NBA Basketball

hamham3001

the ONLY players deserving MAX contracts in this free agency is Lebron and Wade. Bosh and Johnson are very good but not max players. Stoudamire is CERTAINLY not worth max even though he thinks he is. Teams are gonna overpay for second tier + mediocre players when they cant get Lebron/Wade and end up with a Rashard Lewis

exactly what i was afraid the kings were planning to do. its bad enough they have to overpay to get them to sacramento, but with the way this has started, the kings are standing back, waiting for all the big trees to fall and see whats left. reminds me of how the packers run FA in the nfl and im glad they are doing it this way. no reason to put yourself in cap hell over a player that isnt worth the trouble.

this is real nice

ept_sports_nba_experts-926322447-1278177804.jpg?ymMYQZDDeaNCoa5i

As it turns out, the package James received was from Chicago. And as it turns out, it was the final piece in a week long marketing initiative by the Chicago-based Leo Burnett Worldwide ad agency. From the Chicago Tribune’s Steve Johnson:

“LeBron, the fans of Chicago have a question for you,†reads the two-page ad that ran in Thursday’s Akron Beacon Journal, James’ hometown paper. “Can you cast a shadow this big?â€

The image is of an outline that looks a lot like Michael Jordan’s, in the iconic, ball-in-one-hand pose, spread out over the Chicago cityscape. Dreamed up by sports-loving ad guys at the city’s Leo Burnett agency and paid for by Burnett, it was the culmination of a four-day campaign featuring a fresh challenge each day. […]

So Monday, they sent to his house the classic red, white and black Air Jordans and asked if he could fill those shoes. Tuesday it was a case featuring seven empty ring boxes, representing one more championship than Jordan won here, and the question, “Can you fill these boxes?â€

Wednesday was a mock-up of a Chicago Tribune 10 years hence – still going strong, by the way – and the headline “Sweet Throne, Chicago: With Title No. 7, It’s Officially King James’ Court.â€

I really wonder whether there is any chance of Lebron going to NY. I don't really think that they could beat the Lakers anyway, unless they get one more piece. I wouldn't want Amare on my team, that's for damn sure.

I wish Bosh would sign and trade and go to the Rockets. Dear Raptors, please don't sign David Lee. I know he's white and all, but we really have enough bigs. If you don't sign him, I'll forgive you for not pursuing Haslem, who has been a perfect fit for the Raps for 7 years or so.

Wade will stay in Miami. Good chance Bosh will end up there too, and we'll get Beaseley, and I'll cry.

No matter what Raps aren't winning more than 27 games next season, unless we get Battier and Scola, and then we'll win 30. Being a Toronto sports fan sucks.

is that from the orlando summer league?

Yeah.

I really wonder whether there is any chance of Lebron going to NY. I don't really think that they could beat the Lakers anyway, unless they get one more piece. I wouldn't want Amare on my team, that's for damn sure.

I'm not sure anyone but the Knicks ever thought LeBron would go there. Why would he rush to play with a bunch of scrubs for less money than the Cavs could pay him? New Jersey makes a lot of sense but New York...not so much.

I wish Bosh would sign and trade and go to the Rockets. Dear Raptors, please don't sign David Lee. I know he's white and all, but we really have enough bigs. If you don't sign him, I'll forgive you for not pursuing Haslem, who has been a perfect fit for the Raps for 7 years or so.

Haslem? Maybe a few years ago but if he's not done he's pretty fuckin' close.

Wade will stay in Miami. Good chance Bosh will end up there too, and we'll get Beaseley, and I'll cry.

I'd love Beasley if it were any other roster. He's a definite 'buy-low' guy and as far as talent goes he's got more of it than Bosh (who succeeded because he worked his ass off). But you're right, Beasley and Bargnani would be the worst frontcourt in the NBA defensively. Barney is surprisingly capable on his man in the post but quite possibly the worst team defender in the NBA and Beasley is a close second.

No matter what Raps aren't winning more than 27 games next season, unless we get Battier and Scola, and then we'll win 30. Being a Toronto sports fan sucks.

I don't want either of those players tbh. They're both old and they take up positions we need to develop. Neither of them will take us to the playoffs (they're the kind of guys who'll push us over the edge, not get us there) and I'd much rather see the team give the keys to DeRozan, Weems and Davis. The Raptors are going to suck anyways, I'd rather them be an exciting young team who sucks as they develop their players. It worked for the Hawks (up until they hilaaaaaaaaariously over-paid JJ) and it's working for the Thunder.

Yeah.

I'm not sure anyone but the Knicks ever thought LeBron would go there. Why would he rush to play with a bunch of scrubs for less money than the Cavs could pay him? New Jersey makes a lot of sense but New York...not so much.

Why would NJ make sense? Their team barely won 12 games under 1 good playoffs/1 okay coach, and the Brooklyn stadium which will take 3 years supposedly to complete isnt even going to begin construction until they finish ejecting thousands of people from their homes. So bron is gonna be content to play in Newark for 3 years then move to Brooklyn to open arms of the people "he" ejected from their homes.

Why would NJ make sense? Their team barely won 12 games under 1 good playoffs/1 okay coach, and the Brooklyn stadium which will take 3 years supposedly to complete isnt even going to begin construction until they finish ejecting thousands of people from their homes. So bron is gonna be content to play in Newark for 3 years then move to Brooklyn to open arms of the people "he" ejected from their homes.

