Self Edge X Imperial

Tyro1

Kiya,

Are these still on the drawing board? Interested on details? Possible release?

After seeing the Iron Heart x Self Edge, I'm excited about these. i'm assuming they wont be as detailed as the sexy hoes?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a bit early to be talking about this one but yes, we're still on track for a Q4 2007 release. Q4 = Oct/Nov/Dec

The model will be SEXI03 and SEXI03BK

But well before then the Sugarcane collaboration "Paranoids" project will be released sometime in September.

kiya, if you don't mind me asking... did you deconstruct a pair of Diors for these projects? If so, did you figure out anything conclusive as to whether the back darts on Diors really do anything for the fit? I notice your SExIH are conventional and assume the Imperials will be too...

• 3 weeks later...
Man I'm hoping for the trademark 38"-ish inseam on the imperial collaboration. Us taller guys felt kinda sad about the 35" inseam on those beautiful SEXIHs, or at least I know I was. :(

It was dior inspired for the cut, but still, ultimately, an Iron Heart jean. As for Imperials, it should be consist with this, so whatever attributes of the Imperial denim will be intact while the cut will be different. Should be longer, about 37-38" I would assume.

Can't wait to see the new backpocket stitching... fuck.

Gordon told me Samurai has wanted to do a collaboration with BiG for a while, and he said they will do one for sure at some point. Not sure when.

Thanks for the info. I remember once he said he was trying to get them to bring back the slubby 510XX-AI, I hope if they do a collab, its with something like that :P

it's a little early to ask, but do you think this would be the same price break as the iron hearts?

It will be cheaper. Iron Heart's limited run and higher price point were the reasons for the near $400 retail. Imperial should be a bit less in cost with more availability (I hope.)

It will be cheaper. Iron Heart's limited run and higher price point were the reasons for the near $400 retail. Imperial should be a bit less in cost with more availability (I hope.)

You are half right.. :)

They will cost less but we're still only going to do a short run.

Even less than the SEXIH01...