Va. Tech SF'rs

Carl

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah.... pretty nuts over there.

-tragic

^^^your liberal outrage is out of place. if you feel that way, it's fine. but let's keep in mind that this (quite literally) hits closer to home for a lot of people.

so sorry to any VA tech kids. i hope no one lost anyone special, or anyone at all, really. yeesh, it's hard to express....

In other news, 37 people died in Thailand today in a flash flood:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/04/15/thailand.flashflood.ap/index.html

and 47 died yesterday in Iraq:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/04/15/iraq.main/index.html

But we wouldn't make a post about it.

youre an insenstive fucking clod, yes those deaths are also tragic but they weren't kids, at school, in america.

dumbass

30 people just confirmed dead in VA. -very sad

Guest Airjamie
In other news, 37 people died in Thailand today in a flash flood:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/04/15/thailand.flashflood.ap/index.html

and 47 died yesterday in Iraq:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/04/15/iraq.main/index.html

But we wouldn't make a post about it.

Are you fucking serious? You are comparing a flood to someone walking into a school dormatory and murdering 30 fucking students? Are you braindead? People die everyday from smoking, doing drugs, not wiping their ass properly, whathave you. But these thirty people were sleeping in their beds, writing papers, reading books, taking a shit even, and someone walked into a building and slaughtered them. In cold fucking blood. Your post is not only insensitive but offensive, not only to those of us in the U.S. but to everyone on this board with a heart and a sense of reverance. Regardless of your proximity, you should be able to sense the tragic nature of this situation. Im really really hoping one of the mods has the balls to ban you for this you piece of shit.

^^^your liberal outrage is out of place. if you feel that way, it's fine. but let's keep in mind that this (quite literally) hits closer to home for a lot of people.

so sorry to any VA tech kids. i hope no one lost anyone special, or anyone at all, really. yeesh, it's hard to express....

youre an insenstive fucking clod, yes those deaths are also tragic but they weren't kids, at school, in america.

dumbass

Phantom, if you're so concerned about Iraqis and Thais dying make a separate post for it. Fucking idiot.

Don't get all guilty and lay it on the rest of us. Apparently you forgot about it until Carl made this thread.

Actually; I have several friends at VA tech and I just found out over the last hour that thankfully, all of them are okay.

I was simply pointing out that many people died undeservingly today, and that they should be recognized too.

yes those deaths are also tragic but they weren't kids, at school, in america.

Classic.

But anyway, no need to argue.

Guest Airjamie
Actually; I have several friends at VA tech and I just found out over the last hour that thankfully, all of them are okay.

I seriously fucking doubt this. Usually when you are in fear for friends lives you dont make boneheaded statements about it like your above post. Furthermore, you certainly dont go about belittling what happened by fucking arguing about how unfair it is that we arent discussing thailand or iraq. Get the fuck off this board. Please.

I seriously fucking doubt this. Usually when you are in fear for friends lives you dont make boneheaded statements about it like your above post. Furthermore, you certainly dont go about belittling what happened by fucking arguing about how unfair it is that we arent discussing thailand or iraq. Get the fuck off this board. Please.

I don't care to continue with this. The fact that you are trying to argue the pointlessness and insensitivity of my post with your own socio-political rant is absurdly hypocritical.

You think it was in poor taste, that's fine. You don't need to muck up the thread with insults.

There are more pressing issues at hand.

You think it was in poor taste, that's fine. You don't need to muck up the thread with insults.

You should've thought of this prior to commenting in this thread.

This thread was started as a way to express grief & thoughts for help for those affected. Not for your lessons.

I know supertrash is the place to argue and talk shit, but in reverence, maybe we should be a bit more respectful on this thread.

Quoting Pennglock from Styleforum

The death-toll is likely to get much higher. I have a contact that's the head of the EMS department there. Here's the IM's he sent me on his way out the door...

Him [1:52 PM]: I am on phone now with an ic that was there

Him [1:52 PM]: He is saying they "black tagged" 31 on one floor alone so there will be probably close to 50 if not more DOA....

Him [1:52 PM]: it is gonna be way worse than first reported

Can we move past the bickering please. I beleive there are more important things at hand

the world is dark place where bad and terrible things happen. Please take a moment out of your day for those who have died in todays events....home and abroad.

the world is dark place where bad and terrible things happen. Please take a moment out of your day for those who have died in todays events....home and abroad.

Agreed. I wonder who the guy was, though, and what would cause you to unload a clip on a bunch of people you don't know and ostensibly have nothing against..

i live in VA, and my school feeds into VA tech like it's nobody's business. In fact, i was planning on going up this weekend possibly. I'm sure all of the people there appreciate the thoughts, etc, i know it's nice to see everyone giving support, although from what i've seen on campus there aren't many hokies on SF