Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

31Gryn87OZL._SL160_AA160_.jpg

Scrumptious.

I have to admit... I actually bought this:

5534328kn8.jpg

I was in need for some kind of purchase and ended up at a diesel store, got all crazy for the wallet-chain-with-frag-holder so I got the bronzy one. I don't mind the scent, it's an attempt for something super masculine summery citrus and lasts a frickin' long time. No big complaints personally, it seems to be a love it or hate it frag from basenotes reviews. I'm just moving on to try stuff that I'm gonna stick with for a long time, Diesel stuff usually ends up being discontinued so why bother. If anybody wants it I'd be willing to let it go (chain and two 1ml porta-sprays for $45), shiny box included.

That being said, would it be insulting/boring if I asked for any discussion on any mall-brand stuff? I am kinda-liking the lucky number 6 alot (+ I got some compliments which is super frickin' rare), but I understand if people think the brand's too tacky to bring up.

***edit***

just got Kenzoair today along with Lagerfield Photo and I am loving the topnotes with both of these. I can't wait to try them out this summer... also upon first impression I kind of think/hope kenzo would be nice in the fall/winter seasons as well.

for new yorkers:

Diptyque Paris

First-ever sample sale with discontinued candles, room sprays, burning essences, eaux de toilette, soaps, gels, and more for 50-90 percent off.

July 30-Aug. 1. Wed. & Thurs., 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; Fri., 10 a.m.-3 p.m.

11 E. 26th St., b/t Madison & Fifth Aves., ste. 600.

Current summer lineup:

Terre d'Hermes

Pour un Homme de Caron

Marc Jacobs Men

Givenchy Pi

Mugler Cologne

Dior Homme

Prada Amber pour Homme

I hate Pi (and MJ)...but otherwise, not a bad wardrobe! Mugler Cologne, Dior Homme and Pour un Homme are some of my all-time favourites.

On the recent blog entry:

Dane (you?) reffered to Jude Law as being a questionable Marketing face to a sporty male scent... then you said... "Would you want to smell like "Alfie"?"

:(

I wish he didn't ruin Alfie. I would like to smell like Michael Cain's "Alfie". Harumph.

On the recent blog entry:

Dane (you?) reffered to Jude Law as being a questionable Marketing face to a sporty male scent... then you said... "Would you want to smell like "Alfie"?"

:(

I wish he didn't ruin Alfie. I would like to smell like Michael Cain's "Alfie". Harumph.

I wish he didn't either, but he did. Crap movie, crap scent.

I have to say that Palisander is really growing on me.

At first I thought it was a bit too spicy? and reminded me of foreign food shops too much. But after it's burned in a while, the spiciness settles in just right and you get a bit of a flowery and woody smell, I think. There's a certain allure to it that keeps me coming back for another whiff. I need something citrusy though, since it seems like more of an evening/autumn scent? It's a tad too sophisticated for my 20 year old nose, but it's nice...I can't quite put my finger on why though. I don't think people my age will appreciate it as much D:

Idk, I really need to build up a collection of smellies. But I be getting some more Armani Night, since I don't think I've ever had a scent that tops that (to my nose anyhow)

CB's "Just Breathe," anyone?

It's all right, better than other CB's. It's a very green scent with that dirt/mossy quality of freshness to it. I would say either sex could wear it, but it does lean towards the fairer sex. I've heard Black March was good though, try that perhaps?

I hate Pi (and MJ)...but otherwise, not a bad wardrobe! Mugler Cologne, Dior Homme and Pour un Homme are some of my all-time favourites.

aah, you should see my autumn/winter collection.

I'm a sucker for gourmands, and a/w is the only time you can really wear them without the risk of phototoxicity and nasty sweat blends.

I've recently fell slave to niche scents from CdG and Christopher Brosius.

Word! I got there at 130pm. Line was ridiculously long but tame, so I went on line and just tested stuff as it moved... high school cafeteria style. I picked up perfumes: Tam Dao 200ml, Eau de Lierre 200ml candles: Marquis, Laurier. I got the candles sans the box and slightly used as a tester so they only charged me $10. The perfumes were the steal (literally too.. LOL). The scene, mid 20's women to married ones who go on affairs and cruises... not Barneys Warehouse Sale quality women. This reminded me of the Bodum sale, everything was wiped out...just as I predicted.

Anyone know what this is gonna smell like? or what are the base notes ?

http://helloblackbird.blogspot.com/2008/08/comme-des-garcons-cdg2-silver-words-pre.html

well... looks like it's going to be the original cdg2 fragrance only with new packaging - "...the original Comme des Garcons 2 pebble-shaped bottle has been lacquered in black to contain silver words of peace, freedom and love in several languages."

gimme gimme, the amount and frequency of updates on your site is commendable (you and mark). I love visiting it as much as I do thesartorialist and is one of the few fashion related blogs I consistently look forward to nowadays to widen my horizons. Keep it up man. I wish you would open up your reviews for comments though :)

gimme gimme, the amount and frequency of updates on your site is commendable (you and mark). I love visiting it as much as I do thesartorialist and is one of the few fashion related blogs I consistently look forward to nowadays to widen my horizons. Keep it up man. I wish you would open up your reviews for comments though :)

Thanks for the feedback! You actually can comment, but you have to click on the post to do so (still trying to figure out why you can't from the main page).