans I've found, and don't ever expect to better this find, and thats what being a denim nut is all about huh?

Especially as I've loved Evisu for years and watched them go downhill, this reminds me what its all about. And I love their take on the Lazy S in paint rather than stitch, kinda the ultimate jean for me.

I actually found them in a vintage clothes dealers eBay shop, he had failed to mark them up with the correct keywords and I was just surfing!

Lets just say I got a bargain.:cool:

thats the best looking lazy S paint job ive seen. most of the time they are just "too lazy" and look like almost a flat straight line. AND its in red, which is cool. I'd start them off as a project pair especially if it was LHT, very unqiue.

As there seems to be some interest in these jeans i've taken some more photos.

th_Evis2101Image23.jpg

th_Evis2101Image18.jpg

th_Evis2101Image15.jpg

th_Evis2101Image6-1.jpg

th_DSC02185.jpg

th_DSC02186.jpg

th_Evis2101Image25.jpg

th_Evis2101Image14.jpg

th_Evis2101Image10.jpg

I actually paid £100 (approx $200 USD) for the jeans, it was the guys eBay reserve, as I stated earlier he hadn't listed them properly and virtually no-one had even looked at them. I don't think he knew quite what he had.

I have a habit of scouring vintage clothes shops and secondhand stores on and offline. This is my best find yet.

I was the only person to bid and would have been willing to pay quite a lot more! :D

Personally, I would sell those for the motherload and then buy myself a nice pair of more modern fitting high end jeans that I fancy with some of the profit

unless the money isnt too big of an issue to you, in which case id probably frame them or hang on to them or something

yeah I wouldn't sell them if you don't need the money, but I also wouldn't wear them..now/in 5/10/20 years time how many pairs will exist in deadstock cond.? Put them in an oak chest, and wear a pirate outfit instead.:cool:

Any ideas on the actual monetary worth of these, if you don't need the cash, don't sell them, but I wouldn't necessarily wear them. If these will fit you in five to ten years time, hang on to them, then roll them out then, at the moment it is easy to find good repo denim, (although not Evis) but this may change in the future...

those jeans is sexihoes

wear em.

i dont find any personal gain out of owning something for the sake of possession

an item is meant to be used, if it is not it should be burnt for fuel.

you have found yourself with a once in a lifetime opportunity

wear soem of the most beautiful jeans on earth

or sit and think about nothing more than the potential that they hold

fuckin wearem!

Hi there, thought you guys might like to see these jeans, they are very early Japanese Evisu when they were still called Evis around 1989- 1990. Shortly after they got sued by Levis and changed their name to Evisu.

I would love to wear these into the ground but somehow I think I might be trashing an important chapter in the history of denim if I do so. I would be very interested to hear anyone's thoughts on anything regarding this post especially relating to potential value.

These may not be as old as the rest of this thread suggests. I've been in Tokyo for a few days and I went to the Evisu Taylor Store in Daikanyama and bought a pair of jeans that look very much like these. They have the same Evis tag inside, look like the same denim and have the same lee cut and batch number. The also have the white-ish label. The jeams come with no-logo -but they will paint one on in the colour you prefer if you have time.I think they will do the lazy S on Lee style jeans.I didn't have time -plus I like the idea of no logo!

So I'm very happy with my purchase -and these are great jeans. In some ways I'm glad to tell you - because I think that means you can wear them.

Cost in the store was a little less than you paid - but you'd still need to get them back from Japan -so I think the price you paid was pretty good if they are the same.

These may not be as old as the rest of this thread suggests. I've been in Tokyo for a few days and I went to the Evisu Taylor Store in Daikanyama and bought a pair of jeans that look very much like these. They have the same Evis tag inside, look like the same denim and have the same lee cut and batch number. The also have the white-ish label. The jeams come with no-logo -but they will paint one on in the colour you prefer if you have time.I think they will do the lazy S on Lee style jeans.I didn't have time -plus I like the idea of no logo!

So I'm very happy with my purchase -and these are great jeans. In some ways I'm glad to tell you - because I think that means you can wear them.

Cost in the store was a little less than you paid - but you'd still need to get them back from Japan -so I think the price you paid was pretty good if they are the same.

but do they have the evis logo or a evisu logo?

I would be interested to see photos of the jean.

If you look at the Evisu.jp website it gives what looks very much like a 'menu' of the available paint jobs

http://www.evisu.jp/contents/products/paint_kamome.html

and

http://www.evisu.jp/contents/products/paint_kanji.html

Can't see a 'Lazy S'.

Evisu UK stated

"The jean looks authentic. It's a 2101 Japanese edition jean based on the Lee 101 Rider Jean. I am familiar with this jean as we once bought it for Selfridges, however only one jean was delivered! The reason for the unusual seagull is that it's based on the Lee lazy S, sort of a homage to a legendary jean. This is the jean that James Dean wore on the film “Giantâ€."

and in fact I've been privately approached by an expert who told me

by 1990 they already produced these jeans, plus various other Wrangler and Lee lookalikes.
and wishes to publish photos in a forthcoming book.

Just for the record I've decided to wear 'em anyway.;)