Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

is noir epices frederic malle as well? i cant seem to find contacts of paris shops, do you happen to have any idea? thanks.

Musc Ravageur is a very well composed scent, but its definitely a love it or hate it situation...the best thing to do is call one of their shops in Paris (or email them) and ask for a sample if you don't have the option of smelling it in person.

While you're there...give Noir Epices a shot...its very potent, but very unique.

is noir epices frederic malle as well? i cant seem to find contacts of paris shops, do you happen to have any idea? thanks.

Yes, its FM as well. There are a few Malle shops in Paris

37 Rue de Grenelle

21, Rue Mont Thabor

140, Avenue Victor Hugo

Their website says they carry at Skins Cosmetics in Amsterdam as well.

skin cosmetics was very helpful, I highly reccomend them.

picked up the musc ravageur, as I happened to pass directly by the shop on the way back from an appointment.

definitely in the love it catagory. incredible...

also got a sample of the noir epices, not as subtle, and definitely more spicey.

thanks again!

Yes, its FM as well. There are a few Malle shops in Paris

37 Rue de Grenelle

21, Rue Mont Thabor

140, Avenue Victor Hugo

Their website says they carry at Skins Cosmetics in Amsterdam as well.

skin cosmetics was very helpful, I highly reccomend them.

picked up the musc ravageur, as I happened to pass directly by the shop on the way back from an appointment.

definitely in the love it catagory. incredible...

also got a sample of the noir epices, not as subtle, and definitely more spicey.

thanks again!

That was quick! Did you try any other FM's? I'm a big fan of Angeliques Sous La Pluis...and Carnal Flower (not for the tame of heart).

I just ordered 10 samples from Luckyscent in my pursuit of a new fresh smell.

Comme des Garcons Series 2: Red - Sequoia

Comme des Garcons Series 3: Incense - Kyoto

Comme des Garcons - 2

Ulrich Lang New York - Anvers

FRANK los angeles - No. 3

Acqua di Biella - Baraja

Profumi di Pantelleria - Profumo di Pantelleria

Divine - L'homme sage

Geir Ness - Geir

Parfumerie Generale - L'eau Rare Matale

Have you tried any of these (well, besides the CdGs)?

OK. I need something for the coming winter. I don't wanna spend a huge amount as I'm unemplyed and trying to stay that way as long as possible. I'd like something that falls in line with my everyday look which is runs the gammet from Americaji to prep. Basically i wear jeans, red wings, sweatshirts, flannel or tee everyday. Any suggestions? I've always wore fresh cutrusy scents so maybe something a little different.

THANKS!

OK. I need something for the coming winter. I don't wanna spend a huge amount as I'm unemplyed and trying to stay that way as long as possible. I'd like something that falls in line with my everyday look which is runs the gammet from Americaji to prep. Basically i wear jeans, red wings, sweatshirts, flannel or tee everyday. Any suggestions? I've always wore fresh cutrusy scents so maybe something a little different.

THANKS!

Redwings and Flannel? Get yourself something woody... cedar always smells nice. Lumbajack steez

Just bought the new Lancome fragrance; Hypnose Homme

Its nothing outrageously new (familiar notes of vanilla, lavender) but Im enjoying it. I think it matches well with my skin type and will be good for summer. Besides, Clive Owen is the face of this one so thats something and the bottle is awesome.

any fragrances you know in particular>?

Woodsy - Terre D'Hermes, Rive Gauche (YSL), Navegar (L'Artisan), Vetiver (Guerlain), Sequoia/Harrisa (CDG), Sens et Bois (Different Co.)

Keys - report back on the Divine...supposed to be very nice. Rare Metal is very "licking a battery". Frank is nice...Sequoia is better. Ulrich has a nice bottle...not crazy about whats inside.

i know, it was meant to be. i emailed the store, they got back to me the next morning, and then i just happened to ride by the street on my bike, walked in...

i didnt try any of the others, but i will definitely go back. love the FM stuff.

That was quick! Did you try any other FM's? I'm a big fan of Angeliques Sous La Pluis...and Carnal Flower (not for the tame of heart).

i know, it was meant to be. i emailed the store, they got back to me the next morning, and then i just happened to ride by the street on my bike, walked in...

i didnt try any of the others, but i will definitely go back. love the FM stuff.

FM is one of the few niche companies that can compete with the big guys. Most think that the smaller the company, the more unique the scent, but as Luca Turin says, the big companies have the best of the best working for them, so they often come out with the most groundbreaking scents (although, with less freedom to do so).

Malle has most bases covered as fas as selection...they have the daring animalics, like MR, citrus, earthy, most of the big florals, and even a tropical scent....all from the biggest names in the business.

just got this one, have to say it's fucking amazing... i bought the Méchant Loup and the Bois Farine a while back, and this is the most striking/intriguing scent of the three.. cant get enough of l'artisan.

15238.jpg

just got this one, have to say it's fucking amazing... i bought the Méchant Loup and the Bois Farine a while back, and this is the most striking/intriguing scent of the three.. cant get enough of l'artisan.

15238.jpg

good choice, i got the tea for two and it's worked well... got some sample of the new cdg play scent and i think im gonna get a bottle of that too...

I've never had the chance to try Bois Farine...does it really smell like bread?

gimmegimme, i'm looking for something spicy and woodsy for fall/winter. i've read reviews on basenotes.com about the woodsy ones you mentioned earlier. terre d'hermes sounded like an excellent choice, what are your thoughts on it?

i'm looking for something in the realm of cdg palisander, but a little more dark.

any suggestions?

gimmegimme, i'm looking for something spicy and woodsy for fall/winter. i've read reviews on basenotes.com about the woodsy ones you mentioned earlier. terre d'hermes sounded like an excellent choice, what are your thoughts on it?

i'm looking for something in the realm of cdg palisander, but a little more dark.

any suggestions?

Terre D'Hermes is great...but I wouldn't say its spicy. If you want to spend some cash, try Poivre Saramacande by Hermes (only available at Hermes stores). If you want to spend even more cash, Rose Poivree by the different company is spicy, dark, and like nothing you'll have smelled before.

More budget-friendly options, Antaeus by Chanel...its leather...not really spicy, but definitely dark. Voleur de Rose by L'Artisan Parfumeur is very dark.

That's all that comes to mind right now.

any suggestions?

One more suggestion - Noir Epices by F. Malle.