quitting smoking

Originatek

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this might sound cliche, but if you have the time, take up jogging. i quit after realizing what a runner's high i get after a good mile

Take the best of both worlds and have a smoko whilst jogging.

As for quitting, nup. Too much shit due every week to quit. My female friends recommend eating lots of chocolates though. But you might find it hard to fit into those raw jeans after. Oh shit. Super Futurian Dilemma.

i quit every time i get sick, so most recently i stopped for a week and previous to that it was 3 weeks. definitely feel much more healthy after about 4 days though, but man the itch is hard to overcome. as far as taking up an active hobby to quit, it may help but it really depends on your personality i guess. i bike ride everyday, hike 10-15 miles a week, and swim everyday when its warm enough...but i still manage to smoke 4-5 cigs per day.

it's gonna be 4 weeks for me next tuesday. it's been pretty easy actually. after like one week, i pretty much stopped think about it. like i would get out of work and realized i haven't thought about smoking since i woke up. drinking is harder though, i might have had a few cigarettes on the week-end but i was pretty drunk so i don't remember ;)

I kind of quit indirectly. last may i went to LA and decided to drive to vegas one night. i rented a car with my friend (who also smoked) and we drove straight there. practically chain smoking the entire time with the windows up. then we get to vegas and you can smoke damn near everywhere too. drove back the next day, again smoking with the windows up. of course only when we take a bathroom break do i realize the no smoking sign on the rental key..OOPS!

anyway i felt so freakin gross about doing that much smoking in a weekend that when i landed back in ny i just decided to just stop straight up.

for the most part ive been good, i had a smoke back in october but otherwise im going strong.

sucks cuz right now i have an entire carton of seven stars that i picked up from japan as a gift for a friend, who cant take it now anyway cuz of health reasons.

ugh. ITS CAWLIN ME.

anyway..GOOD LUCK!

i've been trying to quit. i buy a pack about once a week now. mainly if it wasnt for one simple thing i would have it down.

I quit just fine except for when i drink. So the weekend will come around and i'll drink, buy a pack smoke it like a regular smoker, wake up the next day if its saturday & do it all over again. If its sunday i might have a couple ciggs left over from my binge weekend and will smoke a few here and there.

i have been smoking for about 4 years and i quit about 3 months ago. i slipped up a couple of times while i was intoxicated, but other than that i haven't had one. one day i just decided to quit cold turkey.

if you feel good about quitting it makes it a bit easier. definately a hard habit to kick. fuck....now i want to smoke after all this talk.

I kind of quit indirectly. last may i went to LA and decided to drive to vegas one night. i rented a car with my friend (who also smoked) and we drove straight there. practically chain smoking the entire time with the windows up. then we get to vegas and you can smoke damn near everywhere too. drove back the next day, again smoking with the windows up. of course only when we take a bathroom break do i realize the no smoking sign on the rental key..OOPS!

anyway i felt so freakin gross about doing that much smoking in a weekend that when i landed back in ny i just decided to just stop straight up.

for the most part ive been good, i had a smoke back in october but otherwise im going strong.

sucks cuz right now i have an entire carton of seven stars that i picked up from japan as a gift for a friend, who cant take it now anyway cuz of health reasons.

ugh. ITS CAWLIN ME.

anyway..GOOD LUCK!

send me the box .. ill take good care of it for you

wow,to everyone out there struggling,i agree with the individual that says go jogging,i work out regularly and dont want a cigarette after..until i get off of work 12 hours later.What makes it tough for me is that i used to smoke herb rather frequently,and its a sequential notion,i HAVE to have a cigarette after smoking a bowl.simple solution,i'm quitting both, pot kept me from doing stuff anyway.Drinking is the same way,i've got to have a cigarette after that beer,but i never was too into drinking anyway..i've found that what gave me a jump start last time i quit,and this time, is being sick! whatever it is,i just naturally dont want a smoke.....anyways,hang in there guys!!!

um you guys who smoke one pack a week and 5-6 a day .. quit now while you're WAY ahead . That's not even being a smoker really . quit !!!

you wont regret it unless you want to be up to a pack a day sometime

smokers definitely get a bad rap too. When you're at an airport they stick you in that little glass box with the other smokers and make you look like an animal in a cage. Plus if you go to any major city you have to go outside and smoke.

I wouldn't say I am addicted but after a couple of drinks smoking a cig just tastes soo good.

You don't know how hard it is to stop smoking.

Yeah I do, it's just as hard as it is to start flossing.

You look jittery...

YEAH I'M ABOUT TO FLOSS!

great quote

dont give up giving up!

i used to smoke for 10 + years and have quit a month ago. I feel fantastic for finally giving up.

do it for yourself

Quitting is for quitters. I, for one, would not like to be known as a quitter. Plus, those last 10-15 years of your life you're cutting off aren't that great anyway.

If I were to quit, it'd be for one reason only. I'd quit when I start a family and have kids. I just woke up, so I think I'll go have a smoke.