Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

I think I'm going to have to pull the trigger on CDG X Monicle. Tried it for a few days this weekend...such a fantastic scent, I'll be bathing in it all winter (no portugo).

I tried that (hinoki) when I as in London at DSM, that is really nice. I should have bought it... do it. The double branding makes it a little wanky, but its nice

Having a whole slew of thoughts lately all kinda different though connected in my mind through these past few weeks of trying out samples. Gonna separate everything with linez. Thanks for patience.

--------------------------------------------------

CDG (I know I know... I'll keep it short) Palisander, I like it. I like the complex and slightly schizophrenic mix of soapy, woody, and slightly spicy/incense smell... (though I can't identify the supposed chili, saffron, myrrh notes as distinctly). Anyways it opened my thoughts to soap smells. Have any other interesting suggestions that I could move to from CDG palisander Gimmegimme?

-----------------------------------------------------

Samples I have that I have available for swapping or available for like the shipping price (~$3), all are still in 80-90% full 1ml vials:

-Paesteum Rose (eau d'italie) - I couldn't get over the slightly sharp note and powdery smell of this rose frag. I heard a good review about it being a "true" and "fresh" rose scent, maybe on warm S/S days but it's not something I'd wear in the winter, and that's the kind of rose I'm looking for. That being said, it's slightly sweet, slightly spicy, thickly rosy in a way that my sisters and I agree fits a more classy female (i.e. it's refined and complex)... although I would find this very attractive and heady on humid summer night... but once again, I would prefer it on someone else's skin. Pretty good sillage.

-Un Jardin de Mediteran...(hermes) - I love the smell of fig here, it's not overwhelming but decidedly sharp. I love that it goes from a (to me) unisex floral opening to a slightly honeyed fig note that has traces of green in it. But within an hour it all dissappears... which I thought was fine at first because I like the idea of having a very subtle honey/fig/green and slightly woody (what i read the base notes to supposedly be) scent all day, but I went around after an hour and asked if people smelled anything and it was totally gone unless you put your nose firmly to the skin... I could see myself using this up like crazy if I bought it. Checked basenotes and it seems that sillage was very short on other people as well.

-M2 Black March (cb i hate...) - Frickin' love this scent. Others describe it better at basenotes, but I hastily describe it as a cool earthy green smell. I immediately loved it, but then... was perplexed about when to wear it. I mean, it's not something I'd like people to smell on me per-se (yet) nor would I want to smell it on someone else (yet). It's not stinky at all, in fact it brings me memories of a very distinct environment in my childhood. A dark blue morning, the air is of a light cool spring humidity and an invigoratingly strong (green but not suffocating) scent that screams of life. Damn this is an emotional experience... if I ever decide to buy this scent I'd probably use it to spray on myself right before my morning workout... also if they had a body wash or soap I'd use it.

-------------------------------------------------------

Some blindbuys/samples that I'm thinking of purchasing from fragrancenet.com that I wanna pass through y'all just in case people had any past experiences with it (and yes gimme, I've read your whole blog) :

-G.Beene Grey Flannel- I heard the sillage is long lasting and I hope it to be a proper introduction to an affordable chypre with super strong opening notes...

-Pierre Cardine pour homme - I heard it was spicy etc. some positive basenotes reviews :/

Haha, I know what this looks like... very late 70's/80's. Here's to attracting nostalgia from women and men in their 40's. Hopefully I won't smell cheap.

oh is that waht it is?

i was just snooping around in zozo and saw fragrance 1, 4, 5

Ya, they're roomsprays I think. You can still wear them, but they'll be quite strong, so go easy.

CDG (I know I know... I'll keep it short) Palisander, I like it. I like the complex and slightly schizophrenic mix of soapy, woody, and slightly spicy/incense smell... (though I can't identify the supposed chili, saffron, myrrh notes as distinctly). Anyways it opened my thoughts to soap smells. Have any other interesting suggestions that I could move to from CDG palisander Gimmegimme?

-G.Beene Grey Flannel- I heard the sillage is long lasting and I hope it to be a proper introduction to an affordable chypre with super strong opening notes...

-Pierre Cardine pour homme - I heard it was spicy etc. some positive basenotes reviews :/

Haha, I know what this looks like... very late 70's/80's. Here's to attracting nostalgia from women and men in their 40's. Hopefully I won't smell cheap.

