What bands are cool now?

MilSpex

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest StuckOnStupid
This "Elvis Presley" has gotten everyone's hips shaking with his devil voodoo hoodoo music lately.

also these kids have got tailfeathers wagging....

archies1.jpg

... deerhunter from the US (shitty name, I know, but their new album is great)......

I love Deerhunter. I saw them at SXSW over spring break and they are coming to where I live this weekend. Awesome music.

Grizzly Bear, Klaxons, Death From Above, The Black Lips, Animal Collective....those are just a few bands off the top of my head.

If we're talking about straight up, no bullshit rock I'm going to have to give a wholehearted referral to Torche. They're quite hard to describe, like QOTSA's Songs For The Deaf on complete overdrive. I saw them supporting Baroness and this gang of hairy ugly old men blew the fucking roof off.

Check out the band Dirty Pretty Things. I think you'll be into their shit.

Urgh. I can't believe the Cooper Temple Clause's bass player quit to join that piece of shit band. I can see why, as it probably pays the bills better than spending 3 years pissing around and not releasing a new album.

DPT = Libertines minus the wit and songwriting.

Babyshambles = Libertines minus the ability to play for 2 minutes without getting mashed and fucking up.

Its hard to find anything that's straight up anymore.

Tapes 'n Tapes - The Loon: Guitar, bass and drums. Verse, chorus, verse; no gimmicks, no surprises. A great album despite their awfully ungainly name.

Black Eyes - Black Eyes: This is closer to the realm of ATDI and the more thrashy-grungy side of Dinosaur Jr.

edit: i second blood brothers, but stay the fuck away from animal collective, they're worlds away from straight up rock.