Super Cooking (Recipes, Menus, Food & Wine)

Tyro1

4220510401_8f7f57f513.jpg

pan seared cumin/corriander scrod with roasted delicata squash, tomato, maitake mushrooms, harrissa mayo and salsa verde.

4221272912_8cb22bb363.jpg

Christmas day porchetta stuffed with sage, sausage, fennel, onions, rosemary.

4221272330_a1fe1a39e1.jpg

prepackaged shio ramen with clam broth mixed in, soft boiled eggs, home made cha shu

1st pic: haricots vert and asparagus, blanched and served with navel orange and a lemon and olive oil dressing with fresh sea salt.

4212560838_f744b217f0_o.jpg

2nd pic: veal short ribs, pan roasted with onions in a sherry vinaigrette + sauterne + homemade demiglace reduction, with crushed garlic and bouquet garni.

4211797843_8619690941_o.jpg

Christmas dinner I cooked for the girl and I. Followed up by homemade oatmeal craisin cookies with valrhona chocolate chips. Why Craisins? Because they are CRRRRAZZYYYYYYYY

Paging dis,

Cross post from Super Cooking:

I've got a dinner date this weekend and need some help with a final dish. So far I'm making a carrot-orange-ginger soup and a blackened jerk tilapia fillet w/ cilantro-citrus yogurt sauce. Girl is making some rando mixed green salad. I feel like I need a starch component or something but I can't figure out what...salad kinda takes care of the greens component. Dominant flavors are coriander and ginger.

I've got a dinner date this weekend and need some help with a final dish. So far I'm making a carrot-orange-ginger soup, a blackened jerk tilapia fillet w/ cilantro-citrus yogurt sauce. Girl is making some rando mixed green salad. I feel like I need a starch component or something but I can't figure out what...salad kinda takes care of the greens component. Dominant flavors are coriander and ginger.

Paging dis,

Cross post from Super Cooking:

I've got a dinner date this weekend and need some help with a final dish. So far I'm making a carrot-orange-ginger soup and a blackened jerk tilapia fillet w/ cilantro-citrus yogurt sauce. Girl is making some rando mixed green salad. I feel like I need a starch component or something but I can't figure out what...salad kinda takes care of the greens component. Dominant flavors are coriander and ginger.

how about a coconut saffron rice to go with the jerk tilapia.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You guys got me hungry and wanting to cook . I'm making this tonight

http://www.kitchenparade.com/2006/06/maple-glazed-salmon.php

Now they suggest this to make with it > http://kitchen-parade-veggieventure.blogspot.com/2005/11/day-215-roasted-zucchini-with-lemon.html

I have a feeling you all might know something better ?

Thanks ahead of time!

• 1 month later...

I can't cook to save my life but I do bake occasionally... fave TV show Heston's Feasts... that guy is amazing! Last thing I baked was salted caramel macarons... no one died from eating those... so a good sign I guess...

IMG_3364-1.jpg

anyone has a super awesome peanut butter cookies recipe?

I have 1.5 kg peanut butter at home that's been staring at me for the past 3 days and I'm this close to eating it Nutella style... the whole jar with a spoon... so have to make use of it before it happens...

Hey Tweeds, you should come round my house.

I'll make you the best Pot Noodle you ever had.

i'll bring the flowers, you sort the food out, we'll laugh it up :cool::cool:

mis- carrots have too particular a taste; if i can get fresh peas they'll be pretty sweet

anyone has a super awesome peanut butter cookies recipe?

I have 1.5 kg peanut butter at home that's been staring at me for the past 3 days and I'm this close to eating it Nutella style... the whole jar with a spoon... so have to make use of it before it happens...

1 cup butter 1 cup dark choc chips 1 cup brown sugar 1 egg (slightly whisked) 1 tps bicarb

stir

set on tray

bake 10 mins 180c