Tattoos

hand tattoos are lame....why would you do that to yourself?

Unless you are heavily tattooed, in a bike gang or a professional musician (still, even then) a hand tattoo would seem very out of place.

Instead of a hand tattoo, why dont you just tell everyone you hate yourself and your body?

Some of my family in the mid-west have some fairly sizable neck tattoos but only because they're in gangs. It's going to depend a lot on what you're getting tattooed, obviously. I know there's are just black "gothic" script words (don't remember what) but I imagine that as long as you keep away form that sort of thing no one's going to make any assumptions about you (other than the fact that you seem like a guy who would get a neck tattoo).

are you heavily tattooed already? i mean, i know a lot of people with full sleeves, chest/upper body work etc, who still won't do neck and hands, but i also know people with limited tattoos who have things on their hands and stuff.. i dunno, it just depends where you see your life going. all the dudes i know with hand tattoos are musicians/not businessmen, haha.

My hands, neck, and head are the only spots i will wait for. They are the spots that are still taboo in the job world, as they can not be covered (head can be with hair unless you're bald).

I know people that just went for it and it worked out but they also make money with a trade that can be done freelance.

I'd say you are going to limit your future which is up to you to decide if that a good or bad thing.

looking to get traditional japanese chest plates/sleeves (beginning of a suit).. located in kansas city. can anyone recommend a good artist (preferably in the midwest) who could accomplish something like this?

yakuza2gh8.jpg

I'm torn between getting it done locally and just waiting for later on in my life, like while I'm on vacation somewhere or if/when I move and getting it done at that time. i'm thinking it might even be better to save up even more and take a trip elsewhere specifically to get this work done...

I'm torn between getting it done locally and just waiting for later on in my life, like while I'm on vacation somewhere or if/when I move and getting it done at that time. i'm thinking it might even be better to save up even more and take a trip elsewhere specifically to get this work done...

i know its a ways from kansas, but theres a shop in Minneapolis called aloha monkey, i believe doug hardy tattoos there, and a shop i would check out if i lived near there.

looking to get traditional japanese chest plates/sleeves (beginning of a suit).. located in kansas city. can anyone recommend a good artist (preferably in the midwest) who could accomplish something like this?

I'm getting mine done in japan. I was hoping to start this summer but I can't seem to be able to reach the specific artist I want. Plus the yen is so strong right now.

Just look at a bunch of work and figure out what you like then find the artist that's closest to your vision.

I'm getting mine done in japan. I was hoping to start this summer but I can't seem to be able to reach the specific artist I want. Plus the yen is so strong right now.

Just look at a bunch of work and figure out what you like then find the artist that's closest to your vision.

Are you still getting the glass of water (am I remembering correctly?) or is this a new idea?

which artist?

i know its a ways from kansas, but theres a shop in Minneapolis called aloha monkey, i believe doug hardy tattoos there, and a shop i would check out if i lived near there.

hmm... I looked at some of his work and most of it seems real sailor jerry-ish... this is really the only thing that I saw that was even remotely close to what I was thinking but it's waaaaaay too cartoon-y for me. really looking for very traditional type of work.

l_a96d9d8f3c7fdbacd38cccd2fd115edd.jpg

I appreciate the suggestion though, man!

do you live in japan or are you flying over? also, honestly, I already have in mind what I want and have pictures saved on my computer and bookmarks placed in my books, it's just a matter of finding someone to do it..

If you plan on saving up and getting it done elsewhere, this dude Mike Rubendall out of Kings Ave Tattoo on Long Island, NY does some insane japanese traditional. He has a bunch of in-progress full body suits up.

07prog.jpg

http://www.mikerubendalltattoo.com/

http://kingsavenuetattoo.com/pages/artists.html

hmm... I looked at some of his work and most of it seems real sailor jerry-ish... this is really the only thing that I saw that was even remotely close to what I was thinking but it's waaaaaay too cartoon-y for me. really looking for very traditional type of work.

l_a96d9d8f3c7fdbacd38cccd2fd115edd.jpg

I appreciate the suggestion though, man!

do you live in japan or are you flying over? also, honestly, I already have in mind what I want and have pictures saved on my computer and bookmarks placed in my books, it's just a matter of finding someone to do it..

the other name i was thinking of was mike malone, he tatted with sailor jerry. you can always tell the artist you want more traditional styled tattoos.

keep in mind that you're not going to just go and 'get' one of these. completed horimono can take years and years. they are also prohibitively expensive for most people, assuming you are working with a decent artist. getting one on vacation isn't the most feasible option. find somewhere reasonably close if money is even a remote issue.