films you're looking forward to seeing

Yeah, haha. The promise I see in it is that it's so melodramatic and bad that it's funny since you know that he's sort of looking to screw with you (as the viewer). Probably until Casualties of War though, De Palma's stuff is really great, particularly if you see and enjoy the (dark) humor in it.

The only one I've seen (other than stuff like Scarface and The Untouchables) is Body Double and I really love that movie. It's so weird and bad and awesome and evocative of that time and place (I really want to be that Bill Maher doppelgangerbro living in that house and driving that car whilst stalking bzs). Also, that song:

What are some other good ones??????

The only one I've seen (other than stuff like Scarface and The Untouchables) is Body Double and I really love that movie. It's so weird and bad and awesome and evocative of that time and place (I really want to be that Bill Maher doppelgangerbro living in that house and driving that car whilst stalking bzs). Also, that song:

What are some other good ones??????

I actually like Body Double, but it's not the best of them I think. Scarface and Untouchables are really good, but the less talked about ones I really like Blow-Out (with Travolta), Dressed to Kill, and Carrie is ridiculous/ironic. Also Phantom of Paradise which nobody talks about anymore is great. I haven't seen De Palma's really early stuff though, it's probably good.

should i watch we're the millers or kick ass two?

i saw both last week. we're the millers is not a challenging film, as expected, but i was actually surprised with how much i enjoyed it. kick ass 2 is better overall, i'd say, but not excellent.

the butler was pretty good. the first third of elysium was good, last 2/3 doo doo cgi action. jobs was pretty entertaining but ashton kutcher was bad, and the pacing/sound was terrible.

did u just download this or did someone lend you the dvd?

i know that one could look forward to watching an old film, but i think i speak for everyone when i say that this thread is generally 4 upcoming films.  pls utilize it as so.  if it's like a special edition, director's cut, different edit or some shit like that, then maybe.  your selection probably would have been more appropriate in the "what are you watching today" thread.

when in doubt use "small questions" thread to see what the consensus would be on posting older film in the "films you're looking forward to seeing" thread.  or pm a mod. thank you.

Edited by SSchadenfreude

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...