Kicking Mule Workshop 1950 AWA Pictures

lowrider

The denim is the best I have seen by an American brand, but I am not particularly fond of the selvage coin pocket. A couple models ago Kicking Mule didn't use the selvage coin pocket and it gave them a vintage feel, whereas the selvage coin pocket gives them a thai fake levis feel. Beautiful denim though.

I have to say the similarity to the denim on my oni shoai's is REALLY striking. The weave and the purple selvage - I wonder if it's produced by the same peeps. Would kill to see some side-by-sides.

I think they were dyed by the same guy. Because his name is Awashoai (I think) So the 1950 AWA and the Oni Shoai sound like they just took the first and last parts of his name.

oh and these look like the best jeans I have seen in a while. but only 40 pairs and I have no money

I think they were dyed by the same guy. Because his name is Awashoai (I think) So the 1950 AWA and the Oni Shaoi sound like they just took the first and last parts of his name.

PG2G and Viv had the same speculations about the same guy dyeing the denim. The main differences are:

1) Shoai is 19oz and the AWA is 17oz

2) Shoai is un-sanforized and the AWA is sanforized

3) Cut - the AWA has a slightly slimmer cut compared to the Shoai and PBJ AI-001

4) Details - the AWA has felled inseams, crotch selvedge, exposed coin pocket selvedge, triple chain stitch hem, half lined back pockets, etc.

Thanks guys. I really love them. I'm debating on whether or not I should soak them first since they're waxed pretty stiff.

I heard that leaving the wax in can cause the denim to weaken and start to have pre-mature holes. The plus side is that you get faster fade results, etc. I'm wearing them now but I think I'm gonna soak them tonight just to be safe.

Oh yeah - these are sanforized so I won't be soaking for shrinkage, just to get rid of some of the wax.

mine loosened up a lot after i soaked them. Lots more comfortable. Mine wear really painful at first. I did size down a little but now they fit perfect.

me and my awas.....not really a baggy fit at all. i do have big legs though....

Nice fit. Everytime I convince myself not to buy these, I come back to superfuture and am convinced to buy them again. I'll sleep on it :P

lowrider - One soak isn't good enough to remove all of the starch from your jeans, but it is good enough to remove the 'excess' starch that can make the denim very brittle. Don't worry about getting rid of all the starch, it's good to have some so that creases can form.

lowrider - One soak isn't good enough to remove all of the starch from your jeans, but it is good enough to remove the 'excess' starch that can make the denim very brittle. Don't worry about getting rid of all the starch, it's good to have some so that creases can form.

Mahalo for your advice. The jeans are about 70% dry and they're stiffer than before the wash. WTF???