Kicking Mule Workshop 1950 AWA Pictures

lowrider

PG2G and Viv had the same speculations about the same guy dyeing the denim. The main differences are:

1) Shoai is 19oz and the AWA is 17oz

2) Shoai is un-sanforized and the AWA is sanforized

3) Cut - the AWA has a slightly slimmer cut compared to the Shoai and PBJ AI-001

4) Details - the AWA has felled inseams, crotch selvedge, exposed coin pocket selvedge, triple chain stitch hem, half lined back pockets, etc.

Was it pg2g who said the guy who dyed em is called shoawa, so yeah, kmw-"awa", oni "shoa"is. Plus they both have the same selvedge. If I was a betting man id bet they are dyed by the same bloke.

I prefer the these over the shoais.

Mahalo for your advice. The jeans are about 70% dry and they're stiffer than before the wash. WTF???

Many times, jeans become more stiff after an initial soak and dry. I'm sure you've seen pictures of jeans standing up on their own in various threads. Your pair of jeans can probably do the same! Just wear em, and the denim will get softer over time. :)

Viv - I don't know if you've already read this but here is what parachutes said in the kmw vs. oni vs. pbj thread (http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=385197#post385197):

Awashoai is actually a name of the dying method originated in Awa city in Tokushima prefecture. According to the discriptions on the Oni Shoai/Ai-001, the person who dyed the jeans are supposedly a legend but it doesn't mention the actual name of the person.

Awa = name of city in Tokushima prefecture

Shoai = natural indigo

ok strike my random musings from the record.

heres parachututes

"Awashoai is actually a name of the dying method originated in Awa city in Tokushima prefecture. According to the discriptions on the Oni Shoai/Ai-001, the person who dyed the jeans are supposedly a legend but it doesn't mention the actual name of the person.

Awa = name of city in Tokushima prefecture

Shoai = natural indigo"

brilliant info.

Many times, jeans become more stiff after an initial soak and dry. I'm sure you've seen pictures of jeans standing up on their own in various threads. Your pair of jeans can probably do the same! Just wear em, and the denim will get softer over time. :)

You're right:

CIMG3322.jpg