Self Edge x Iron Heart

kiya

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I've looked on this thread from time to time, thinking, "SExIH? With the Dior 21 cut? 21 oz denim? That's nice..." Having never actually seen or felt 21oz denim, or seen a pair of Dior 21s in the flesh, I suppose all this hubbub over USD385 dollar jeans was just mildly interesting. Now that I've actually seen these freaking things actually worn by someone... Oaw man!!!

If you dig how they look in the pics, wait until you put a pair on. I definitely did not expect 21 oz. to feel so good when I tried on IH's other products at Self Edge. At first I thought to myself these things were too soft to be jeans. :)

Hey, let's just ask the Kiyyyyster: you doing phone orders on this sucker? I'm noticing people asking for others to do pickups... so does this fall under the same allowances for the usual business, i.e. phone orders and free int'l shipping? :)

I'm sure that'll clear things up with people who aren't in the Bay Area.

Hey, let's just ask the Kiyyyyster: you doing phone orders on this sucker? I'm noticing people asking for others to do pickups... so does this fall under the same allowances for the usual business, i.e. phone orders and free int'l shipping? :)

I'm sure that'll clear things up with people who aren't in the Bay Area.

Yeah, no phone orders..

Have somebody pick up a pair for you if you're not local, there's quite a few SuFu peoples coming in that day..

I wonder if there will really be a line at SE on drop day. Doesn't seem like something hypebeasts will jump over because neither SE nor IH are hyped much so I doubt there'll be enough street cred for most hypebeasts to justify the cost. They're also a slimmer fit than what most kids wear these days no?

I remember when the Methamphibian x In4mation x DC sneaker dropped. There were only 40 pairs made but they didn't sell well. I'm sure if it was Nike, it would have sold out in minutes. Maybe if the jeans were a SExNBHD collab there'd be a line.

I have to say that this making it to all the hype blogs is a turn off for me. But I'm sure Kiya's loving it!

wtf, how did they find pic #3 and 5? I don't think I've released them anywhere, only Kiya and I have seen them...

edit: kiya gave them some extra pics, nice...

wtf, how did they find pic #3 and 5? I don't think I've released them anywhere, only Kiya and I have seen them...

edit: kiya gave them some extra pics, nice...

Yeah, David from High Snobiety emailed us asking for a few more photos than what the other fashion blogs had posted..

I doubt it will sell out the first day, or a huge line.

$400 is nothing to sneeze at, and you have to undersand, unlike Jordans, jeans have ZERO reseller value. I dont remember the last time any japan repro got retail on ebay. So no resellers - that cuts your line down to about 1/10th right there. Also there are 100 pairs, which is alot. Moving 40k in one day, that would be surprising :D

Still, I'll be there!

this is awesome for kiya.

and i love how they say "colorways" when they describe it.

just curious kiya, did you do a press release? and if this does well (which i fully expect it too) will you be doing larger runs in the future (seximperial, sexsugarcane)?

job well done man.

and japanese denim doesnt sell for more than retail because it fairly easy just to by it retail. not saying these are going to be resold in mass quantities but im sure it will happen. probably on here in fact.

i really hate to part with these but they are too big/small and i need $$$ etc...

I wonder if there will really be a line at SE on drop day. Doesn't seem like something hypebeasts will jump over because neither SE nor IH are hyped much so I doubt there'll be enough street cred for most hypebeasts to justify the cost. They're also a slimmer fit than what most kids wear these days no?

I don't know...The overlap between hypebeast/sneaker culture and denim culture even now seems fairly common, and growing more so every day. For example, so many SuFu members already sport trendy, streetwear gear & kicks (SB's, etc.) with their japanese denims in their WDYWT pics. Kiya himself foresaw the immediate future of the denim community as attracting more sneakerheads; as the latter craze loses momentum (aka hype). I worry that this release (as penis-engorgingly beautiful as these jeans are) will constitute the warning shot of that shift (as evidenced by its being picked up by assorted hype-y blogs) and that the demand will be surprisingly and unfortunately more crazed than this forum predicts. Never mind that, aren't we all kind of hybeasts?

Of course, I'm only bitter because they're now being released on the one weekend my parents are visiting LA and (I'm not so ungrateful) I had to scratch my plans to drive to SF and buy them...

i think kiya informed slamxhype et. all.

I wouldn't have expected any less for a savvy business man. Think about it, inform the hype boards and don't sell anything online or over the phone for the first week. That means that you may get a huge line and bring a lot of attention to your business.

If he makes the SExIH available over the Net or by phone, most would go to SuFu'ers and he wouldn't be expanding his customer base and would be missing out on free PR.

By doing it this way, he'll sell more stuff, not just SExIHs and can also cross sell the customers to his shoe store for cool kicks.

That's what I would do if I was Kiya.

A little update..

The 25 black pairs have fallen behind, they don't arrive until four days after the release, you can still purchase a black pair and they'll be mailed to you free of charge when they arrive a few days after the release.

The sizing will run exactly like the blue version.

We'll have a sample of what Iron Heart Black Overdyed denim looks like for those curious as to how the actual denim will look when the Black version of the SEXIH arrives.

Dammit i have to pay $1000 for dorms on April 1st college is a real drag... but i will be there on the 31st to check them out. worst case scenario i get booted from housing but with a big ass smile on my face.

kiya, my 634S is a 31... should i get a 31 for the colab?

I wear 634S in 29 and I can only do 2 buttons on the 29 SExIH, just FYI... I'd get 32 or even 33, depending on how big your ballz are...