NBA Basketball

hamham3001

Rose has the jumper. This is what has allowed him to make the move to that next level of NBA stardom. It's also what has separated him from some other NBA guards -- like Rondo -- who have failed to address deficiencies in their games. Yesterday was wild, and fun as hell as a Bulls fan. Rose is never demonstrative on the court after he embarrasses a player or team, but it was plain to see that he was getting off on performing on this new stage. I know he played well a couple years ago in the Celtics series that went 7, but this year is so different because the pressure is on. Expectations are so damned high here, and have been since about mid-season.

There were definitely plenty of bad calls both directions.

I assume you are mostly talking about Dirk getting to the line so much in the second half. But he was also getting fouled in the first half and didn't get any calls at all. Definitely inconsistent, but balances out.

If I were you, I would worry more about your team being so overhyped/rated than about the NBA's consistently inconsistent calls.

Or even more worried about what happens when we get LaMarcus in foul trouble.

Mavs in 5.

get the fuck outta here

what was witnessed was some ridiculous texas sized nepotistic bullshit refereeing.

19 to 2 FTA in the 4th quarter....19 TO 2

fuck dallas, fuck cuban, fuck dirk, and fuck texas as a state

There were definitely plenty of bad calls both directions.

I assume you are mostly talking about Dirk getting to the line so much in the second half. But he was also getting fouled in the first half and didn't get any calls at all. Definitely inconsistent, but balances out.

If I were you, I would worry more about your team being so overhyped/rated than about the NBA's consistently inconsistent calls.

Or even more worried about what happens when we get LaMarcus in foul trouble.

Mavs in 5.

Pardon me if I'm not worried. Gerald Wallace had one if his worst games of the season (and still banged on some folks) which is not going to keep happening. Kidd had far and away his best game of the season, which he won't be able to keep up. Wesley got in foul trouble early because he was under the impression that the playoffs had started while the refs seemed geared up for a rousing middle school game.

There were absolutely bad calls both ways, the difference is that a lot of the bad calls against the Blazers weren't just questionable, they were completely bogus. On back to back possessions guys were getting called for fouls that weren't even close to actually occurring. Also, dirk traveled more than my retired grandma and got called for it how many times? Maybe once?

That game was a joke.

^ oh I knew about that, but you made it sound like it was already a fact. I am ok with hornets coming through with CP3

sucks that we have to wait for another 2 weeks to see what's going on. I have a feeling they might stay, but i have no idea what the maloofs will do. People are just hating on the maloofs.

get the fuck outta here

what was witnessed was some ridiculous texas sized nepotistic bullshit refereeing.

19 to 2 FTA in the 4th quarter....19 TO 2

fuck dallas, fuck cuban, fuck dirk, and fuck texas as a state

Yeah, Portland also went 2-16 from the three point line. They weren't being aggressive. They play scrappy defense and dirk started attacking way more in the 4th.

Did we get some calls? Sure. That's called home court advantage, fool.

The Mavs have suffered way more at the hands of NBA officials than most teams in recent history, not that that should have anything to do with calls now.

I like the Blazers, but I'm already annoyed by the crying of bandwagon fans (not saying you are, necessarily) who don't know basketball well enough to understand that their team has been way overhyped.

In any case, keep crying and watch some basketball.

Dallas got lucky facing the Blazers though, who are the only part of the latter half of seeds on the westcoast that were arguably overrated. I actually think they would be more likely to lose to N'Orleans (who beat them pretty handily through the season, if I recall correctly).

Ray Allen will forever be amazing to watch. Knicks fell apart hard.

Gotta agree 4th quarter officiating for the Mavs/Blazers game was a joke. I thought the Blazers played Dirk straight up.

I also wouldn't say Portland wasn't being aggressive, they just missed some pretty key shots down the stretch (that I'd imagine them to hit, normally). Still, 8f Portland can pull one off in Dallas, the series will be very interesting.

Also, so many no shows today:

Pau? Tony Parker? Duncan's entire second half? Virtually every Knick but Amare in the second half?

^ oh I knew about that, but you made it sound like it was already a fact. I am ok with hornets coming through with CP3

sucks that we have to wait for another 2 weeks to see what's going on. I have a feeling they might stay, but i have no idea what the maloofs will do. People are just hating on the maloofs.

cp3 is a FA next year...hes already talking about leaving.

maloofs are terrible businessmen. they sold their liquor business which was the main source of their wealth, have huge amounts of debt, arent majority owners of the palms anymore, i hope they go bankrupt.

I also wouldn't say Portland wasn't being aggressive, they just missed some pretty key shots down the stretch (that I'd imagine them to hit, normally). Still, 8f Portland can pull one off in Dallas, the series will be very interesting.

I meant to talk about this before too: I think a lot of the "lack of aggressiveness" came from them being punished for it all game. They were playing some gritty defense early on only to get a few clean blocks called as fouls, getting called for ticky tack holding fouls etc etc.

They weren't as aggressive as they could've been, but I don't think it was because they didnt' want to, they just knew they weren't going to get the calls.

also:

hoo fuck cp3 was magic today. I was watching the fourth quarter while i was at a restaurant and I was the asshole who spilled water all over the place when I convulsed after that shot over Fisher...

Its really annoying when only one team in a game is allowed to play gritty physical defense. NBA teams should hire private detectives to scout these refs and see if they're calling games close to earn some good cash.

Its really annoying when only one team in a game is allowed to play gritty physical defense. NBA teams should hire private detectives to scout these refs and see if they're calling games close to earn some good cash.

it's funny because Dallas is the closest to actually being on the short end of some confirmed shady-ass officiating these days.

i think they already make a lot with their current salary lol

The Mavs have suffered way more at the hands of NBA officials than most teams in recent history, not that that should have anything to do with calls now.

it's funny because Dallas is the closest to actually being on the short end of some confirmed shady-ass officiating these days.

Lol @ trying to justify bad officiating with some arbitrary claim that your team got it the worst. How'd you even go about measuring that? The most time spent in recent playoffs without a title?