what are you eating today?

soepom

I finally get a home-cooked meal prepared by Daddo's.

P1040359.jpg

Fish (red snapper) curry, fried tofu and dark sauce with chillies served with piping hot rice.

And for dinner...

P1040367.jpg

P1040368.jpg

P1040369.jpg

P1040372.jpg

Who would've thought one could fine good, cheap pasta in a hawker centre?! We had Spaghetti Ham Olio, beef stroganoff with pasta, fish and chips and finally, the sugee (semolina) cookie I'd been craving since Felix's post the other time...

mum: "today nothing much, we eat simple simple okay?"

and this is what she comes up with....

wayet0606aov8.jpg

multi grain rice, miso soup, unagi, lotus salad, cold tofu with stewed beef, chawan mushi.

i forget that my standard far differs from that of my mum's.

its been awhile but damn....the curry looks fucking awesome!!! shit!!!!

I finally get a home-cooked meal prepared by Daddo's.

P1040359.jpg

Fish (red snapper) curry, fried tofu and dark sauce with chillies served with piping hot rice.

Hmm....Just got back from Croatia + 2 road trips, back to back.

Will post pics of me foodies soon before I leave next monday for portugal! haha... if im not too lazy. :cool:

hehehe.... i know i know... i eat so well, it's just not right. even i feel embarassed sometimes over how well fed i am. :P

that said, the feastin is going to last just one more week before i have to start work in the day time, and my mum ends her vacation. so no more home-cooked meals for a long time to come when that happens... :( it'll be up to you guys to up the stakes in here and keep the thread fresh!

but till then, lunch today:

wayet0607ans2.jpg

lamb kebab and cranberry baked rice, with turkish apple tea and experimental red wine jelly.

the jelly was potent stuff. consistency was a little stiff, but nevertheless a fun way of consuming your alcohol (then again, when is alcohol not fun?). and boy does it hit you fast - 'cos it's so yummy you down it quick.

had SUCH a good food day today

-chicken and corn soup for breakfast

-belgian waffle with nuttela for lunch (before an exam, felt I was going to fail so not very hungry)

-indian for dinner home-delivered from a restaurant: tandoori chicken, yoghurt sauce, pumpkin curry, some other curry with beef

Recent Roadtrip to Croatia...

Zadar: some stuff we ate there at a restaurant.

Grilled Scampi, Fried Calamares, Lamb Steak, Fries, Some croatian mix meat stuff which is a tat too salty.

There's this reddish thing that looks like ketchup which they call it 'Ajvar'... made with paprika n peppers etc...super awesome man!!! eat it with anything!

52580332_o.jpg

52580339_o.jpg

52580351_o.jpg

52580359_o.jpg

52580515_o.jpg

in Split, the restaurant that was sooo hard to find...

3 of us ate like 2 meals at one go... cost only like 20 pounds each!

Frog Stew

52580598_o.jpg

52581003_o.jpg

Seafood Risotto

52580609_o.jpg

Fish Puree Soup

52580620_o.jpg

Scampi Risotto

52580633_o.jpg

Seafood Pasta

52580652_o.jpg

Pasta Carbonara with Truffles (Apparently it costs like 2 - 4euros per gram of truffle, was very nice though)

52581177_o.jpg

Not shown,

Seafood mix grilled fish kebabs with fresh scallops, mussels, clams etc

Monk Fish wrapped in Bacon + Butter rice

Lastly, in Omis at our apartment

Self cooked meal of 1kg of scampi, octopus, squid EACH plus 500gm of rump steak and another 500gm of lamb steak plus 1 freshly caught fish bought directly from the fishing boat and veggies from market in another nearby town. Oh, not forgetting the ever required Heineken beer!!!

52581291_o.jpg

52581342_o.jpg

52581388_o.jpg

52581423_o.jpg

As you can see, three guys managed to finish all those shit in 1 day! hahaaa...fucking awesome man!!! plus cigars after the meal to wash it off together with more BEER!!! coolios..

not sure 'bout your friends baladoongdoong...but that food looks mighty sexxxaaaayyyyyyy! :rolleyes: i wanna go to croatia now.

jaypee - that's one MASSIVE steak!!!!

whizkit - props for old skool wafer ice cream. i prefer the raspberry vanilla swirl flavour though.

my mum wanted fast food. and this is her favourite:

wayet0607byo6.jpg

the green curry shrimp (right at the top) saved the day. it looks like ordinary deep-fried bread-crumbed prawn, but it's actually got some green curry paste and if you're lucky, tiny bits of lemon grass stuffed inside. nice.

i still prefer MOS burger's butterfly prawns though.

wayet0608asl4.jpg

wayet0608bxp1.jpg

a variation of the common pyramidical ones:

jumbo rice dumpling - glutinous rice with chunks of roast duck and roast pork, chinese sausages, chestnuts, gingko nuts, salted egg yolk and dried shrimp; wrapped and steamed in bamboo leaves.

an aromatic dish, with a strong piece of chinese history.

Pandemonium yeah my mum is really big on making her food look as sexy as it tastes - i'm not complaining of course!

whizkit looks like your shirt had a good time... mmmm. chocolate banana ( i don't know why but it suddenly looks like i spelt that wrong. maybe it's cos i had a whisky and 3 red wines before knocking off work...)

anyways.

dinner with mr tweedles:

wayet0608cca9.jpg

i had beef noodles. with lots of lime, and chinchalok ( i don't know how this should be spelt).

wayet0608dgj1.jpg

our local denimhead had pappadums and murtabak with curry.

^ what's the matter? if it's truly good, shouldn't be a problem coming back to it again and again.

that said, you could've done something different even if it's with the same ingredients /instant jap curry condiment. try doing it with pasta. or layer with lasagna/baked rice topped with cheese.

it's never about what you have, it's what you do with it. and above all, who you are.

lunch:

wayet0609ady2.jpg

my mum has mastered the art of making odds and ends in the fridge look like a princely meal.

^ what's the matter? if it's truly good, shouldn't be a problem coming back to it again and again.

that said, you could've done something different even if it's with the same ingredients /instant jap curry condiment. try doing it with pasta. or layer with lasagna/baked rice topped with cheese.

it's never about what you have, it's what you do with it. and above all, who you are.

that just inspired me to go made the jap curry pasta with mushrooms and spam.

haha

Soepom:

I just woke up after sleeping for 12 hours, and the first words out of my mouth was "wut the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk!"

你的妈妈是一个厨房女神。

simply amazing...