High quality T-shirts - where did you go?

XzifT

my favorite tshirts for the price are the banana republic slim shirts...they fit right and last a long time. ive got a couple that are going on three years without losing their shape. dont hate, give them a try. uniqlo shirts are good too. i also have a sire of tate tshirt that has held up really well but i dont know what brand it's printed on.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it's 50% cotton, 50% polyester. The thinking is you get the best of both worlds, the breathability and softness of cotton plus the shape retention and durability of the synthetic polyester. Hope this helps TIP and sorry for jumping in Serge.

synthi: thanks!

i'm kind of wondering what sort of cotton is used in loopwheeled yarns. i know that LW uses zimbabwean cotton (?) at the moment, but what about the older loopwheeled tees? i presume it's american cotton, but would there be a significant difference between using, say conventional short-staple cottons vs extra-long staples (pima, egyptian, etc)?

What I look for in shirts is the opposite of how most shirt companies what to make them. I like them to fade, thin out, and conform to the body. Most modern shirts are colorfast and too thick IMHO. Those old rock shirts from the 80's are usually 50/50 and look great when they are beat to hell. It wasn't till the mid to late 80's when clothing to a major downturn, particularly in t-shirts and sweatshirts by adopting colorfast dyes and heavier fabrics. Anyone agree?

based on my price perceptions, those Loopwheelers exceed even something like Jomons for jeans or Lobbs for boots. I tend to fuck up t-shirts quickly though so I try not spend so much.

I like my t-shirts slightly slim, but not exactly fitted except in the shoulders, and pits, with short sleeves. Muji makes nice grey heather t-shirts, I bought a 2-pack that had one grey, one black for like $10 last week, and tagless at the neck too, which I like. They look better after a days wear, with some wrinkles and a sleeve cuff or two rolling up on itself, looking a bit rumpled.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...