In the general theme of Palisander - Sienne L'Hiver (Eau d'Italie); Dzonka (L'Artisan); L'Homme de Coeur (Divine); Oud Wood (Tom Ford); Poivre Samarcande (Hermes); MB03 (Biehl); Jubilation XXV (Amouage)

Grey Flannel is very nice, but VERY strong and a bit dated. Still worth it if you get it cheap...if you want something similar (but not as good), try Narciso Rodriguez.

Ya, they're roomsprays I think. You can still wear them, but they'll be quite strong, so go easy.

Are they any good? i've been curious about them as well. even for making my house smell nice. lol

Are they any good? i've been curious about them as well. even for making my house smell nice. lol

No idea...didn't smell them. They did package them and name them like regular colognes, which is strange...easy to confuse I'd imagine.

Whenever someone releases a roomspray/candle...a fragrance isn't far behind. I'm sure we'll see one shortly from APC.

i recently picked up some Bois 1920 Agrumi Amari di Sicilia from Bergdorf..its a nice scent for summer..anyone know any other really nice citrus fragrances? gimme?

i bought a bottle of eau sauvage by dior a couple of weeks back.. its pretty citrus-y but not very long lasting imo...

i bought a bottle of eau sauvage by dior a couple of weeks back.. its pretty citrus-y but not very long lasting imo...

I love Eau Sauvage. Not the longest lasting as you said, but still worth it. You can expect a citrus to last all day (usually). My other fav's would be Bergamote by The Different Company, Chanel's Eau de Cologne, and Hermes' Eau d'Orange Verte.

i was walking through holt renfrew the other day, and i decided to try on some of that 'clean' stuff...I forget which one I tried, but I ended up smelling like a dryer sheet all afternoon. I smelled some of the others and they were sufficiently tacky, in my opinion. ick.

i was walking through holt renfrew the other day, and i decided to try on some of that 'clean' stuff...I forget which one I tried, but I ended up smelling like a dryer sheet all afternoon. I smelled some of the others and they were sufficiently tacky, in my opinion. ick.

They're fucking horrible. One of the worst perfume lines ever. Overpriced dish detergent.

Next time you're at Holt's, check out Etat Libre d'Orange. They usually have a big jar of samples sitting with the display as well.

They're fucking horrible. One of the worst perfume lines ever. Overpriced dish detergent.

Next time you're at Holt's, check out Etat Libre d'Orange. They usually have a big jar of samples sitting with the display as well.

they're pretty hideous, eh? I was in the rogers store with cinderella and I kept getting whiffs of it, but I had forgotten that I had put it on. When I discovered it was me she said, "UGH, is that YOU that stinks like a bounty sheet??"

I checked out black orchid by tom ford, i don't think i like it at all. but i'll have to try it on to know for sure.

I'll check out etat libre d'orange next time! :) even though i need more perfume like i need a hole in the head

they're pretty hideous, eh? I was in the rogers store with cinderella and I kept getting whiffs of it, but I had forgotten that I had put it on. When I discovered it was me she said, "UGH, is that YOU that stinks like a bounty sheet??"

I checked out black orchid by tom ford, i don't think i like it at all. but i'll have to try it on to know for sure.

I'll check out etat libre d'orange next time! :) even though i need more perfume like i need a hole in the head

ditto..but I still like smelling them anyway.

black orchid was said to be formulated to smell like man-crotch.

just got my dolce and gabbana pour homme i ordered in the mail today (my first cologne), i'm not sure what i think of the smell as i really have no experience with cologne at all. i probably should have gone to the mall and tried different stuff but w/e, all i've heard is that the ladies love D&G :cool:

those ladies have chlamydia

Apparently the (poorly dressed) people here believe I will stop posting or change my opinions due to these red boxes but I will continue to post what I want, when I want. It doesn't falter me.

^ how did you get so much neg rep with only 10 posts???

Apparently the (poorly dressed) people here believe I will stop posting or change my opinions due to these red boxes but I will continue to post what I want, when I want. It doesn't falter me.

This is how, Gimme. Right here. The trick is to be a complete shit.

Ha...funny. Normally I'm one for the underdog and help to get them out of the red, but no pity can get rid of 7 boxes.

If everyone here is so "poorly dressed", why would you even want to post?

haha agentJ came out of red when he was like 7 boxes!