Movies that Make You Tear Up

kauflust

grave of the fireflies

410_VPBX-12482_0_1.jpg

the cover of this movie should be a HUGE warning like we have on our cigarettes. i'm pretty sure the moment i was the most depressed in my life was right after i saw that one.

for me

-life is beautiful (don't know if it's the right english title, but the ww2 Roberto Benigni movie)

-titanic (well, i was still young when i saw it)

but the worst was this french canadian movie called La guerre des tuques (the hats war), i first saw this movie when i was 5 or something and it's a really cool kids movie about some kids in rural quebec spending their christmas vacation building forts in the snow and having a war at in the end, the really cute dog of one of the kids die, so sad. my mom said i cried for like 2 days after seing the movie, even now thinking about it is making my eyes watery...

http://imdb.com/title/tt0087373/

the cover of this movie should be a HUGE warning like we have on our cigarettes. i'm pretty sure the moment i was the most depressed in my life was right after i saw that one.

for me

-life is beautiful (don't know if it's the right english title, but the ww2 Roberto Benigni movie)

-titanic (well, i was still young when i saw it)

but the worst was this french canadian movie called La guerre des tuques (the hats war), i first saw this movie when i was 5 or something and it's a really cool kids movie about some kids in rural quebec spending their christmas vacation building forts in the snow and having a war at in the end, the really cute dog of one of the kids die, so sad. my mom said i cried for like 2 days after seing the movie, even now thinking about it is making my eyes watery...

http://imdb.com/title/tt0087373/

animals dying in a movie = weep.

i care more about animals than i care about people sometimes.

since you listed 2 of the movies i listed, now i have to watch la guerre des tuques next time i feel like listening to sade and morrissey on repeat.

animals dying in a movie = weep.

i care more about animals than i care about people sometimes.

since you listed 2 of the movies i listed, now i have to watch la guerre des tuques next time i feel like listening to sade and morrissey on repeat.

apparentely, in english, it's called the dog who stopped the war. good luck find it though.

i know what you mean about animal though, i also feel the same way. you know what, i want to correct my list, Nankyoku Monogatari is the fucking saddest movie ever made (the japanese movie about the dogs a science team leave in antartica, Disney made a poor remake last year). that movie is the biggest tearjerker ever...

just remembered a few more

-the virgin suicides (more disturbing than sad, but still)

-Hana-bi (too many of takeshi kitano's movies have ppl dying, crazy story)

-the pianist (and all holocaust movie in general)

apparentely, in english, it's called the dog who stopped the war. good luck find it though.

i know what you mean about animal though, i also feel the same way. you know what, i want to correct my list, Nankyoku Monogatari is the fucking saddest movie ever made (the japanese movie about the dogs a science team leave in antartica, Disney made a poor remake last year). that movie is the biggest tearjerker ever...

just remembered a few more

-the virgin suicides (more disturbing than sad, but still)

-Hana-bi (too many of takeshi kitano's movies have ppl dying, crazy story)

-the pianist (and all holocaust movie in general)

thank you for remembering that one, that IS the saddest movie! it originally came out in the theatres when i was about 5 or 6, and my parents had to eject me from the theatre because i was crying so hard.

+grave of the fireflies

+ET

+pretty woman (shut up)

+braveheart

+lion king

+il postino

+life is beautiful

Life is Beautiful was very teary, especially the last scene when Joshua says that this move was dedicated to his father....

Casualties of War was also sad, which Michael J. Fox and Sean Penn...I was pretty young and couldn't comprehend the atrocities in Vietnam...one of the first movies I remember really bothering me...

I'm sensitive. A lotta flicks make me shed a tear. But some that I remember for sure ..

Better Luck Tomorrow

What scene? I need to see this movie again. Don't remember it being that sad....

OH! just remembered another one that never fails to set me off -

The scene near the end of "The life Aquatic with steve Zissou" when they're all in the

submarine and shark shows up. There's gotta be something subliminal in that

Sigur Ros track, right?

co sign on this plus rushmore and the royal ts as well. it is the music he uses.

also iron giant makes me cry everytime.

plus legends of the fall

shindlers list (i wept openly)

amelie

empire of the sun

of course ET

braveheart (..freedoooom!!)

return of the king

big fish

edward scissorhands

more recently...

brokeback mountain

pans laberinthe

children of men

black snake moan (the blues baby...)

united 93 (this messed me up for a bit)

the fountain

bridge to terabithia

batman begins (plus tears of joy 'cause it was sooo good to finally have a good batman film)

eternal sunshine

this thread is making me tear up right fucking now.

movies make me cry. also, books, music, and art to a lesser extent but the one two combo of images+music in film really gets me.

a book that really left me really emotional was lunarpark. fathers and sons.

Guest StuckOnStupid

The Devil & Daniel Johnston

not so much in the actual film, but in the DVD extras when he's reunited with the funeral girl after 26 years...well, that was the key that released my tears from eye-jail.

Guest StuckOnStupid

and oh yeah, anyone who is like animals>people...is a fucking pussy and a wretch.

seriously tho, are you an 8 year old girl? have you ever seen someone die or get killed before?

ever eaten a hamburger or worn a pair of shoes?

geddafggouddahere. fuck animals. they are made of meat, shoe leather, and coat material.

and oh yeah, anyone who is like animals>people...is a fucking pussy and a wretch.

seriously tho, are you an 8 year old girl? have you ever seen someone die or get killed before?

ever eaten a hamburger or worn a pair of shoes?

geddafggouddahere. fuck animals. they are made of meat, shoe leather, and coat material.

in terms of chances of me crying,

if we are talking about real life, then:

my family and my dog > humans (that i actually care about) > animals in general > humans (that i don't care about)

but in the world of 2D movies.... for me, it's definitely:

animals > humans