NBA Basketball

hamham3001

doesnt seem to make a lot of sense for the suns hedo and then josh childress. isnt that a instant logjam at sf?

With the way the Suns play it could work. They can go small and run Hedo at the four every now and again (like they do with Hill) and they can occasionally put Childress at the 2.

Still, you're right. Turk/Childress/Hill/Dudley and all four are rotation players.

re: hedo

First:

JohnnyDramaVictory.jpg

It makes sense for the Suns because Hedo can take some of the ball handling duties away from Nash, allowing them to give Nash more rest. It also opens up the option of making Nash a spot up shooter when they're on the floor together, which is good considering Nash is probably the best shooter on the Suns.

Update: Diaw too!

ehhh, why not:

diawbarbosa.jpg

While it's true that Nash is the best shooter, %-wise, it's also true that he's at his best when he's not taking a lot of shots. Running the offense through him is obviously ideal, running it for him is going to be a disaster if that's what they do.

I honestly think that Nash is too smart to let them though. My prediction: stevie and robin lopez get to know each other a lot better before the season starts.

Holy shit, Colangelo did it.

He turned Hedo Turkoglu into Barbosa and Calderon and Evans into Diaw and Chandler. If all else fails, Chandler has one year left, Barbosa has one (two if he uses his option) and Diaw's still cheaper than Turk and Calderon. But it can work, too. Diaw has the potential to be a solid defender (if he's not fat) and he can pass and rebound as well as play multiple positions. If Chandler's ankle holds up he's one of the best defenders in the NBA (and it means Bargnani is no longer force to play Center!). Best of all it gets rid of Reggie Evans (Joey Dorsey is the same player, only more athletic, longer and a better defender without the urge to take awful fade-away falling layups).

He took on more salary short term but got rid of two supposedly unmoveable contracts for three solid players. Not only that, it means that he doesn't have to "rebuild" in his last year under contract but he's also not crippling us financially.

Jack/Barbosa/Banks

DeRozan/Weems/Barbosa

Diaw/Kleiza

Bargnani/Johnson/Ed Davis

Chandler/Bargnani/Dorsey

I'm not sure there's a faster bench in the NBA. The Brazilian Blur with Sonny Weems (ran one of the fastest combine sprints in NBA history) and Amir Johnson (a former track star).

It's maybe a best case scenario, especially in the long run, but if they win more than 30-35 games I'll be surprised.

The point for me is that he's saving us money and not crippling our future when he leaves. It was a lottery team with Jose and Hedo, but instead of Hedo for another four years and Jose for another three we've got Diaw for two, Chandler for one and Diaw for two. Plus Reggie Evans is useless and he's gone.

lebron is leaving his fiance of 7 years (never even got her a ring) and her kids are all upset, because he did it on national tv instead of in private

...and getting engaged/proposing to his new chick (miami)...

just a smack in the face to his old joint (Cleveland)

also, i didn't see it mentioned (so if it was, my bad)

but me being the accountant that I am i looked into it a bit and I found it hilarious when i heard Bosh and LeBron are "taking pay cuts"

THERE'S NO TAX IN FLORIDA

So whatever GROSS paycut he takes won't mean shit after taxes are taken into effect, because NET, he's actually making more in Miami

http://www.ethiopianreview.com/news/201001/?p=314970

i've been saying the same thing...thanks for the link.

i like derozan but toronto is the worst team in their division.
uh, New Jersey? New York? And Muggsy? Really?

Watching this Kings/Pistons SL game. Cousins looks good. Beautiful fade-away on the block (finishes the And-1) and then a nice drop-off to Casspi. Whiteside is blocking everything.

Watching this Kings/Pistons SL game. Cousins looks good. Beautiful fade-away on the block (finishes the And-1) and then a nice drop-off to Casspi. Whiteside is blocking everything.

excited to see the Kings D might actually alter some shots this year esp with Whiteside and Dalembert. Best part of Cousin's first game was the nice FT form. nice to see a big man with some FT touch.

things are slowly looking up for the Kings.

uh, New Jersey? New York? And Muggsy? Really?

i was kidding about muggsy.

new jersey and toronto is a push, but i think nj has a better team (harris, lopez, favors). NO QUESTION the NYK have a better team than TO.

amare, turiaf, gallo, felton, randolph. dantoni has the pieces to run his system, and an inside presence

The Knicks are going to make the playoffs this season with this new look team and d'antoni's system. I expect felton to have a breakout year and look really good leading the way.At least on paper, New Jersey is a better team than toronto. Its unfortunate for them that they exited free agency with nothing but a good backup point guard, but moves may still be coming.

Teams that are definitely going to make the playoffs in the East:

Heat, Magic, Celts, Bucks, Bulls, Hawks, and probably the Bobcats. I don't see NY or NJ knocking any of these teams out of the running. So they'll be competing for the eighth spot against one another, as well with Philly and Toronto.

I don't see NJ being that much better than they were last year. I mean, have they really added enough pieces to win 30 more games? That's what it would take for them to make the playoffs. Philly is always meh. Ny will probably take it, though they'll still get swept by the Magic/Heat. They aren't that much better, and I wouldn't trust Amare to lead you very far. If the Knicks get Melo, well then things get interesting, that's for sure.

EDIT: I just remembered that the Bobcats just traded Diaw and Chandler to the Raps for Caulderon and Evans, so they are no longer guaranteed to make the playoffs imo.

cousins+whiteside looking good so far

yes sir

whiteside was +25 when he was in. love that even though its only summer league. still raw as hell on offense but thats ok. evans hogs the ball anyway

No chance the Bobcats make the playoffs, especially since they just traded for Dampier and Najera. Their lineup is packed with PFs and Cs. Nazr, tyrus, diop, the other C, and the two new guys. Augustin and steven jackson are the only 1/2 guys on their roster atm.

I can see NY/NJ go 7/8 if NJ makes a couple of moves.

I mean, what makes a bad GM (to answer my own question?). Is it someone who maintains a crappy state, or who misses opportunities. The Suns, The Bulls, and The Pistons in my opinion have missed more opportunities in the last decade than anyone else, but then you have teams like the Clippers and the Grizzlies who are consistently pathetic. Those three teams I mentioned have at least made the playoffs (The Pistons even won), but have also prevented themselves for achieving or retaining greatness.