Atelier LaDurance

Marcus

haha...retailer's battle....:rolleyes:

Following my 2 cents...stopped by several times at jeanspaleis....great guys, very friendly and helpful and they really now a lot about denim!!!Super great shop too and there collection is always up to date( since as the ALD brand owner they're from Holland)...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, have any of you tried to soak your ALD?? I've just got my royal pants, and I'm planning on soaking them so the stretch out in the waist a bit. Do you guys have any experience with this? How much it shrinks lengthwise and widthwise?(I have seen a thread somewhere about this a long time ago, but I'm not able to find it anymore)

I'm planning on putting them on while soaking them, is this a good idea?

Dave: Thanks! I was also hoping they would shrink a bit widthwise, ohwell.. Btw, do you also have the royal pants? Because I'm wondering if you're having problems with the jeans getting under your shoes. I don't have that problem yet because the denim is till very stiff which prevents it.

Dave: Thanks! I was also hoping they would shrink a bit widthwise, ohwell.. Btw, do you also have the royal pants? Because I'm wondering if you're having problems with the jeans getting under your shoes. I don't have that problem yet because the denim is till very stiff which prevents it.

I've the classic Royal pant and the Royal pant selvage( discontinued) and yes the leg opening is wide...I just cuff them and don't care about the rest...

BTW, hang in there , because they don't fade easily IMO...

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I've never soaked one of my ALD pants ( denim is sanforized so don't expect much shrinking), but what I can tell you is that they'll stretch a lot !!

I soaked my RPS but it did not shrink much, maybe 1cm or so

Hey Sam,

Are you going to get your hands on some ALD Prescott or Fronteir 38's anytime soon?

Absolutely.

We will be seeing both the Prescott Darktone and Frontier Limitee in an order due to ship in the next couple weeks, and the Prescott Selvage will be coming begining of September. We ordered size 28 through 40.

We will also be getting more of all three colors of the Saddle Belts, the Japanese denim logo T-shirts and the new Lined Classic Jumper and the Prescott Jacket.

I'll post as soon as any of this arrives and as always we will take pre orders.

Hit me up here or call the store (608 250 0113) if you have any questions.

Absolutely.

We will be seeing both the Prescott Darktone and Frontier Limitee in an order due to ship in the next couple weeks, and the Prescott Selvage will be coming begining of September. .

Does this mean ALD made more of the Frontier Limitee? I had read on another board (either styleforum or mynudie) that only a small number were made. Regardless, I may have to order a second pair in my size. . .

Does anyone know where I can find better photos of both types of ALD belts? I want to better decide if I want the flat or grained belt.

Good pics of the belts here:

http://www.volls.de/shop/index.php?list=ATELIER

Be sure to select each belt and hit "zoom" for more photos. The photo of the grained belt (second page) appears a little lighter than mine does in person.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow these Jeans are out now Im amazed!

But I have a few questions

A) Are they sanfordized

B) What is the fit like compared to say Reg Ralf or 501's

C) Anyone know where I can cop these in the UK

D) Will I be struck by the crotch blowout of doom that has blighted many of my previous pairs

http://www.drytillyoudie.nl/atelierladurance/index.php

Never ordered from them, but they always seem to have all the newest models...

Yup, sanforized, almost zero shrinkage. The crotch on my Frontiers blew out on my 8 month old pair, but I wear my jeans pretty low which IMO supports crotch blowouts... But whatever, the denim is beautiful and streaky (but the selvage denim is probably different, never handled those) and if you're into the whole aesthetic of the brand, go get em. I can't comment on the fit of the prescots tho...