Tattoos

Hey guys. I put a post in Superblurber also, but it's relevant to this thread so I thought I'd share. Mike Giant will be doing a live install at Heritage in Roseville (outside Sacramento). If you are in the area on the 28th, please drop by for free drinks and hang out! Mike is really well known in the tattoo industry and doesn't come out for events often, kind of a cool chance to meet him.

R8POSTER.jpg

You can e-mail [email protected] for more info.

Thanks!

albatros_d3_3v.jpg

Possible tat idea, but scaled down much smaller. I always liked the way the top-down drawings of early aircraft looked. Maybe not for the knee, but somewhere else. Opinions?

edit: might replace traditional iron cross with standard german cross, because I don't wanna be another bro with an iron cross tat:

german_cross.gif

I like what I've seen from Jesse over at red9ine tattoos, but that's about it.

Look my family comes from Cali, and the quality of the tattoos some of my family members have is very difficult to find here. To put it in perspective, my uncle has 4 tattoos from Mr. Cartoon

mr. cartoon is overrated.

He's good if you're mexican and have aztec ties (gang member), aside from that, not much to gawk over

Francis, you mentioned something about homemade tatts, who tattooed these on you?

i'm planing on my new session. really excited as i'm finally sure of what i want and exactly how. i think i'm gonna go for all black this time. inside forearm.

Francis, you mentioned something about homemade tatts, who tattooed these on you?

i'm planing on my new session. really excited as i'm finally sure of what i want and exactly how. i think i'm gonna go for all black this time. inside forearm.

Yeah? What are you thinking about getting?

Those actually aren't homemade. I like to keep things simple. Mine are all black line and anything I ever get (probably one more if any) will be the same way. I was pondering getting antennae but I kind of like how they are without them. Sometimes people think the bull ant in the middle is an ice cream cone, though, so I might consider antennae. I've gotten into myrmecology over the years so I might consider it. What do you think?

star-wars-tattoos.jpg

less crack! the ants look fine the way they are maaaan. idk.

well i already have much color on me. my two smallest (and also two first) tattoos are all black. the three bigger pieces have color in.

im gonna get some " tree of life" if i may say, as in old illustration with a snake wrapping around it, and

"homo homini lupus".

i'm still meditating though about the apple..

less crack! the ants look fine the way they are maaaan. idk.

well i already have much color on me. my two smallest (and also two first) tattoos are all black. the three bigger pieces have color in.

im gonna get some " tree of life" if i may say, as in old illustration with a snake wrapping around it, and

"homo homini lupus".

i'm still meditating though about the apple..

That sounds cool.

If you're not all about color, I've found some great ideas in old European emblem books that have the potential to translate well to skin. If you dig through them, you can find some really great stuff. For some reason I find a lot of inspiration here. Here's some cool shit and a link to a site the University of Illinois posted of a bunch of scanned emblem books:

This book has a lot of skulls!

Click "emblems" (in case anyone is retarded).

This one has a lot of cool ideas encapsuled in circles.

Main Database of Books

I'd get an eye on my back... just to watch it..

and also, i like visible tattoos, i got so used to mine, they are like clothes on my skin and i'd feel naked without them, like my soul would be :(

Francis the ants are sick, the simplicity is very tasteful imo.

Opinions on this for a smaller, more discreet tattoo somewhere not too visible?

acceptance-1.jpg

As in really "simples" and minimalistic tattoo, this is the first tattoo i ever got, the day of my 16th bday. (the picture was taken like 2-3 weeks ago though)

there's a big step between this and my other pieces. but i still love it as much as i did back then. maybe more.

it's a scar in my book of life :cool:

SATAN!!!

3353208985_04177a030a_o.jpg

i am and i will cast a spell on you (not love though), you will slowly feel your limbs tearing apart from your flesh and bones, gonna melt and intoxicate your soul!

be careful.

but eh, i know.

the first purpose was more as a continuity sign, as it's only one line.

sometimes, it's in the right way though..