skins

junglejane

Has anyone seen this show? as soon as i saw the trailer I started downloading episodes. It's very real, meaning it portrays how kids act from a kids' perspective rather than an adult point of view (the OC). I am hooked.

(i wasn't able to embed. help?)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah as i live in the UK it is pretty much essential viewing :D, btw it gets a LOT better as the series goes on, epsiode 8 - which is about effy is brilliant.

I don't suppose you'll ever get it over there in the states, what with all the sex and drugs and your studpily repressive media, which is a shame because its a brilliantly funny and surprisingly complex drama. Easily the best show on British Tv scince series 3 of Battlestar, though sadly the first series just finished.. still we have doctor who now (and presumably a new series of torchwood- which is a doctor who spinoff with lesbian zombies) to tide us over.

Bittorrent FTW

yeah as i live in the UK it is pretty much essential viewing :D, btw it gets a LOT better as the series goes on, epsiode 8 - which is about effy is brilliant.

i just finished watching ep8 ...hah... it was good--but i think the best one i've seen so far is the episode about Chris (ep 4). i'm not sure how much i would believe this is realistic for most british youth, but...uh. i can see how it's realistic for a few there and a few over here in the states minus the nurave fashions--at least here in Chicago...thankgoodness.

anyway, the series uses that Gossip remix way too much. it got annoying real fast.

Guest itsmeJT
Has anyone seen this show? as soon as i saw the trailer I started downloading episodes. It's very real, meaning it portrays how kids act from a kids' perspective rather than an adult point of view (the OC). I am hooked.

(i wasn't able to embed. help?)

it's very real? lol.

every scene is farcical, they try to sensationalise every moment. half of the shit you're watching, if you watch in real life wouldn't be interesting, but they force it into the show anyway and i just find it insulting that we're meant to think that is cool or something, those parts are not entertaining. an example of this is when cassie goes around being her different(!!!1) self, not eating, not hanging around with friends just being 'weird'

it's meant to be somewhat realistic and it is, but there's too much shit going on in each episode, it's retarded.

the show is far too event based, it would be a much stronger show if it focused more on the social/emotional interactions instead of literally every episode having 'something wacky and kerRaZEy' happening. e.g someone getting fucking run over or crazy drug dealers/substitute teachers (!!!111)

not saying i don't find it interesting to watch, just that it's a load of shit

if you like this maybe you'll like an earlier channel 4 production called sugar rush, about teenage lesbians, it was also shockingly poor

well, I finished the first season in 1 1/2 days... some of the jokes and plot twists were very predictable, but it got a few laughs out of me

now I'm really curious about other British shows... I've seen the UK version of The Office (doesn't really do it for me) and I remember watching Phoenix Nights in my hotel room when I visited London, which I thought was hilarious at the time. I'm almost tempted to download the show Shameless, which was done by the same people as Skins... any other suggestions?

it's very real? lol.

every scene is farcical, they try to sensationalise every moment. half of the shit you're watching, if you watch in real life wouldn't be interesting, but they force it into the show anyway and i just find it insulting that we're meant to think that is cool or something, those parts are not entertaining. an example of this is when cassie goes around being her different(!!!1) self, not eating, not hanging around with friends just being 'weird'

it's meant to be somewhat realistic and it is, but there's too much shit going on in each episode, it's retarded.

the show is far too event based, it would be a much stronger show if it focused more on the social/emotional interactions instead of literally every episode having 'something wacky and kerRaZEy' happening. e.g someone getting fucking run over or crazy drug dealers/substitute teachers (!!!111)

not saying i don't find it interesting to watch, just that it's a load of shit

if you like this maybe you'll like an earlier channel 4 production called sugar rush, about teenage lesbians, it was also shockingly poor

yeah couldnt have said it better myself, naff sensationalising c4 stuff just washes over me - sugar rush is very similar, so is shameless. Its like watching a naff soap/pop promo hybrid.

good british tv would be - the office, extras, phoenix nights, planet earth , the trap ( adam curtis documentary ), these few progammes really justify the tv licence, about 99% of programming doesnt.

whats with the strange panto series on US tv, my name is earl, ugly betty, desperate housewives, all just so full of cliches and characteurs it really feels like some surreal simplistic panto is being played out. Pah!

• 1 year later...

I have been watching this on and off, maybe season 2 just finished...the one where it started back up after that dood got toasted by a bus when talking on the phone. I was fascinated by that main girls really weird nose and the other blond girls bugs bunny teeth.

I have been watching this on and off, maybe season 2 just finished...the one where it started back up after that dood got toasted by a bus when talking on the phone. I was fascinated by that main girls really weird nose and the other blond girls bugs bunny teeth.

season 2 was over a while back.

i dont really like this show all that much but somehow i've seen both season 1 and 2. it's probably the accent. plus, they do play some cool music (and that one time they got crystal castles to play on the show and that was the first time i actually heard their stuff)

i prolly wont watch the 3rd one though. the short teaser after the 2nd finale was abit iffy...