NBA Basketball

hamham3001

even veterans minimums are more than the league minimum. vet minimums are contingent on the # of years in the league. they would need to fill the roster with rookies.

shaq wants the mid-level exception and rumor has it he likes the spurs.

love it

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

im trying to find a source to confirm the miller signing but i dont see anything anywhere yet

on another not the last team of hired assassins didnt do too well. granted malone and payton were at the end of their careers

tumblr_l59pvkdduX1qzb7vjo1_500.jpg

im trying to find a source to confirm the miller signing but i dont see anything anywhere yet

on another not the last team of hired assassins didnt do too well. granted malone and payton were at the end of their careers

this came to mind, but honestly look at the pistons roster at that time.

Chauncey in his prime

Rip in his prime

Tayshaun in his prime

Ben Wallace... playing well enough

Rasheed still playing solid

that pistons team was incredible. rick fox was always the weak link for that laker team IMO... but that's another story. Malone was battered (and GP wasn't healthy either), which you stated... but man the potential that team had.

on the whole bosh/lebron/wade deal. it will be "entertaining" to watch, but as many people have stated: what's going to happen in the playoffs?

honestly, who can guard Rondo? who can battle with the big baby/perkins combo or dwight? chris bosh is solid, but i'm not completely sold yet.

i'm expecting a lot of defenses to clog the paint though. so much slashing/driving

I honestly don't think it is that big of a cowardice move. He gave the Cav's 7 years and within that time they never brought a player that could back him up. I think what people are more disappointed in him is that he chose Miami.

Honestly, Lebron put Cleveland on the map before him no one gave a fuck about that city except Drew Carey!

I honestly don't think it is that big of a cowardice move. He gave the Cav's 7 years and within that time they never brought a player that could back him up. I think what people are more disappointed in him is that he chose Miami.

Honestly, Lebron put Cleveland on the map before him no one gave a fuck about that city except Drew Carey!

didnt lebron give the ok for most of the moves that were made during his time. i dont think the front office made any made moves without consulting lebron first.

its bullshit how people say lebron didnt/never had help. the guy had some of the top 3-pt shooters on his team, an all star PG and PF, second team all-NBA defense (Varejao), and the deepest big man group by far (Z, jj, powe, shaq, varejao, jamison)

ze king abandoned his kingdom cause delonte west smashed on his mother

as a toronto fan and resident i am profoundly disappointed to see bosh gone

while i agree with this, i'm not surprised

Plus, while Bosh is an all star and a consistent leader, he is not enough to hold a team on his shoulders

and he doesn't have the supporting staff in the Raps to be in contention.

its a hard hit to take, but now lets work on getting rid of that fuck Turk and start anew

60+ wins in the reg season = team is great, they're winning it all

bounced from the finals = lebron's team sucks

Other than pippen, most of jordan's teammates were scrubs like kukoc, kerr, ron harper, luc longley, bison dele, only shooter above 35% was kerr and they played against teams that beat you down in the paint like the pistons, knicks, hard fouls were just regular fouls, and handchecking was allowed.

I know stats dont tell the whole picture, but lebron's teams playoff stats were actually slightly similar if not better than Jordan's team's last ring.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1998.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2010.html

lebrons got some tiger woods in him...not many places better than MIA to be young and a mega millionaire. south beach here he comes!

no income tax

cheap housing

hot latina chicks that actually work out

best cocaine from cuba

didnt lebron give the ok for most of the moves that were made during his time. i dont think the front office made any made moves without consulting lebron first.

not an excuse, they are still the front office and hes still just a player, whether or not he ok's it, they make all the moves

http://www.fathead.com/nba/cleveland-cavaliers/lebron-james/

They have been marked down drastically on the Fathead website, from $99.99 to $17.41.

It's no coincidence that Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert is the driving financial force behind Fathead. The $17.41 price isn't random either, because 1741 is the birth year of the first traitor of note in American history, Benedict Arnold.

from bill simmons article and a reader email

City: Chicago

Name: Ron

I think we're realizing that LeBron was never made up of the same stuff as Kobe or MJ. And the things that we saw him doing in the future were things that we wanted for him, because of his transcendent skills. But in the end, he just didn't want those things. He was abandoned as a kid, if you see his high school documentary, you see all he wants to do is be a part of something, not be something. He just wants to be a part of a group and be wanted. We've just all along wished he was wired for greatness. He's not. And it's a shame.

tumblr_l5bobejDE51qzb7vjo1_500.jpg

Based on LeBron and Bosh’s outfit coordination, and their positioning next to DWade, I think it’s a subtle yet clear indication on who runs this team. The head of Voltron was the Black lion after all.