Full Skinny Suit

Aku

Curious, prom's coming up and I'm very much sold on this look:

1-7.jpg

Just curious if anyone knows where I can get a suit like that (everything minus shoes I guess) and around how much it'll cost. I'm hoping for nothing more than 300.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be picking up a suit tomorrow that's been tailored for me. The original suit cost upwards of $1k but I got it for just $300 at this local consignment store with an in-house tailor. Everything is extremely nice, and it fits very well. I told the guys I wanted a slimmer fitting suit and they hooked me right up.

Look around your area for these privately owned suit places. From my experience you can get great deals, and a great fitting suit.

I'll be picking up a suit tomorrow that's been tailored for me. The original suit cost upwards of $1k but I got it for just $300 at this local consignment store with an in-house tailor. Everything is extremely nice, and it fits very well. I told the guys I wanted a slimmer fitting suit and they hooked me right up.

Look around your area for these privately owned suit places. From my experience you can get great deals, and a great fitting suit.

oh alright, so I can just purchase a regular suit and get it tailored to fit me like that? thanks. I tried to search but got way too many results, tried to look through a few and got tired

oh alright, so I can just purchase a regular suit and get it tailored to fit me like that? thanks. I tried to search but got way too many results, tried to look through a few and got tired

I wouldnt reccomend buying any old suit and getting it altered to the shit house. try and find one as close to the fit you like that only needs simple adjustments.

Try H&M, Zara & Club Monaco.

And agreed with Servo - the pants in that image arent a nice fit at all - far too long in length. Wearing an ill fitting suit it the biggest fashion blunder.

i bought a christian dior tux thrift for 85 bucks (props for moy for hooking me up).

the jacket is pretty slim, but i need to taper the bottom definitly.

i bought these acne slacks that are pretty slim, but they might be a little over your suggested price range. They had a matching jacket too, but I didn't get it.

Alright, thanks guys, will give Zara and H&M a visit and I will agree with a few of you, I don't like stacking on pants, it has to barely touch the shoes, thank god for black socks :D Not sure if I should wear white or black shoes though, oh well.

Black is ok, if boring.

Personally, I would wear navy or charcoal, or if I'm feeling dandy-ish, red.

And never white. Its just improper with dressy attire.

I remember those kids who rocked a full white tux with a pink tie and thought it was hot. :(

despite what you may think, stacking doesn't work with suits.

true, but if I'd have to choose from that or too short, I'd wear something thats a bit long. best thing is of course to tailor them but don't do them too short, that looks terrible too.

hey guys any recommendations on getting a suit in sydney? I have no clue where to start.
Alright, thanks guys, will give Zara and H&M a visit and I will agree with a few of you, I don't like stacking on pants, it has to barely touch the shoes, thank god for black socks :D Not sure if I should wear white or black shoes though, oh well.

I hope you don't mean that in the way it reads.

hey guys any recommendations on getting a suit in sydney? I have no clue where to start.

Monza, on Miller st in North Sydney (near where I work and live!) :o

They have awesome suits there, Hugo Boss and Versace to name a few, includes the services of a tailor.

http://www.thickasthievesla.com/ these fellas make a great suit to your specs if you are looking for something slim. i have one coming in the first of may and if this thread is still active ill post up some pics. the price is right and they are very easy to deal with...im sure someone has brought them up before but i learned of them through styleforum.net

To add to stamped's post, here is my suit from Thick as Thieves:

dsc1161fx7cz6.jpg

Amazing shit, and only $100 more than H&M/Zara.

yeah, um the fit of this suit is fucking spot on brian. i need to come up with the funds to buy from getsmart. but i really want to go out there and get measured up and whatnot...but your fit is amazing on the suit.

Aku, if you're still looking for a well fitted suit at rock bottom prices (you live in T.O. right?) head to Vaughan and go to the Holt's outlet. About 90% complete shit, but you may get lucky and find a diamond in the rough, they carry a lot of Hugo and they fit like Dior for about a 1500th the price.