New Jersey makes sense because they've got better ownership than New Jersey and better talent and prospects. Brook Lopez is quite possibly a future all-star (and a legit one, unlike David Lee), Devin Harris is a strong defender who can penetrate and someone whose sub-par passing would be negated with James' presence. Terrence Williams is an uber-athlete utility player who can do everything but shoot and Courtney Lee is a great combo-guard who can nail threes and lock guys down on the perimetre. Add in Derrick Favours and you've got one hell of a young core

Then look at the Knicks, who, up until tonight, have had Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Tony Douglas and Eddy fucking Curry as the core trying to lure James to the Big Apple.

And do you think playing in Newark actually matters? The guy lives in Akron. If it really is 'market' then he's still basically in New York and were he to join a team with the superior talent, coaching and ownership he could be in said 'big market' without having to share catering and limousines with Eddy Curry.

Even when you factor in Amar'''''''''''''''e, NJ still makes more sense.

Scola is only 30, Battier 32, and they are players that will probably age pretty well, while taking Toronto seriously. The biggest problem we have, in my opinion, is that a lot of players just don't want to move to Canada. And if they do come, they just don't give a fuck. Look at the O'neal-Marion-Hedo cycle. I mean, taking any of those players was dumb, in hindsight, but all of them shared the "I don't give a fuck" attitude problem. It seems like today in the NBA, managing personalities and team chemistry is the secret to success.

Or maybe it's just not making shitty trades and missing opportunities as a GM. *shurgs*

And you are right, I'd most of all like to see the Raps rebuild from scratch, and maybe see if the Magic would take back Hedo.

The biggest problem is Bryan Colangelo is always in such a fucking rush, he does everything he can as soon as the signing period starts and then takes the rest of the summer off. The best deals come late in free agency but he's always keen on getting shit done by mid-July.

New Jersey makes sense because they've got better ownership than New Jersey and better talent and prospects. Brook Lopez is quite possibly a future all-star (and a legit one, unlike David Lee), Devin Harris is a strong defender who can penetrate and someone whose sub-par passing would be negated with James' presence. Terrence Williams is an uber-athlete utility player who can do everything but shoot and Courtney Lee is a great combo-guard who can nail threes and lock guys down on the perimetre. Add in Derrick Favours and you've got one hell of a young core

Then look at the Knicks, who, up until tonight, have had Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Tony Douglas and Eddy fucking Curry as the core trying to lure James to the Big Apple.

And do you think playing in Newark actually matters? The guy lives in Akron. If it really is 'market' then he's still basically in New York and were he to join a team with the superior talent, coaching and ownership he could be in said 'big market' without having to share catering and limousines with Eddy Curry.

Even when you factor in Amar'''''''''''''''e, NJ still makes more sense.

Eddy Curry is an expiring, its an asset at the end of the day. Favors has potential but he hasnt played a game in the NBA yet. Devin Harris is so overrated but he's the Nets best guard, so is Lopez his PER is actually much lower than David Lee's a PF playing out of position at C. Terrance Willams' PER is much lower than Wilson Chandlers.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Efficiency.jsp?league=00&season=22009&conf=OVERALL&position=1&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=All%20Teams

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Efficiency.jsp?league=00&season=22009&conf=east&position=5&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=All%20Teams

Avery Johnson hasnt shown that he can run an offense other than ISO.

Playing in NJ does make a difference when the Nets were a playoff team for years, 2 finals appearances yet was one of the teams with the lowest attendances in the NBA. Name another team that had 1 dollar tickets during the playoffs, promotions such as tickets for 4 to 3 games against the lakers, heat, cavs with dinner, transportation from manhattan, autographed vince carter jersies for 100 bucks. Attendance will be high if Lebron signs with NJ at first but it will dwindle down just like it did when Kidd, Carter played in NJ. At the end of the day they still won 12 games under lawrence frank who is much better than Avery Johnson, and kiki.

Real talk. I never understood how NJ was a bigger player than NY. I could see Melo coming to NY in 2011, given him not asking for a sign-and-trade. That would be melo, stat, and bron (if he came) along with decent players in gallo and chandler, and probably a bit of cash left over to get a real fucking point guard and get rid of douglas. 2011 line up could've been something like Felton/Douglas/FA at PG, Chandler/Draft pick at SG, Lebron/Gallo at SF, Melo/Gallo at PF, and Stat/FA at C. Dunno if they'd have money for a decent bench though.

Don't see Lebron leaving Cleveland though. Not because of the money, but because I feel like he wants to establish his own dynasty, and he already has a head start there. I don't even wanna see him come to NY because of the increased hype/expensive ticket prices that'll be behind it

ny_g_amaregallery10_800.jpg

amar'e rocks the douchey airport traveler hip clip? thank god the knicks haven't signed anything yet and can still back out...

only someone from sufu would knock on a franchise player for cell phone case placement ahahah

And whetzell correctly pointed out: “If he is doing it on television he is obviously going to return to the Cavs.â€

100% right. This announcement probably just crushed any hopes for Chicago, NY and Miami…right? I mean, if he’s choosing to crush the sports hopes of his hometown, he doesn’t do that on national television, right?