NBA Basketball

hamham3001

excellent opening night games... shannon brown really improved his shooting stroke during the summer... i still see lakers having a problem with their backcourt w/ bynum out.. and only have caracter and theo backing up odom and gasol...

glad to see kevin martin lighting it up again...

lol @ heats.. isolation on every trip..

He coasts a lot because he's really talented but can't be bothered a lot of the time.

This. As a Laker fan I can tell you that when he's on his game and actually plays the game, he's great and can put up all-star caliber numbers. He only plays like this 20-30% of the entire season tho. The rest of the time he loafs around.

On a related note, TNT shits on my rare moments of Odom satisfaction with a great play by following up with shots of Khloe Kardashian bouncing around. Is that shit necessary?

am I the only one who thinks odom is overrated?

du gets outhustled so often, rarely boxes out, plays average if not below average defense, and he's even worse in the clutch

granted I don't watch too many laker games but still, I can't be the only one right?

Don't think he gets enough attention. Sure he got some minor adoration during/after FIBA, but aside from that he's never really mentioned. I actually like him for his hustle, and the fact hat he always does the dirty work. No one really boxes out in the lakers, his defense is pretty suspect, and have rarely seen him pull off clutch shots.

His ability to constantly grab rebounds, get put-backs, distribute the ball, all make him worthy of the little praise he gets.

Oh, and am I wrong to think that the Heat could be successful by playing a little more selfishly? Felt like they tried a little TOO hard to play "team-ball", passing excessively, without anyone really cutting or screening. Couldn't Lebron just take over for 2 quarters, wade for 2, and bosh contribute here and there?

Don't think he gets enough attention. Sure he got some minor adoration during/after FIBA, but aside from that he's never really mentioned. I actually like him for his hustle, and the fact hat he always does the dirty work. No one really boxes out in the lakers, his defense is pretty suspect, and have rarely seen him pull off clutch shots.

His ability to constantly grab rebounds, get put-backs, distribute the ball, all make him worthy of the little praise he gets.

Oh, and am I wrong to think that the Heat could be successful by playing a little more selfishly? Felt like they tried a little TOO hard to play "team-ball", passing excessively, without anyone really cutting or screening. Couldn't Lebron just take over for 2 quarters, wade for 2, and bosh contribute here and there?

This is not NBA 2k11.

That won't work..

This is not NBA 2k11.

That won't work..

It won't work like it didn't work for Lebron in Cleveland? And how is didn't work for Wade in Miami? And how it didn't work for Bosh in Toronto?

I'm a relatively new fan of basketball, but can you explain how it wouldn't work? After I posted my previous comment, I went on nba.com and listened to the post-game interviews. James stated "we can't play too unselfish, we still need to play our own game."

On the court it might work.

But like you said, they have been playing a one man team style for almost their whole careers (exception of Wade when he won with Shaq)

EGO is the biggest thing. Sure, they say they can play.. but ego's will clash. Bosh seems like he does not mind but Wade and Bron could clash eventually.

Also.. they really need Mike Miller.

It won't work like it didn't work for Lebron in Cleveland? And how is didn't work for Wade in Miami? And how it didn't work for Bosh in Toronto?

'm a relatively new fan of basketball, but can you explain how it wouldn't work? After I posted my previous comment, I went on nba.com and listened to the post-game interviews. James stated "we can't play too unselfish, we still need to play our own game."

Easy answer? It's Boston. It'd be a completely different story if it were a team like the Timberwolves or the Nets. They may have been able to do it when they were on they were alone on their respective teams, but much of their play was based around them. It's much different to have those same three all play for the same team and get their own.

Boston is one of the tightest defenses in the NBA. Regardless of Lebron or Wade attempting to take over for quarter or two, they could not keep up individually with an elite team all by themselves.

As for that response, it's just an answer to get out of the question. There was no "game" that worked. When they tried to share the ball they would overpass or have problems with court spacing. When the stars isolated and attempted to take over the play, they'd take horrible shots or passes. For tonight, the truth is that they just played a better, more cohesive team.

heat need to stop playing a half court game and need to speed it up to be successful. the heat dont have enough shooters to setup up half court plays every time down.

celtics made the heat play their game

wtf u talking bout

go lakers

fuck miami