Self Edge X Imperial

Tyro1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't find a decent camera...but I thought this thread deserved more wear pics.

Pictures capture the color of the jeans just a bit. I'll probably borrow someone elses camera and take pictures at 10 months or so.

5 months

6 soaks.

2 washes.

Tons of rain/drizzle/snow

Hi IM SOLE CRAZY, these look great. What size/inseam is this and did you get them hemmed by SE?

Thanks,

Brett.

Hi IM SOLE CRAZY, these look great. What size/inseam is this and did you get them hemmed by SE?

Thanks,

Brett.

Hahaha Thanks. Everything is stock so no alterations were done. Its size 30, I could have sized down once but eh, they sold out of 29s.

Anyway heres a fit pic pplz.

Yes these are the rocky steps and yes thats the watchmen logo.

DSC03265.jpg

I don't know if I'm even going to do a wash, if I do, not for at least 1 year.

i'm soaking to soften up the crotch area and help the fading come out a bit without losing too much of the shine, i like the shine.

kev, those are turning our really nice, Im gonna do a soak too, seems the waist on mine has stretched out a bit, need to shrink that down to OG size...

and Diplo........... I'm with jcotteri on this.... wtf... r u talking about...? :confused:

Imperial is sanforized, there for all you're going to be doing is getting them wet and lose a little indigo... don't be filthy just wash them if you're gonna get them wet....

and Diplo........... I'm with jcotteri on this.... wtf... r u talking about...? :confused:

He is sort of right. SExI are sanforized so there's no need for an initial soak to shrink the denim. I'm sure a soak will shrink these somewhat after they have been stretched out, but as we all should know by now it doesn't take too long to stretch back to where it was. In light of that fact, a hotsoak will really only give you a temporary shrink at the expense of your dry denim's shine. Thus, he is probably suggesting that you save the shine until they actually need cleaning.

I haven't soaked or washed mine yet, just into my 6th month and the waist has definitely stretched out past my liking. I am holding out till 1 year+ before they touch water though.

Imperial is sanforized, there for all you're going to be doing is getting them wet and lose a little indigo... don't be filthy just wash them if you're gonna get them wet....
He is sort of right. SExI are sanforized so there's no need for an initial soak to shrink the denim. I'm sure a soak will shrink these somewhat after they have been stretched out, but as we all should know by now it doesn't take too long to stretch back to where it was. In light of that fact, a hotsoak will really only give you a temporary shrink at the expense of your dry denim's shine. Thus, he is probably suggesting that you save the shine until they actually need cleaning.

I haven't soaked or washed mine yet, just into my 6th month and the waist has definitely stretched out past my liking. I am holding out till 1 year+ before they touch water though.

I know they are but you soaking doesnt just apply to shrinking unsanforized denim, I like to soak to rid the jeans of factory starch, better for the health of the garment for the long run, and lets if fall on the body much nicer

and as far as the "shine", im not to concerned with that, sometimes it even annoys me to see, i like the look of it after its soaked, but thats just my opinion, i feel you on the saving the shine tho if you like it thats cool, im just saying soaking isnt pointless tho, it helps with other things

but good stuff everyone, love how theyre coming along, wish mine would fade a bit faster haha but all in due time, just gotta enjoy the ride :cool:

well thats a great thing to point out but after 5 months it's not really a pre soak now is it

soaking could be for many reasons. he mentioned he wanted to soften them up and get rid of the starching agent. a soak is a great way to get rid of the smell also, you lose a lot of indigo when you wash. it's such a harsh environment, a gentle soak with a light deteregent is usually a great way of getting rid of the smell, dust, skin cells etc.

well thats a great thing to point out but after 5 months it's not really a pre soak now is it.

Yeah I didn't say it was, I just mentioned it because it is not ridiculous at all to avoid soaking DRY DENIM and 2 people "wtf'd" at that sentiment. There are good reasons not to wet dry denim for as long as possible. You may disagree but that doesn't make it invalid.