Self Edge X Imperial

Tyro1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news on the level of detail on these, I assume they will be cheaper due to lighter weight denim, no hidden rivets, like other imps.

I imagine similar to a duke cut, but with a narrower leg opening?

Any news on the level of detail on these, I assume they will be cheaper due to lighter weight denim, no hidden rivets, like other imps.

I imagine simialer to a duke cut, but with a narrower leg opening?

Ladies call me Sidneylo. Why? Simply 'cause I wear Dior...

They will cost less but we're still only going to do a short run.

Even less than the SEXIH01...

Fuck that bullshit. You're such a scam. Stop making collabo jeans 1 of 1 and turning them into shorts--then posting pics of it to cocktease us online. You're pissing off the Internet.

(I'll take the leftover legs from the jorts...)

i don't think it is a ridiculous notion at all that imperial might be using a different kind of denim than their standard models, what does this have to do with iron heart denim ??

but agreed, this is so far off from now these questions are jumping the gun, i'm just curious.

• 3 weeks later...
Why would Imperial do a collaboration with, well anyone, but in this case SE and use Iron Heart denim????

Im guessing perhaps they just might use Imperial denim, call it a hunch.

21oz. denim isn't exclusive to Iron Hearts and i'm pretty sure they don't have the only supply on the planet. Call it a hunch.

• 3 weeks later...
just wondering how close these will actually be to the Dior 19cms,as I thought that the 19cm cut wasn't possible with selvedge denim, like what Imperial uses

The 19cm cut is totally possible with selvedge denim. Actually, any cut you can come up with can be made with selvedge denim. The denim fabric still works the same, it's just the properties of the denim and the looms it's made on are different.

So yeah, our 19cm cut Imperial collaboration will be made of selvedge..

Actually, any cut you can come up with can be made with selvedge denim. The denim fabric still works the same, it's just the properties of the denim and the looms it's made on are different.

this is interesting because i thought that tapering on a selvedge jean would have to be done completely from the inseam in order to preserve the straight selvedge edge...and is that even possible? i have no experience in patternmaking myself but i always thought severely tapered jeans were impossible to achieve with selvedge.

this is interesting because i thought that tapering on a selvedge jean would have to be done completely from the inseam in order to preserve the straight selvedge edge...and is that even possible? i have no experience in patternmaking myself but i always thought severely tapered jeans were impossible to achieve with selvedge.

it can be done. i got a pair of pbjs tapered to dior hem. it was done on the inseam and worked out very nicely. selvedge was alll intact.

it was at htc los angeles btw best denim tailor in town.

Another thing to note, just because the selvedge edge is cut off during the cutting process doesn't mean the jeans are no longer "selvedge".

holla--yes in fact i think someone here got his zathans tapered...was it fndmybetterhalf? and someone else did his ralfs the same way. but again since i'm not a patternmaker i've always thought it might come off funny.

good point domdomdomdo--uh, how many doms was that, again? ;)

kiya--fair point, although selvedge is arguably only a cosmetic benefit these days (given the huge spectrum of quality of shuttle loomed goods) and perhaps the consumer, once shorn of the selvedge edge, no longer derives any satisfaction from the product? i know that personally if i would be expecting a company declaring its goods to be selvedge denim to actually employ the telltale outseam. denim quality is another matter altogether...

in any case i think we've all established that it is possible to preserve the redlines along with a taper.

• 3 months later...

January 2008.

Only because we've got the SEXSC02 and the SEXIH03 coming out still this year..

oooo very nice any info on the bicyclist jean

Ironheart 21 OZ denim, crazy narrow below the knees, roomier above than the bottom would imply, big back pockets for u-lock storing, think Kiya said something about a permanent keyholder/fob, low rise front, high rise back for hunching over the bike.

EDIT: That's just from posts here, I dunno anything really.