NBA Basketball

hamham3001

And whetzell correctly pointed out: “If he is doing it on television he is obviously going to return to the Cavs.â€

100% right. This announcement probably just crushed any hopes for Chicago, NY and Miami…right? I mean, if he’s choosing to crush the sports hopes of his hometown, he doesn’t do that on national television, right?

Lebron likes the dramatics. Instead of just outright signing a 6 year extension, let me do a one hour special then announce my intensions

a little disappointing to hear bosh and wade to miami. was hoping for more players switching teams

edit: if lebron goes to the heat then this whole ordeal is worth it. dont care for the heat, wont root for lebron, but if wade/lebron is anything like the dallas all star game, it will be a fun couple seasons to watch

are these bosh to miami reports for real now? I hope they're not all based off that misinterpreted tweet by ric bucher the other day.

EDIT:

bosh just tweeted this: "What's all the fuss about this morning? I woke up to a ton of emails, texts and missed calls. "

Enjoy playing for 11,000 fans a game, Bosh.

If Toronto can't work something out with Miami (hopefully a TPE), this means Colangelo essentially gave Bosh away for free. In fact, he essentially paid Miami a first round pick to take him. What an idiot.

Do you think there is any chance of Lebron going to Miami? I don't, but I could be wrong I guess. That would certainly be a twist. There is a chance, but I don't see it. NY is more likely but, I think he'll stay in Cleveland still.

It's too bad Colangelo sucks, because this is a great opportunity to start over.

"Phoenix Suns forward Jared Dudley is the former teammate Ama’re Stoudamire, who just joined the Knicks on Tuesday.

Dudley told TMZ in a phone interview that James, 25, will join Stoudamire on the Knicks when James holds court on ESPN on Thursday night.

Dudley said that James has told the Knicks about his decision.

James will also reportedly announce his decision at a Boys and Girls Club in Greenwich , Conn., which is close to ESPN’s studios and to Manhattan." - TMZ

It IS according to TMZ, so it might just be gossip. There is a recorded phone interview with Dudley on TMZ's website, seen Here.

only someone from sufu would knock on a franchise player for cell phone case placement ahahah

seriously?

anyhow-

if lebron does go to the knicks they will have more muscle in the front court than most entire teams. somewhat terrifying, but unless they get some serious help they aren't going to be a serious playoff threat, let alone a championship contender...

it'll also be one more reason for brooklyn to hate manhattan, which would be alright.

also: who do you have to fuck to get a max deal in okc? 86 over five seasons = durant being way too nice a guy...

it'll also be one more reason for brooklyn to hate manhattan, which would be alright.

Most people who grew up in Brooklyn will still root for the Knicks. Not the team kicking people out of their homes ia eminent domain and offering people shitty 500k buyouts for their 1.1 million dollar brownstones in order to build a crappy barclays arena.

Most people who grew up in Brooklyn will still root for the Knicks. Not the team kicking people out of their homes ia eminent domain and offering people shitty 500k buyouts for their 1.1 million dollar brownstones in order to build a crappy barclays arena.

True, but don't you think people would start forgetting that shit pretty quickly if the nets start winning games in brooklyn?

I doubt he'd sign with the Heat, considering offering all three of those guys a decent contract would leave so little headroom for a supporting cast, which they really need.

My thinking is that since the cat got out of the bag, people are "sourcing" the idea of a super team because it sounds so daring, so people look away from the NYK connection.

Dah well, we'll just find out tomorrow I guess.

at 500k for a minimum salary player, the Heat dont even have enough left over to fill their team with D-Leaguers if they get Lebron. not sure how thats going to work

If they renounce Haslem that still only leaves them with $13,170,035. If they can get rid of Beasley for nothing (which I still think is idiotic) they'll have more like $17M, but without Beasley they'd have to fill 9 roster slots with that money. Sign Lebron and you've got a million to spread between 8 players.