NBA Basketball

hamham3001

• 2 weeks later...

this is ridiculous.

specifically:

Referees have been instructed to call a technical for:

-Players making aggressive gestures, such as air punches, anywhere on the court.

-Excessive inquiries about a call, even in a civilized tone.

it's even more frustrating because of what's not included: calling techs for overt flopping. I am waaaay more annoyed by jackasses flopping around like bitches than whining like bitches.

Yeah, I thought I heard something about that too. But the problem with just fining them is that if the game is on the line most guys have no problem paying a retroactive fine (especially if the team is most likely paying it anyhow.) If there was actually a game-based incentive to cut that shit out players would have to pay attention.

It'd also be next to impossible to enforce. Players have to flop to a certain extent, just because there's so much contact and they're all such big dudes, and it'd be next to impossible to distinguish 'legitimate' flops from exaggerated ones. I mean, it's easy to see but hard to quantify.

I suppose. I mean, I don't actually have a problem with guys selling the contact if it actually occurred. I mean, if a guy hits your hand go ahead and flail your arm to make it obvious. It's really the phantom contact that kills the game.

Maybe they could institute a challenge system like football. Within the last five minutes of a game the team called for the foul has one or two chances to challenge the foul call and make the refs look at the replay. If the call stands, so be it, if it's reversed they could simply call the foul on the other team, no need to even fine them.

Apparently Melo has approved going to the Nets. I understand why he wants to leave the Nuggets but I'm not sure how this is better, especially if Jordan Farmar really is the only point guard left on the roster. Unless New Jersey was able to get DJ Augustine from the Bobcats, they're looking like this:

Jordan Farmar

Terrence Williams/Anthony Morrow

Carmelo Anthony/Travis Outlaw

Troy Murphy/Kris Humphries

Brook Lopez/Johan Petro/Brian Zoubek

They make the playoffs, sure, but do they win more than 41 games? Even with Augustine I'm not sure they pass 45. T-Will and Lopez are great pieces, and Murphy works, too, but they wont' do anything without a point guard. They should have gone after Livingston instead of Augustine.

I'm looking forward to more 20 dollar family deals(includes transportation from/to manhattan, 4 tickets, 4 extra value meals from mcds, 4 popcorns, 4 sodas, autographed melo jersey) for nets tickets if melo goes there and 1 dollar playoff tickets.

is there a list of all the players youd be able to use for blacktop type games?

been waiting to use kemp

@ lando/lint - hit me up on xbox live!

@ dom - I haven't heard/seen any vids on blacktop yet. But I assume you would be able to use anyone. In years past you were able to select guys off of the 50's, 60's, 70's, etc teams so I don't see why they wouldn't let you pick guys off the classic teams.

is gonna be a prob in the paint...

One (if not the main) thing i'm concerned about is the multiplayer (online) mode. Hopefully that ish works! Last year was a nightmare...

is there a list of all the players youd be able to use for blacktop type games?

been waiting to use kemp

i should prolly put this in the video game thread but since its related to bball and your question it works right?

dom here is a vid of blacktop...shawn kemp's not in the vid tho...

qaug5xtMmR8

Given that 2k has Jordan's from different era's there could possibly be a video game version of this vid:

IpfzaqIuR34

Man I'm ready for this game!!!!