Denim Fits for asians?

thisisaaron

hey guys, i'm new here, and i was wondering if any of you had any exp with my little dilemma.

i was considering getting some jeans off the net, a pair of Levis 514s to be precise. can't get any slim fits where i'm from, it's bloody annoying. i know it's actually one of those cuts exclusive to the US, soo...i'm an asian guy, and i have a somewhat smaller frame than, you know, the average american male. so i was wondering, do they (Levis) retail any smaller scaled sizes, to cater to those of the scrawnier persuasion? (ie. mee!)

i'm on the lookout for some slim straight denim, so could you guys point out some good stuff? something mid-range, tho. i don't want to fork out for some designer denim or anything :)

hey, teddy. yeah, i'm round 5'6-ish, 130 plus pounds. yeeahh, that'd be great! do let me know.. thanks, man.

and gimme.. asia's a big place =P where i'm from, the denim retail is pretty much horrible. when i say horrible, i mean the upper limit of our variety comes in the form of Levis "Engineered" jeans(vomit), or other overdesigned stuff for streetwear junkies.

hey aaron you from manila i assume.. ? actually we do have good jeans here..

Wow, how'd you arrive at Manila? Even I couldn't tell....

I was in Manila just the beginning of this year and was unable to find jeans that were to my liking. But then again I never grew up there and only shopped at department stores and boutiques at the common places in Makati.

When I asked about slim jeans, they shopping attendants had little to no idea.

Check out the stores at Glorietta, or Mall of Asia, they have great jeans selections there.

And I'm in a similar frame as you, 6ft, 64.5kg, and I barely buy anything here in Australia because the fits just don't suit me here.

Guest EmaciatedNerd

Why just Asians? I am African American, 6 1, 125, and i have a smaller waist than all of you, thanks for the thread btw. I needed some Levi suggestions also.:P

i'm asian, about 5/11", around 160 lbs. and have had 514's and 511's. of the two, the 511's definitely fit my shape better, and though they're skinny jeans, they don't look like leggings or anywhere near that. 514's fit like crap, at least for me. and if your like me and don't have much tush, the rear of 514's look really bad. even with wash/dry shrinkage, they stretch right back out 'cause of the material, a cheap cotton/lycra blend. i like the 511's alot. my actual waist size is somewhere between 31-32, and with 511's i size down to 30 and have even gone down to 29. if you can get to a uniqlo, they have excellent fitting slim/straight jeans for about $40 us. great jeans for slim asians with no asses designed and made by asians.

It so isn't an asian thing. I'm Australian with european heritage and have the same weight/height as pogi. What do you know!! What is your shoe size pogi? This could get creepy.

That's spooky.

I'm a size US13/12.

hahhah awesome, thanks for all the advice, guys. i think i'll try out the 511s.. they stock them in the US, yes? i'll be stopping by Penn in a couple of months.

and about the er -- asian thing. like they say,

*cue corny immigrant accent*

"...everything is bigger in America!"

*end corny immigrant accent*

i guess "they" lied to me. :(

sydney too

Too many nudies on the streets. I think Imperial is picking up popularity sooner or later.

I put my Nudies away after I saw so many. I walked down from Redfern to USyd and counted 6 pairs of Nudies, including one pair on this heavy chick that looked painted on :eek: .

I saw this one skinny guy in Burwood with a pair of LVC 47s. Man, made me want to get a pair.

when you say "denim fits for asians" did you just want to say "denim fits for the short and skinny?" from what i've seen on this board, the asians run from short and skinny to tall and skinny. there is also buddha-like, too...

damn, domdomdom took it down.