NBA Basketball

hamham3001

I think he's a ball-hog, in spite of his assist numbers. Part of that is a result of Nate McMillan being inept at running an offence, but all Roy does is ISO for 20 seconds and either drop off to someone for a bailout or score on his own. He complains a lot, too. First he complains when they sign Miller, who's infinitely better at running an offence than he is, and then last week he cries to the media again saying he wants the ball more.

I just hate his game. He's a smart player who insists on trying to make hero plays. He's ridiculously clutch, and he can put the team on his back, but the Blazers are much better when Roy's not ball-hogging for the entire shot clock. I'm sure it would be different with a coach who ran actual plays and installed an offence though. He's an okay passer, solid rebounder and a great defender but I absolutely hate the way he dominates the ball.

I think he's a ball-hog, in spite of his assist numbers. Part of that is a result of Nate McMillan being inept at running an offence, but all Roy does is ISO for 20 seconds and either drop off to someone for a bailout or score on his own. He complains a lot, too. First he complains when they sign Miller, who's infinitely better at running an offence than he is, and then last week he cries to the media again saying he wants the ball more.

I just hate his game. He's a smart player who insists on trying to make hero plays. He's ridiculously clutch, and he can put the team on his back, but the Blazers are much better when Roy's not ball-hogging for the entire shot clock. I'm sure it would be different with a coach who ran actual plays and installed an offence though. He's an okay passer, solid rebounder and a great defender but I absolutely hate the way he dominates the ball.

I don't disagree about the blazers playing better ball in general when they dont run the offense through him, but have you watched their first two games? Aside from a few plays here and there and the end of the 4th they are running the offense through andre, or even wesley. Roy is becoming incrementally better at moving away from the ball, and is moving the ball better when he does have it. His assist numbers don't even show that improvement. He's not just making the final pass, he's making the pass before that, when normally he would've just let the double come and passed out, or taken a guy iso, he's doing less of exactly what you don't like about him.

That said, in clutch situations and in general at the end of games there's no one else I'd rather have handling the ball than him. He may not protect the ball as well as miller, but he passes well when he needs to and can obviously get his own shot when he feels like it.

As for Nate, I think this is a make or break season for him. And it's not going to hinge on offense. For all the times that the blazers' offense looked stagnant or confused last year it wasn't what lost them games. Their defense was middling, especially late in games. If these first two games are any indication they've actually learned a thing or two over the summer. Short version: nate's not trying to stake his claim on being an offensive guy, he wants to play lockdown D, since he knows thats what's going to win them games when it matters.

oh, and roy's not a whiner, have you actually listened to his comments about wanting the ball more? That's what it sounds like when you ask a 26 year old guy to shoulder a franchise and demand that he be both humble and in charge at the same time.

i was at this game last night. Clippers offense looked better with Foye at PG. Kaman and BD were pretty awful. Griffin looked amazing in the 1st half though. Crowd was going crazy for him

BD needs to seriously pick up his game or retire... This Clippers team has potential without him messing it up/taking dumb 3's

Griffins a beast, Gordon picked up his game wit FIBA and played really well, and Kaman can hold his own long as Griffin is there to balance it out... He had glimpses of good ball in the portland game, that dunk +one was a nice move

Gonna be a decent year for clipper nation.................................... hopefully

BD needs to seriously pick up his game or retire... This Clippers team has potential without him messing it up/taking dumb 3's

Griffins a beast, Gordon picked up his game wit FIBA and played really well, and Kaman can hold his own long as Griffin is there to balance it out... He had glimpses of good ball in the portland game, that dunk +one was a nice move

Gonna be a decent year for clipper nation.................................... hopefully

yikes

k1wX5HBy4i0