Baseball Talk

kiya

Awesome. How did you get tickets?! Did you just call in or do you have some special hook up?

Oh man, I wish I had a hook up... I signed up for these emails from the club a few years ago, and before the playoffs they always have a sign up for tickets, I always sign up and have never received anything, finally got selected for this! I had a choice between $100 grandstand tickets and $40 infield standing room, I figured it wasn't worth 60 to sit.

Also- was really hoping for a no-hitter last night. Will settle for the win!

What a mess Tuesday night was...Oh well, it was fun to go to one last game this season.

This brightened my day a little bit:

October 16, 2008, 8:02 AM

Palin Splits Her Baseball Loyalties

By MARK LEIBOVICH

Gov. Sarah Palin has added a twist on the old baseball maxim of “root root root for the home team†– as in, “root, root, root for the home team, depending on where you are.â€

As The Caucus noted, Ms. Palin visited Salem, N.H. Wednesday night and said she looked forward to watching Senator John McCain debate Senator Barack Obama “right here, in the heart of Red Sox Nation.†Ms. Palin said that “Red Sox fans know how to turn an underdog into a victor,†a timely applause line given that the Sox trail the Tampa Bay Rays three-games-to-one in the best-of-seven American League Championship Series.

It seems, however, that Ms. Palin voiced a similar sentiment – actually, identical sentiment – last week at a rally in Florida.

“How about those Tampa Bay Rays?†Ms. Palin said after the Rays defeated the Chicago White Sox.

“You know what that tells me? It tells me that the people in this area know a little something about turning an underdog into a victor.â€

The Democratic National Committee was quick to point out — and mock – Ms. Palin’s apparent sporting duplicity.

“Apparently this team of mavericks thinks straight talk means saying one thing to Rays fans and another to Red Sox fans,†said Damien LaVera, D.N.C. spokesman

The Red Sox or Rays will meet the National League champion Philadelphia Phillies in the World Series.

Ms. Palin is scheduled to visit eastern Pennsylvania later this week.

that was ridiculous.. i think the rays are in trouble.

with a such a young team and losing a lead like that, their confidence has to be hurt.. is ortiz done with his slump now?

great game

i think ortiz's "slump" just shows you how important manny was to protecting big papi...

and i'm really indifferent to who wins the AL

as long as they beat the phuckin phils.........PLEASE!!!!!!!!

If rays can calm the phillie offense then they can win. if not philly has it.

Im torn on whether we should keep manny or not. McCourt is willing to shell out $27 mil a year for him if we can make a short-term contract. We need pitching so Im wondering how much McCourt is willing to spend on the payroll this year. $150 million? With ticket prices so fucking high, Im sure we could afford a yankee style payroll

I am so impressed with Feliz, Ruiz, and Moyer. I sat through so many games the last two years where these guys did nothing but let me down. My Dad and little brother were at the game tonight and they got me a hat!