the most underrated mc? big l rest in peace...

What's this muthafuckin rap game without L?

/Yo, that's like jewels without ice/

That's like China without rice/

Or the Holy Bible without Christ/

Or the Bulls without Mike/

Or crackheads without pipes/

The Village without dykes/

Or hockey games without fights

I was definitely gonna post this, "You can't kill me, I was Born Dead..." - Big L RIP

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great punchline rapper but is definately overrated to me. yes he was a top MC but when i hear people saying he was the GOAT then people are going a bit overboard.

most underated rapper to me would be Black Thought

ok... now imagine if black thought had been killed before do you want more came out.

and i dont think L was the greatest of all time, but he had the potential to be in the top 5.

Guest StuckOnStupid
underated mc's list:

aceyalone , motion man, e-40

how the fuck is e-40 underrated? dude is rich and famous, the fuck are you talkin about?

motion man just isnt very good.

and aceyalone is a guy you read about and think you might, listen to for 10 minutes, then go get a sandwich or something, make a phone call maybe.

Promotion. He's got an album dropping with a single that only BARELY gets played on Hot 97 and no other promotional efforts to speak of.

Black Thought truely is the most underrated MC.

very true, magnificent flow. has been on top of his game since ' 93. legendary.

black thought is a highly OVERrated mc in my opinion. yr boy has many shortcomings that i can't overlook.

what shortcomings are you referring to? And how can a MC that gets little respect outside of his fanbase be overrated? Are you saying his fans are overrating him?

Yes........

This is interesting. What are his faults?

The Roots Come Alive is one of the best recordings I've ever heard. So good, that I cant listen to a Roots studio album the same way. Everything they release should be live.

Why is it that Canibus gets ridiculed and hasn't sold too well? I have his first 2 CDs and I thought his style was superb.

I don't read any US hip hop/rap magazines, so this is information that I should know but don't.

Big L is most def a champ...regarding hiphop artists that have passed, he often gets forgetten...everyone always leaves him off the "RIP" list...

Del - during the No Need For Alarm days was very unappreciated in my opinion...not on of the greatest ever, but def an mc that had lyrics and flow...dude can mash up any sort of beat...

J-Live - doesn't always pick the best beats (has the same problem as Nas on this one) to flow over, but you have to respect his skills...

Buckshot - prob does'nt deserve to be on any list, but on that track "Slave", man...homie straight killed it...not to mention his verse on Crooklyn Dodgers

Masta Ace - i'm still pissed Slautahouse only got three mics in the Source when it dropped...lyrics on that album were vicious...and he ripped it on Disposable Arts...

Asheru...dope mc...nuff said...

ok... now imagine if black thought had been killed before do you want more came out.

and i dont think L was the greatest of all time, but he had the potential to be in the top 5.

yeh i can see what you're saying. Potentially could of been top 5 to u, and to an extent agree although imo he would of never hit the levels of Rakim, Nas, KRS etc, talking about his potential is cool

was just mentioning the GOAT thing as i have seen a LOT of people say he was the GOAT.

BTW love his 95 Freestlye with Jay Z. was just playing that earlier today. sick song.

another underated MC would have to be O.C to me. guy just emodies 90's NY Hip Hop.

Jewelz and World Life both fantastic album.

although i haven't been overly impressed with his last few albums (Smoke and Mirrors and Starchild)