what are you eating today?

soepom

There is a place in JC called White Manna, Notesee had that shit with me and it's bananas. Way better than WC and open 24/7 plus at night it's all hookers and pimps in there. You have to come out for the Jersey meetup to try it.

I've heard some serious shit about White Manna. There's a slider joint near me in Red Hook called Schnack that's pretty on point too. Hookers and pimps they don't have, but beer shakes they do.

^ fine work, good sir.

the best part about those things is that they practically come pre-digested. it's like adult baby food but without the nutrients.

ps - i haven't had white castle in at least a year, i gotta check to see if there are in brooklyn in areas that won't result in me getting mugged.

there's one in east williamsburg/bushwick area. pretty safe. at least during the day.

i went to school in upstate new york and used to hit up a local kennedy fried chicken for my late night drunken jamaican beef patty fix. one night some bum rolled in, drunk off his ass, with a goddam sword and started waving it around while shouting at everyone. cops came in, dragged him out and probably beat him half to death in some alley.

anyway, few days later they implemented one of them glass joints. i can honestly say that nothing makes you feel sleazier than paying for grape soda in quarters through a glass window.

For the bacon ice cream, i would say make your creme anglaise and in a seperate pan cook the bacon to your desired doneness, and then dry the bacon with paper towel. And while the bacon and anglaise are still hot mix them together and let them infuse for an hour or so, then strain out the bacon and then add to the ice cream machine.

But on second thought, the creme anglaise is usually made up of yolks+sugar and hot milk or cream. You could render a bunch of bacon fat and mix that into the yolks and sugar and emulsify them together then add the hot milk. Damn I wish I had an ice cream maker, cause I want to experiment. At my work we make a cinnamon bun ice cream. Which tastes like actual cinnamon buns, I'm amazed how we get the dough flavour in the ice cream.

i recommend letting the bacon infuse, dont dry on a towel because you want the flavor in the fat. using just the fat, you wont get enough bacon flavor. one of our popular desserts is bread pudding w/ bacon creme anglaise

Thanks for the advice. I've been busy so I haven't gotten around to trying a batch yet.

My roommate had what I think is a pretty stellar idea:

Make the creme anglaise with a very tiny amount of maple syrup, and then adding a liberal amount of bacon towards the end of the churning.

Opinions?

Also, mind if I ask what restaurant you work at?

There is a place in JC called White Manna, Notesee had that shit with me and it's bananas. Way better than WC and open 24/7 plus at night it's all hookers and pimps in there. You have to come out for the Jersey meetup to try it.

these burgers are killer, leagues above white castle

though i love both, im partial to the spin-off manna in hackensack

the sliders there seem juicier and onion-ier

for my part i just tore through a box of specialty mochi my friend christine brought back from flushing

n512480539_566631_6392.jpg

there is nothing like the black sesame filled sort from yee mei fong

i am covered with rice flour and unashamed

these burgers are killer, leagues above white castle

though i love both, im partial to the spin-off manna in hackensack

the sliders there seem juicier and onion-ier

for my part i just tore through a box of specialty mochi my friend christine brought back from flushing

n512480539_566631_6392.jpg

there is nothing like the black sesame filled sort from yee mei fong

i am covered with rice flour and unashamed

where in flushing is this?

i just had some awesome 'comfort food' i made myself some chicken nugget sandwiches. so bad yet so good, lettuce, tomato, onions, little bit of cheese, hot sauce and chicken nuggets on potato bread.

called the macdelivery for breakfast some days ago:

wayet0114cx7.jpg

out for lunch at a thai place

wayet0115adq7.jpg

thai fried kway teow with braised ribs + thai lemon grass tea

later that day:

wayet0115bgj6.jpg

mushroom soup

wayet0115cyj0.jpg

bitter orange with peach tea

wayet0115dnn9.jpg

warm valhrona chocolate cake

with a girl friend the following day's lunch:

wayet0116ys3.jpg

customary lo hei with raw fish, shredded carrot and green radish, and assorted condiments.

wayet0116arg6.jpg

so you toss the salad for good luck, and say auspicious greetings as you do so.

wayet0116bcw3.jpg

wayet0116cjg5.jpg

dim sum was not bad but we were stuffed from the big plate of lo hei. imagine 2 girls my size finishing all the above.

Dinner at my favourite blue and yellow place:

wayet0116dsp3.jpg