ATTENTION!!! Evisu Evis 2101 - homage to Lee 101 Rider- Mint

Vision-On

Thanks for the encouragement Cotton. I'm still figuring out how to post multiple pics!

28qxcax.jpg

1zxs1t0.jpg

10dwa4z.jpg

a59rtf.jpg

2qm0k9d.jpg

2v3msn7.jpg

717b75.jpg

68el92.jpg

15zrtoz.jpg

...starting to get it now...I think...:)

I'll post some shots of other Evis and Denime, Pure Blue Japan,Fullcount and others from the 90s in another thread.

This thread reminded me of something else I'd seen recently, a "new release" Evisu jean, designed in tribute to Lee.

Similar to the jeans you've shared with us, these have the "Lazy S" painted arcuate, the same style of waistband label, and a half-warp-lined selvedge.

The "S" is much lazier, and different color, and the selvedge has one warp as opposed to none, but the general design looks similar. I want to buy a pair of these, perhaps sized down.

Take a gander:

_DSC3298-Edit-Edit.jpg

_DSC3277.jpg

_DSC3273.jpg

_DSC3270.jpg

_DSC3265.jpg

_DSC3259.jpg

http://www.evisu.com/blog/2008/08/14/sneak-peak-evisus-tribute-to-lee-lazy-s-slim-jeans/

The denim is Evisu No. 13 LEFT which is the true Left Hand Twill new vintage Selvedge denim woven on shuttle looms in Osaka Japan by Kaiahara. Left Hand Twill denim is named like this for the opposite weave (top left to bottom right) direction of the diagonal lines on the denim instead of the normal right hand style. This denim will also wear down even softer than its right hand equivalent. No. 13 LEFT is green caste indigo, and has mismatched selvedge; one side is plain white and the other side has a single warp thread of indigo woven into it, following the Lee version. Jeans cut from No. 13 LEFT denim have the leather patch sewn on the left side of the waistband.

Right hand twill is the early Levi’s design, but our other favorite Liss liked to use left hand twill for its soft feel and comfortable wearing. Vintage Lee jeans were cut from slightly wider denim than Levi’s, so the leg often shows only one selvedge line, and one side of the overlocking.

The fit is the 0005 Slim fit and the silhouette is inspired from 1960’s Wrangler cowboy jeans. It is similar to 0001, but with a slimmer leg and thigh. Unlike 0001, the 0005 is cut straight over the hips and waist with a higher rise, originally allowing great freedom in the saddle. The snug fit across the seat and hips makes this cut particularly flattering.

Also look out for the celebrated LAZY S pocket writing, which looks a bit like horns of a bull, not a Levi’s eagle or a friendly Evisu seagull. Other Lee inspired details you will find are the Evisu Heritage label on the inside waistband that pays homage to the 1930’s Lee “House” label, showing the factory roof symbolising the fact that Lee overalls were union made. The Evisu Heritage woven label directly references this.

No. 13 LEFT is 14 oz regular and the sanforized denim will shrink about 3-5% after washing. The Evisu Lazy S Slim Jeans will be available for purchase from January 2009.

• 7 months later...

Apologies for bumping up this thread with such a long post, but I thought some of you might be interested in these, picked up very recently on Yahoo Japan...The seller indicated that these were ten years old, at least that's what Google Translate tells me :rolleyes:

Deadstock condition, been after a pair for a while now:

dscf2240.jpg

dscf2228c.jpg

dscf2226.jpg

Pre-soak fit:

dscf2237o.jpg

dscf2238h.jpg

And post-soak, I didn't have the dilemma of whether or not to wear these:

dscf2256e.jpg

dscf2258dam.jpg

dscf2260s.jpg

I'll pop back for updates later, if there's interest... :)

• 2 months later...

somebody's gotta surgically attach those evis to your waist. if it aint pussy, a formal event , or the shower, leave those bitches on! lookin good though, as expected.

Haha does work count as a formal event? Difficult to be taken seriously as a corporate whore whilst wearing denim, although I'd like the chance to give it a go!

I can't restrict myself to just wearing one pair of jeans for months on end, because then whatever else you wear is dictated by the shape and style of the jeans...and you know how I wear them, if I wore one pair only for six months they'd be ruined at the end!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...