Some cool, distressed denim

hawkeye

again., lovely pics Meader!

p.s. for some reason I can't answer your pm from this computer. I'll do as soon as possible thankS!

I appreciate your appreciation! I understand 'bout them PM's, don't worry, just make it in your pace and everything will be perfectly fine!

92528bc11736e34e_large7d47f5cdb485f300_largeb14304694bda17ae_large

c0b7ba4dc7b88ff1_large

f3dcc816df69e768_large53a4e7ff898fe157_largebed1afd5280dedc1_large0eeecf0943f5bcda_large3fc053db8763c2fe_large

They are skinheads -- I guess you might charitably say they were anarchists, but in reality most were basically facists of the ugliest sort. The location is Piccadilly Circus; I will guess mid-to-late 1970s (judging by the fact that Swan & Edgar is still extant -- later there was a Virgin Megastore there)

They are skinheads -- I guess you might charitably say they were anarchists, but in reality most were basically facists of the ugliest sort. The location is Piccadilly Circus; I will guess mid-to-late 1970s (judging by the fact that Swan & Edgar is still extant -- later there was a Virgin Megastore there)

Yes, the picture details on the google images life page say the picture was taken by Terence Spencer in 1969 in Piccadilly Square, London U.K.

So were they anarchists of fascists. Polar opposites on the political spectrum. I was under the impression that skinheads were basically working class dudes with a strong nationalist sentiment.

The original Skinheads of the late 60's were neither fascists and definately not anarchists. Like rnrswitch says- it was a working class english cult. Probably the younger brothers of teh early to mid 60's mods with similar attention to detail & style. Musically they listed to soul and reggae and happily mixed with other working class ethnicities- especially the jamaicans who they much admired and borrowed music & style from.

It's probably fair to say that as they were generally working class and possibly not especially well educated the cult got slowly infiltrated by the national front and some of the Skins became their foot soldiers which gave them their bad reputation. Not neccessarily racist, but misguided nationalism.

The 60's originals are a far cry from the post punk late 70's boneheads who were essentially a bunch of evil, violent glue sniffing little shites

So were they anarchists of fascists. Polar opposites on the political spectrum. I was under the impression that skinheads were basically working class dudes with a strong nationalist sentiment.

levis were such a commodity here in the 60's that I doubt the mods would have tampered with them. Rockers wasn't a fashion cult as such. they wore stuff for practical reasons rather than style so didn't really care if the jeans were levis.

The orig skins wore jeans as shown in that pic-probably '66 style 501's and soon after that started wearing bell bottoms, flares etc (well- it was the 70's) The later skins are better know for their tight jeans, with bleach splattered all over them.

i was in the barber shop the other day, and all the old cats were telling me about how they didn't buy a pair of jeans until the late 1950s-early 1960s. being that denim was considered work wear, any wannabe-cool blacks wouldn't have been caught dead in denim before them. the sharecropper look wasn't sexy.

i was in the barber shop the other day, and all the old cats were telling me about how they didn't buy a pair of jeans until the late 1950s-early 1960s. being that denim was considered work wear, any wannabe-cool blacks wouldn't have been caught dead in denim before them. the sharecropper look wasn't sexy.

it's true. NOBODY wore denim in high school unless you wanted people to to think you're a farmer back in the 50's...