To all Nudie lovers!

supernudie

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I,ve got Sugarcanes, eternals, John Bulls, Warehouse, Edwins 5eps etc.... but you know what. The Best cut for me is Nudie RR ans SS. I feel almost guilty that i wear the jeans with the lowest quality denim( No arguments, Nudies denim is inferior). But Nudie do know what looks good and in the end thats all that matters. No point having slubby natural dyed indgo super expensive jeans if they look like shit on you.

Its amazing that there is no Japanese knockoffs of RR or SS. I would be the first in line if a Jap company actually made a cut like the SS.

What the hell is ecru embo? (ecru = color of the thread, embo = embroidery) Anyways, are these new? :/

65z27hftq0.th.jpg

Seems like you kind of answered your own question here but, ecru is the natural colour of cotton, which is beige looking. Since its ecru embo, then that means that the backpocket stitching is a beige coloured. I think the stitching colour is the same as what you see in that picture. Yeah, they are coming out soon, they will be in Australia first, or possibly even exclusively.

Its amazing that there is no Japanese knockoffs of RR or SS. I would be the first in line if a Jap company actually made a cut like the SS.

The DJ501XX (14oz) is loosely based on a 501 and RRDS, D/J said himself he loved the cut of the RR but wanted something with a better quality denim.

Just send him an email in english, I'd say you spend about 2 hours reading his site first with google translator, just get a feel of what hes about. They are really special jeans. I did have a pair BUT they were too big, so I had to sell them. He accepts paypal too btw.

Eh, it might be blasphemy...but I've always had a kind of soft spot for Nudies.

Sure some of their cuts are horrible, the stitching is at times questionable, and the denim per price ratio is whack, but overall...they have a few good cuts and equally as many interesting/unique color and finish options.

The problem you run into is the forums at 'mynudies' etc with people who lack a range of knowledge about other products.

I don't think this is quite right..... I've been a member on both sufu and mynudies for over a year and although mynudies does not have the same depth of knowledge of sufu, it def. has members that know their way around Japanese brands. Well at least to know whats out there. Although I might have a slight bias in my opinion :o